Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Not having pandas.

I wish I was kidding.
    The same here, really hate the pandas

5 mas that allow catching up like cata, didn´t like cata overall but catching up without a weekly lock would be good

Rep gear being separated from valor gear, double gating sucks

PD: Not trolling about pandas, I know a lot of people wanted them and like them now and I respect it, but personally I don´t feel like they belong in wow, didn`t like them even as the hero/mercenary avaible in WC3 frozen throne
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the warcraft feel that MoP lacks heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Pretty much, or at least something along those lines, WOTLK truly is where the game stopped being good.

Cataclysm, literally the cataclysm of WoW; and MoP the diseased fallout.
    I fully agree.

I pretty much stopped playing after WOTLK, although I tested both failed expansions after WOTLK for short periods of time. The game just stopped feeling like Warcraft after WOTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp. TB just was no where near as much fun. In fact wintergrasp was some of the best fun i have ever had in wow.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    That Warcrafty vibe. The Horde VS Alliance content has been great in MoP, but otherwise... we're in a mysterious land with no connection to us or beings we know from past encounters, fighting enemies that are not our own(arguably the Zandalari is an exception). We went to Outland for Illidan/Kael/Legion/our past, to Northrend for Arthas and the Scourge, to the regions of EK/Kalimdor to fight for our very survival. To Pandaria we went to fight each other, but focused a bit too much on local distractions. It has technically been good quality content, but in this expansion 70-80% of what we've been up to hasn't felt like Warcraft to me, and Warcraft is the precise reason I play this game. This is something I realized in hindsight, I supported Pandaria heavily prior to the expansion's announcement.
    Same here, you have to admit though Blizzard have nearly ran out of 'past' villains from the RTS games. They're going to have to make more eventually, though personally I feel that Garrosh was overly forced and the Thunderking just sprang up out of nowhere. Sylvanas would probably make a better villain as she's actually been developing over time instead of just popping up with a "this is the bad guy" stamp. Wish Blizzard didn't tell us that the siege of orgrimmar would be the last raid but nooooo people kept whining there was no "big bad guy" of an expansion and they had to reveal it super early and ruin any suspense.

I miss all my friends who quit because this expansion was so daily heavy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    The same here, really hate the pandas

5 mas that allow catching up like cata, didn´t like cata overall but catching up without a weekly lock would be good

Rep gear being separated from valor gear, double gating sucks

PD: Not trolling about pandas, I know a lot of people wanted them and like them now and I respect it, but personally I don´t feel like they belong in wow, didn`t like them even as the hero/mercenary avaible in WC3 frozen throne
    I agree on the Pandaren part. I think that this expansion wasn't thought through enough. They are backtracking most of their decisions. I could have sworn this was the biggest beta in the franchise history. /shrug.

The music. Pretty much all of it (except for Southern Krasarang and the tips of Jade Forest) is obviously oriental themed. That's not inherently bad, but it's just too much. I miss the themes that are iconicly Warcraft.

Except the inn songs. The one with all the kazoos is probably the best song ever composed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Treasure grab scenario is once a week and it gives on average 10 charms
    Clear out the first room instead of trying to get to the end, then; I would say my average is 16-17. That's more than enough for one week.

I levelled two chars to 89 to do Ahune recently and then went ahead and got them to 90. Here's what I do:

* Kill Isle rares til you get a key, do Super Happy Treasure Run to fill up your elder charms
    * Kill Pandaria rares til you get 50 lesser tokens, get 3 Mogu Runes
    * Use Isle rep tokens to get to Honored or whatever and buy the 476 belt
    * Do world bosses, roll on all of them
    * Rent PVP gear for honor points to bump your ilvl up to get into LFRs sooner (also, kill Krasarang rares for 483 world PVP trinkets)
    * Do T14 LFRs, roll on every boss

Two weeks of this and my two nooblets are 478 and 477, one of them already has her legendary gem ready to farm 3k VP and the other will this week. These are not new mains I'm trying to catch up, so I'm not investing a lot of time or money. I'm not crafting 496s for them, much less 522s. I'm not rerunning LFRs to reroll on boss drops I really want. But they'll be in ToT LFR this week and pretty close to 500 next week (total: four weeks) with a minimum of effort.

So I guess what I'm saying is catchup is fine, and if it takes you half a year then you should re-evaluate how you're catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    The Thunder King just sprang up out of nowhere.
    Only if you never did the quests in 5.0 and 5.1 that preshadowed him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    True, but I just didn't feel any build up. He wasn't a constant threat like the Lich King who got all up in your face and taunted and tried to have you killed from day 1 all the way up to his death. The TK just had maybe two or three quests where he actually appeared, once he actually spoke to you (if even that, I can't really remember) and honestly he just felt like a filler villain whereas Arthas, Deathwing, Illidain and so forth all had a massive build up and had ties with the entire expansion. granted; they had the advantage of having WC2/3 from years ago to build things up which is something new villains can never get, but it still just makes me clear the 5.2 raid with a resounding 'meh'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree OP, having us use portals to travel everywhere is just not as... exciting, I guess? They're pretty much replacing immersion with convenience, which sometimes is NOT a good thing, especially when you're trying to make an interesting, breathing world, when you have those ships, sailing to each dock, it makes you feel like the world isn't waiting for you, it's living, and it has it's own schedules.

I miss PvP being decent.

MoP has everything else though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    True, but I just didn't feel any build up. He wasn't a constant threat like the Lich King who got all up in your face and taunted and tried to have you killed from day 1 all the way up to his death. The TK just had maybe two or three quests where he actually appeared, once he actually spoke to you (if even that, I can't really remember) and honestly he just felt like a filler villain whereas Arthas, Deathwing, Illidain and so forth all had a massive build up and had ties with the entire expansion. granted; they had the advantage of having WC2/3 from years ago to build things up which is something new villains can never get, but it still just makes me clear the 5.2 raid with a resounding 'meh'.
    I think a better comparison would be YogSaron rather than the lich king, since LK was the all around bad guy for the expansion, but yogsaron wasn't, and there's a key difference why he jumped out of the left field and still was a huge thread that you cared about; you've had foreshadowing to him ever since you've stepped foot on northrend, depending on where you chose to start, ofcourse, and he wasn't there for just one zone, he was there on many of them, and was featured as a heavy behind-the-scenes antagonist throughout the storm peaks.

While Lei Shen did have his own questline, you have to remember that it wasn't a big one, and it was just a small part out of a very large zone, and it never left you with any mystery or encounter impact, they never tell you how important that guy is, and when it's over it's over, they never set up any plans to go after the trolls and look for Lei Shen, they just end it.

i miss the daily mobs from wrath. you could run into groups of 10 or 12, AoE a couple times and move on.

Update the damn fucking boats! Menethil Harbor and Theramore are in ruin yet the petty wooden docks still stand. There's one remaining dock in Stormwind and they could've opened a new port in Northwatch.
    It is understandable though they did not introduce boats to send you in Pandaria if you follow the lore, but they should have been available after 5.1:LANDFALL and have closed the portals.

Launch event. Such as Scourge Invasion or Operation: Gnomeregan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    He was foreshadowed but didn't actually do anything interesting once he was resurrected. He should have showed up in 5.1 to kick some ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I think a better comparison would be YogSaron rather than the lich king, since LK was the all around bad guy for the expansion, but yogsaron wasn't, and there's a key difference why he jumped out of the left field and still was a huge thread that you cared about; you've had foreshadowing to him ever since you've stepped foot on northrend, depending on where you chose to start, ofcourse, and he wasn't there for just one zone, he was there on many of them, and was featured as a heavy behind-the-scenes antagonist throughout the storm peaks.

While Lei Shen did have his own questline, you have to remember that it wasn't a big one, and it was just a small part out of a very large zone, and it never left you with any mystery or encounter impact, they never tell you how important that guy is, and when it's over it's over, they never set up any plans to go after the trolls and look for Lei Shen, they just end it.
    Yeah. And once again, once he's brought back all he does is sulk in his fortress.

Dungeons!
    With actual good gear in it =/

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Except MoP PvP really does suck. It has it's good points, infact, the Conquest catch up and the weapons not needing rating are some of the best changes implemented. The actual PvP, however, is completely terrible and unbalanced. There was nowhere near the same amount of people complaining about PvP in Wrath and TBC, I actually don't remember many people complaining about Wrath legitimately at all. Most people complained about entering BG's after just dinging and getting globaled due to gear. Now, even when you're fully geared you can get killed in seconds.
    You didn't play wotlk. All people do is bitch even when a class is 5% better they still complain. The amount of youtube videos of people getting trololol globaled by wizards in wotlk was huge.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-07-10 at 01:03 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

I seriously didn't mind Shamans, then Mages, then Paladins, then Death Knights, then Warlocks, then Hunters owning everyone. In the end, every class will have its chance. Monk should have been the "lolpwning" class for MoP.