Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    it would serve no purpose to remove something that makes players happy and does not alter the balance of the game, so now that it is implemented it will never be removed. that would be like suddenly retiring a vanity mount.

it would serve no purpose to remove something that makes players happy and does not alter the balance of the game, so now that it is implemented it will never be removed. that would be like suddenly retiring a vanity mount.
    like when they did not remove the pet and mount questlines? oh right, they did...

If anything they might give green fire out for free next expansion.
    prooly, the qq from the bads is immense
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    like when they did not remove the pet and mount questlines? oh right, they did...
    they removed the Quests, not the Mounts or Pets. I was talking about the the reward not the process of getting it.
    Last time i check Felsteed is baseline now.

- - - Updated - - -

prooly, the qq from the bads is immense
    See now you are just being an a**

Exalted to the isle's reputation, still killing elites "for the fun of it" and the valor => still no book.

Yeah I would like it baseline
    (It's a joke, don't flame me !)

they removed the Quests, not the Mounts or Pets. I was talking about the the reward not the process of getting it.
    Last time i check Felsteed is baseline now.
    you refereed ti something that makes people happy- the quests were also that for a large portion of old warlocks players. Classes before had unique quests that people liked and we all lost that.

See now you are just being an a**
    But I am right, just look the qq on the official forums. Its no secret that blizzard gives free rewards and people love it, thats why lfr is such a success.

Exalted to the isle's reputation, still killing elites "for the fun of it" and the valor => still no book.
    Another bad job on blizzard- the hardest part of the questline is actually for rng to work and drop the tome. Again, something they wanted to be "epic" is 50% a grindfest.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

they will never scale the mechanic.

they would want all locks to get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post

Yeah I would like it baseline
    (It's a joke, don't flame me !)
    Took me 76 damned kills:P
    Hey! Hey! I think i found a rare candy!
    Huh?
    Congratulations, your Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro!

But I am right, just look the qq on the official forums. Its no secret that blizzard gives free rewards and people love it, thats why lfr is such a success.
    You're among the many that lack perspective. Most of the complaints aren't from people who just "want it for free"; they are from people who despite their best efforts are hitting a wall on the encounter and/or simply don't enjoy it. Some people find it easy, many many others do not. Some people like that type of encounter,
    others do not. The problem, particularly on mmo-c which is primarily frequented by the "top 5%" group of people, tend to not be able to put themselves in the shoes of the "lesser skilled", and the echo chamber of these forums just reinforces their lack of perspective.

Another bad job on blizzard- the hardest part of the questline is actually for rng to work and drop the tome. Again, something they wanted to be "epic" is 50% a grindfest.
    I've given away about 15 tomes already that I've collected just over the course of using the rares to valor cap for the weeks. RNG gonna RNG I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    I would hope they do not remove it. Perhaps a scaling mechanic...but the quest is just too good to go. It could get a FoS similar to the old mounts, if they wanted to keep its "prestige."

But honestly, it's really not challenging enough to warrant that.
    I'm not sure. On the one hand, it's NOT the easiest fight when you consider mechanics, and I could definitely see a FoS for completing it prior to the next expansion. On the other hand, it's class specific and I imagine they want to minimize making people feel special in such a way. For example, only Warlocks can complete it, so even if a player of another class could have completed it, which would admittedly take more skill due to the enslave 'requirement', they can't actually take part in it and so will never have a chance at that FoS. I know they had them for the Charger and Felsteed quest chains, but that's the past when "exclusivity" was more common.

What I DON'T want to happen is to see them scale the quest chain. I may have completed it, but I feel Green Fire is cool enough that everyone should have it. It's one of those things that doesn't get less cool the more people have it. You've also got to consider that the traps part would probably still kill someone in the next expansion if they're not careful. It does an immense amount of damage (something like 300K on each trap), and while 1, maybe 2, are perfectly survivable, more than that is going to push it. Even if we're sitting on 1M health in the first tier (quite a real possibility), you're still generally going to have to run around the traps or use the eye to set your portal.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    I've given away about 15 tomes already that I've collected just over the course of using the rares to valor cap for the weeks. RNG gonna RNG I guess.
    ::cry::
    oh if only you were on my server!

I hope not. I've farmed probably 30 tomes in the past couple of patches and made a lot of gold that way. I have about 10 stored in a gbank now, and I plan to steadily sell them for more and more as the population on the isle dwindles.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

You're among the many that lack perspective. Most of the complaints aren't from people who just "want it for free"; they are from people who despite their best efforts are hitting a wall on the encounter and/or simply don't enjoy it. Some people find it easy, many many others do not. Some people like that type of encounter,
    others do not. The problem, particularly on mmo-c which is primarily frequented by the "top 5%" group of people, tend to not be able to put themselves in the shoes of the "lesser skilled", and the echo chamber of these forums just reinforces their lack of perspective.
    Yes, people suck in this game hard, sorry I don't feel for them. Read again the forums, people ask for kanrethad to be nerfed. On its release time there would be 5 new threads daily asking for nerfs, if you dont believe please check out the official forums 3 months ago.

Do you know who made the most threads? The pvp guys? RPers?
    No, the ones with the high ilv due to LFR. There you go blizz, finally you gave free gear and a "challenging" scenario and the qq shitstorm started again. Dont belive me? Go and search to forums and prepare to be disgusted.

RNG gonna RNG I guess.
    bad design since 2004

bad design since 2004
    RNG in and of itself is not bad design, if used properly it most certainly add to the entertainment value of the game. Scheduling out when and where your going to get every single pieces of your gear is boring as hell. You lose the dynamic nature of the game. And that feeling of joy, after trying 5 times for a piece of loot, only to have it drop, is one of the best feelings in the game.

gambling is more fun if you lose but think you are going to win, than if you win but think you're going to lose.

the human brain is unfortunately irrational in that regard.

RNG in and of itself is not bad design, if used properly it most certainly add to the entertainment value of the game. Scheduling out when and where your going to get every single pieces of your gear is boring as hell. You lose the dynamic nature of the game. And that feeling of joy, after trying 5 times for a piece of loot, only to have it drop, is one of the best feelings in the game.
    I prefer to do my work and get my reward. Imagine you go to work and RNG decides if you get your paycheck- you would be happy, yes, but look the wider scale- if blizzard actually makes a different way and skillsets needed to acquire certain reward, aka revamp the pvp/pve gear system, it might open a wider form of gameplay. Dunno about you, but farming same bosses over and over for gear just seems like a carrot on a stick- but adding a top dps in contrast to ilv/uttility well used/aggro dumped or something like that to get loot would definetaly put a bigger incentive for players to give their best and earn it. Might even force the lfr heroes to l2p.

And rng in pvp? Worst thing ever.

well there can be a balance between RNG and hard work, for example the more effort you put into something the better the odds are in your favor

(this is premise behind the tokens of fortune, though it may not necessarily be the bestest of all forms of weighted RNG). The fact is the emotional response to good luck is overwhelming for most players and so games that have strong RNG component will be more addictive to more players.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesamoth View Post
    I think they will scale it rather than removing it.

Sidenote : i`ve looted 28 of those tomes in my time, first 5 sold for over 60.000 each, now i cant even sell one for 1k :<
    I started the quest on my lock last month, and I picked it up off the AH for 5k. Most certainly not a hot item anymore, but at the same time, depending on your server of course, there can be a decent demand. The real issue is the fact that the demand is fairly rare.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?