Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel like 5 mans should be the catch up mechanic, and lfr should be the end game for people who cant do flex or normal if it must stay. I dont know how they can make it feel like you aren't beating the game but still see the content and get gear without making lfr the primary catch up mechanic. Lfr is dull to grind for new alts, and makes me not even want to gear them. I also think it would be a good idea o make lfr and normal mode share a lockout now that we have flex modes.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

I miss difficulty.

Oh and

Quote Originally Posted by Ypo View Post
    I miss Warcraft. MoP isn't Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Alongside your profile picture shows the irony in your post.
    No irony. MoP isn't Warcraft and I miss Warcraft. Since you didn't get it, my profile picture is there to mock fanbois [sic].

The Thunder King I felt like came off as weak because, while he has an interesting backstory, he didn't do anything noteworthy in the PRESENT other than sit in his evil island. It's like they tried to replicate Yogg-Saron, a villain you know nothing about coming into the new continent but learn more about as you level across the zones, do quests and learn the lore, but while Yogg came across as a great and present threat, the Thunder King kind of fell flat because everything he did that was noteworthy was done thousands of years in the past.

The Sha, Mantid and Kor'kron I like though. I don't mind stepping back a bit and lowering the scale of the conflict a little, because honestly you can only keep the escalation up for so long. It's nice, for one expansion, to not be killing off one of the series' most iconic villains and focus on some newer lore. Sure, MoP's story isn't perfect, but I love the change of pace before we inevitably head off after Azshara/N'zoth/Kil'jaeden/Sargeras/whoever is next on the chopping block.

One thing I do miss however, is the neutral cities. And I mean a real, fully fleshed out city like Shattrath or Dalaran, not two cut and paste mini cities. It makes sense I guess considering we're at war this expansion, so a neutral city wouldn't much fit with the Pandaren themselves not having a big capital, but I hope we get another one next expansion since the Horde vs Alliance story will no doubt be toned down after the Siege.

Part of me misses new dungeons, but to be honest even those get old fast when you're chain running them to catch up an alt or to farm valor, so I don't mind them using scenarios instead. Scenarios are one thing I really love about this expansion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    I miss the 5 man grind. I know I'm crazy but to me a huge part of cata was being able to grind dungeons. Not there doesn't seem to be any point to heroic 5 mans.
    Totally agree.

No irony. MoP isn't Warcraft and I miss Warcraft. Since you didn't get it, my profile picture is there to mock fanbois [sic].
    And what exactly makes MoP 'not warcraft?' The presence of Pandaren?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You feel like you beat the game because of lfr? Thats why I don't like the feature. This isn't a popular opinion, but i wish they would remove lfr and just make flex mode the new easy raid that's harder then lfr and easier then normal like its going to be. Its not that lfr rewards gear or that i think people don't deserve to see the content, but i worry that people are quitting the game cause they kill leishen on lfr and think they beat the game.
    I tend to go by the motto that if it's an MMO, you should never think you've "beaten" it. I like LFR and even have fun with it but I do feel a lot of people are likely thinking along the same lines as the person you posted. Believing they have beaten an MMO by doing the easiest content available.

Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    i miss the fun ;p

although I do really miss.... -
    a neutral city (shattrah/dala)
    daily dungeon quest (timear forsees thingy), getting a group and travelling to said dungeon....
    weekly raid quest
    separate raid lock outs
    old talent tree system
    PuGs,, pugs died on my server at start of cata (yea my server was shit thru cata, now its dead
    all my old friends I had thru wotlk/cata... now they've ALL fukked off too..

the whole feeling of warcraft I miss the most, like someone else said, MoP doesn't feel like warcraft at all, nothing makes sense, feels like a cheap cash in on Asian shit to get Asian countries paying and playing?????

I MISS THE WARCRAFTYNESS !!!!
    PuGs will make a bit of a comeback when we get these Flex raids I reckon.

As for thinking Blizzard made MoP to cater to the Asian market alone, I have no reply that would be civil enough really :P

- - - Updated - - -

It's as Warcraft as it gets. Because you dislike something, doesn't mean it doesn't belong.

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Story leading up to a mega villain. No matter what Bliz writes, I cannot convince myself that Garrosh and his SS Troopers are more of a threat to Azeroth than the Burning Legion or the Lich King.
    I think that is because Garrosh is not the main villain. Garrosh is just the last guy we kill in this expansion which is traditionally been the place for the main villain. I think the villain in MoP is the player and factions that he/she supports.

In spite of the many heroic and powerful deeds, our factions have left Pandaria in ruins and turmoil. I think that was supposed to be the point. Although I don't think Blizzard was able to convey that message very effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I think that is because Garrosh is not the main villain. Garrosh is just the last guy we kill in this expansion which is traditionally been the place for the main villain. I think the villain in MoP is the player and factions that he/she supports.

In spite of the many heroic and powerful deeds, our factions have left Pandaria in ruins and turmoil. I think that was supposed to be the point. Although I don't think Blizzard was able to convey that message very effectively.
    No, I think Garrosh is pretty much the main villain. He pushes the war even though most in his faction didn't want it, he treats the non orcs like canon fodder and unearths Pandaria's ancient, dark secrets to use as weapons for orcish conquest. Really the players are only the 'villains' in the Jade Forest, beyond that pretty much everything is pinned on Garrosh.

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Buying rep items with gold. The double gating mechanism for rep gear is awful and I'm glad they're scrapping it, to an extent, in 5.4.
    You can use Raid Finder to join a 25-player raid for some of the most epic experiences World of Warcraft has to offer.

Longer and harder leveling, it's far too easy now.

Rare mobs being no threat at all.

Group Quests, will add elite zones into this bit (think of that Hinterland's area in vanilla).

Harder 5 mans.

Multiple starter zones and different leveling paths. I would like at least a choice of 2 zones for each level.

Talent point for each ding.

At least they got raids right.

Arena of Annihilation is meant to be the next version of "arenas with weapon rewards" - it might not feel the same (it doesn't to me) and hopefully next expansion will introduce the old style arena, but we can't say, it's not there.

If I remember correctly, I took a warship to Pandaria for the first time, and then there is the portal (same like cata portals from main city) - so O.o huh?

It seems you miss things that can't be missed, since they are present. To your question though, I really miss epic catchup with 5-mans (last tier cata dungeons + zuls were amazing and actually pretty challenging) the same with WotLK ICC dungeons. I also miss epic gems dropping in 5-mans / raids (not only the recipes, but the actual gems, like it used to drop in BC). Aaaaand I miss reputation tabards.... 'nuff said.

But on the other hand, we got plenty of new stuff, scenarios, interesting dailies tied to content and story, world bosses (I love world bosses), tons of rare mobs and even zone event (battlefield: barrens).. I think if they create a mix of these and add something from the past, it could lead to a pretty amazing next expansion. My hopes are still with Blizzard.
    "In this universe effect follows cause. I've complained about it but—"

Lack of 5 player dungeons and the way the current dungeons are just too easy. I'm not saying they have to be really hard but it's basically impossible to wipe at the moment...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Longer and harder leveling, it's far too easy now.

Rare mobs being no threat at all.
    Most of the rares basically 1 shot you if you don't dodge / interrupt their mechanics and you aren't in raid gear.

Hard 5 man heroics like BC had.

New heroics.
    Monk main Casual

people putting quotes in signatures are often retarded according to science.

The one thing I do miss is dungeons from BC/Vanilla that required some strategy and planning. Having a hunter kite one of the adds on Drakkisath, actually using CC, longer dungeons like BRD. I understand the design intent behind faster dungeons, but I still miss some of the dungeon runs I did in vanilla and even BC. That said, even in BC as a prot paly I was aoe tanking most stuff in heroics once I got somewhat decent gear anyway so long as my healer was also decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Arena of Annihilation is meant to be the next version of "arenas with weapon rewards" - it might not feel the same (it doesn't to me) and hopefully next expansion will introduce the old style arena, but we can't say, it's not there.

Don't see why it's important to have any of those arena type things. There's too much of just recreating things from the past with different names as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Don't see why it's important to have any of those arena type things. There's too much of just recreating things from the past with different names as it is.
    Yeah, I thought it fit in well as a scenario. Not a big fan of group quests myself because, while they're cool when you have a group for them, they are a pain in the ass when you can't find one, and bringing in a high level friend to help just defeats the purpose of it.

I miss Warcraft. MoP isn't Warcraft.
    me 2 buddy me 2, I'm so sick of killing monkeys, pandas and bunnies
    to me warcraft means: the burning legion, the scourge, Illidan...
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    me 2 buddy me 2
    Again what exactly makes MoP 'not warcraft?' Other than "I don't like it?"