Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Treasure grab scenario is once a week and it gives on average 10 charms
    Clear out the first room instead of trying to get to the end, then; I would say my average is 16-17. That's more than enough for one week.

I levelled two chars to 89 to do Ahune recently and then went ahead and got them to 90. Here's what I do:

* Kill Isle rares til you get a key, do Super Happy Treasure Run to fill up your elder charms
    * Kill Pandaria rares til you get 50 lesser tokens, get 3 Mogu Runes
    * Use Isle rep tokens to get to Honored or whatever and buy the 476 belt
    * Do world bosses, roll on all of them
    * Rent PVP gear for honor points to bump your ilvl up to get into LFRs sooner (also, kill Krasarang rares for 483 world PVP trinkets)
    * Do T14 LFRs, roll on every boss

Two weeks of this and my two nooblets are 478 and 477, one of them already has her legendary gem ready to farm 3k VP and the other will this week. These are not new mains I'm trying to catch up, so I'm not investing a lot of time or money. I'm not crafting 496s for them, much less 522s. I'm not rerunning LFRs to reroll on boss drops I really want. But they'll be in ToT LFR this week and pretty close to 500 next week (total: four weeks) with a minimum of effort.

So I guess what I'm saying is catchup is fine, and if it takes you half a year then you should re-evaluate how you're catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    The Thunder King just sprang up out of nowhere.
    Only if you never did the quests in 5.0 and 5.1 that preshadowed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    True, but I just didn't feel any build up. He wasn't a constant threat like the Lich King who got all up in your face and taunted and tried to have you killed from day 1 all the way up to his death. The TK just had maybe two or three quests where he actually appeared, once he actually spoke to you (if even that, I can't really remember) and honestly he just felt like a filler villain whereas Arthas, Deathwing, Illidain and so forth all had a massive build up and had ties with the entire expansion. granted; they had the advantage of having WC2/3 from years ago to build things up which is something new villains can never get, but it still just makes me clear the 5.2 raid with a resounding 'meh'.

I agree OP, having us use portals to travel everywhere is just not as... exciting, I guess? They're pretty much replacing immersion with convenience, which sometimes is NOT a good thing, especially when you're trying to make an interesting, breathing world, when you have those ships, sailing to each dock, it makes you feel like the world isn't waiting for you, it's living, and it has it's own schedules.

I miss PvP being decent.

MoP has everything else though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    True, but I just didn't feel any build up. He wasn't a constant threat like the Lich King who got all up in your face and taunted and tried to have you killed from day 1 all the way up to his death. The TK just had maybe two or three quests where he actually appeared, once he actually spoke to you (if even that, I can't really remember) and honestly he just felt like a filler villain whereas Arthas, Deathwing, Illidain and so forth all had a massive build up and had ties with the entire expansion. granted; they had the advantage of having WC2/3 from years ago to build things up which is something new villains can never get, but it still just makes me clear the 5.2 raid with a resounding 'meh'.
    I think a better comparison would be YogSaron rather than the lich king, since LK was the all around bad guy for the expansion, but yogsaron wasn't, and there's a key difference why he jumped out of the left field and still was a huge thread that you cared about; you've had foreshadowing to him ever since you've stepped foot on northrend, depending on where you chose to start, ofcourse, and he wasn't there for just one zone, he was there on many of them, and was featured as a heavy behind-the-scenes antagonist throughout the storm peaks.

While Lei Shen did have his own questline, you have to remember that it wasn't a big one, and it was just a small part out of a very large zone, and it never left you with any mystery or encounter impact, they never tell you how important that guy is, and when it's over it's over, they never set up any plans to go after the trolls and look for Lei Shen, they just end it.

i miss the daily mobs from wrath. you could run into groups of 10 or 12, AoE a couple times and move on.

Update the damn fucking boats! Menethil Harbor and Theramore are in ruin yet the petty wooden docks still stand. There's one remaining dock in Stormwind and they could've opened a new port in Northwatch.
    It is understandable though they did not introduce boats to send you in Pandaria if you follow the lore, but they should have been available after 5.1:LANDFALL and have closed the portals.

Launch event. Such as Scourge Invasion or Operation: Gnomeregan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    He was foreshadowed but didn't actually do anything interesting once he was resurrected. He should have showed up in 5.1 to kick some ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I think a better comparison would be YogSaron rather than the lich king, since LK was the all around bad guy for the expansion, but yogsaron wasn't, and there's a key difference why he jumped out of the left field and still was a huge thread that you cared about; you've had foreshadowing to him ever since you've stepped foot on northrend, depending on where you chose to start, ofcourse, and he wasn't there for just one zone, he was there on many of them, and was featured as a heavy behind-the-scenes antagonist throughout the storm peaks.

While Lei Shen did have his own questline, you have to remember that it wasn't a big one, and it was just a small part out of a very large zone, and it never left you with any mystery or encounter impact, they never tell you how important that guy is, and when it's over it's over, they never set up any plans to go after the trolls and look for Lei Shen, they just end it.
    Yeah. And once again, once he's brought back all he does is sulk in his fortress.

Dungeons!
    With actual good gear in it =/

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Except MoP PvP really does suck. It has it's good points, infact, the Conquest catch up and the weapons not needing rating are some of the best changes implemented. The actual PvP, however, is completely terrible and unbalanced. There was nowhere near the same amount of people complaining about PvP in Wrath and TBC, I actually don't remember many people complaining about Wrath legitimately at all. Most people complained about entering BG's after just dinging and getting globaled due to gear. Now, even when you're fully geared you can get killed in seconds.
    You didn't play wotlk. All people do is bitch even when a class is 5% better they still complain. The amount of youtube videos of people getting trololol globaled by wizards in wotlk was huge.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-07-10 at 01:03 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

I seriously didn't mind Shamans, then Mages, then Paladins, then Death Knights, then Warlocks, then Hunters owning everyone. In the end, every class will have its chance. Monk should have been the "lolpwning" class for MoP.

Variety in the leveling process. Feels like you're rail-roaded throughout the entirety of the leveling process. Got three characters to 90, and after the first it felt like pulling teeth.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek View Post
    Variety in the leveling process. Feels like you're rail-roaded throughout the entirety of the leveling process. Got three characters to 90, and after the first it felt like pulling teeth.

Nah, you have much more choice in Pandaria than Cataclysm.

Sending my alts BoA stuff for crafting.

-GLARES AT THE MOTES OF HARMONY-
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    Nah, you have much more choice in Pandaria than Cataclysm.
    You do for your main at endgame, MOP is the most alt unfriendly expansion so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Seriously, this whole crusade against opinions and criticizing Blizzard in general really shows who blindly throws money at corporations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they don't. I have yet to see anyone who raids LFR complain that LFR drops gear of lesser value than normal/heroic (heroic/mythic), but all I hear is raiders in heroic/mythic bitching about people in LFR getting any rewards.

It's funny to hear people praise Wrath for its buildup to a the final boss when during Wrath, all people did was complain about how lame and inept the Lich King was during his buildup.

The grass is always greener two hills back.

-Good PvP. Mists really messed that up. Say what you will about Cata but it had some darn good PvP balance.

-Old school grinding. The kind where you have to slaughter hundreds, nay, THOUSANDS of mobs to rep up a faction. They need to bring that back and tie it to an optional faction (one with only cosmetic rewards). That way all the tryhards out there won't complain that they lost their jobs because they spent 4 days straight killing mobs so they could increase their ilvl by 2 points.

EDIT: upon thinking about it they did this with Wrathion's faction, but ultimately there wasn't much payoff. Repping up his faction wasn't really the major grind of his quests (getting sigils, or whatever they were called, off raid bosses was), and so it didn't feel very enjoyable.

-Optional dailies. Many dailies were actually fun before they became mandatory.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-07-10 at 04:15 AM.

Challenging 5 man heroics. I don't think Challenge Modes are that interesting tbh, I just want the TBC model back.

Attunement quests for raids.

Ulduar-style raiding model. No LFR-Normal-Heroic mode that can be switched in a drop-down menu. That's really boring to me.

Warcraft Lore. Pandaria is very beautiful and looks great, but it doesn't feel like Warcraft. The story is also not that interesting. I hope the next expac will return to the kinds of stories that Warcraft was founded on, and go back and focus on the characters and themes that are still available to them. It seems a shame we wasted an entire expansion on Pandas, it seems like a side step from Warcraft and it doesn't really develop the world that much.

I miss WoW... Honestly it doesn't even feel like the same game to me anymore. If I knew what was coming back in BC or Wrath. I would have chose sitting around in Shatt or Dalaran any day. That's not nostalgia talking either.
    Gnome Pride!