No boot device avaiable Dell11!!!

I am trying to install windows XP on my Dell GX280. I had problem with my old hard drive so I had to get new one. I have been testing my sisters hard drive on my PC and everything worked perferctly so I decided to get my one, I bought one of them yesterday and I have problem with installing windows xp 32bit on it. When I boot my pc after few seconds the error comes out with "No boot device avaiable" strike f1 to contunue or f2 to boot manager or something like this. I have also set CD/DVD device as a priority and it didnt help, I have been clearing PC inside, all the cables and motherboard and still with no change.

Any1 could help me solve this problem?

Can you see the hard drive in the bios?

Are you sure both the power and sata cables are in place? Many people forget the power cables :>

Yup, I can see them on the Bios. What cables are they? I think I got everything on place

If you can see them in the BIOS it means the cables are fine.

Try pressing the boot manager and see if it appears there first.

boot device menu;

Onboard SATA Hard drive
    Onboard or USB CD/dvd drive

System setup
    Hard drive diagnostics
    System utility setup

@refresh

- - - Updated - - -

refresh ......
    Last edited by Demologize; 2013-07-09 at 05:27 PM.

And when you choose the Onboard SATA hard drive, where does it take you?

again the error comes out "no boot device avaiable, strike f1...."

10+ Year Old Account
    iirc the stock drives in a 280 are IDE

you might want to put your cd/dvd drive into master mode, make sure it's using the connector on the end of the cable

Well i have no clue about how Dell builds their computers so i cant really help much xD

If the HDD can be seen in the bios then its not something hardware related wrong going on, just Dell.

how do you do it? do you mean to put cd/dvd as a first place? if yes, I have done.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking in BIOS, I have found something, idk if this will help.

On the "drives" part of BIOS when I look into Drive 0 - Sata 0 it says;

cotroller - serial ATA
    port SATA - 0

Does this means that my "controller" hard drive is ATA and the port only reads "SATA"? I have really no idea wht those 2means or what they are but I just wanted to add this.

- - - Updated - - -

refresh....