Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Story leading up to a mega villain. No matter what Bliz writes, I cannot convince myself that Garrosh and his SS Troopers are more of a threat to Azeroth than the Burning Legion or the Lich King.
    Pretty much this. I love the Horde vs Alliance conflict, and always want it to be there, but I need something else major to go with it. Nothing has really compared to the Legion or Scourge since then. I suppose the Twilight cult was somewhat similar to the Legion, but far less cool. And nothing in Pandaria compares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Oh ho, really?

The Sha: the remnants of an old god, expanding on old god lore and having an old god presence without doing an actual full blown third old god.

The Mogu: Expanding on titan lore, another titan made race that went rogue when the curse of flesh hit.

The Mantid: Relatives of the Qiraji and Nerubians, while still having their own unique lore with the klaxxi and paragons.

The main conflict is also the horde/alliance war, ending with the horde rebels and alliance uniting against Garrosh.

The waters of the Vale are linked to the well of eternity.

Everything in MoP ties back to pre existing lore, it's not all a bunch of completely unrelated stuff.

All expansions expand on stuff. Outland and Northrend have a greater variety of landscapes than Warcraft 3 suggested. They introduce new races like the Vrykul and arakkoa.
    however the original story line is Azeroth vs. Burning Legion, and all the new stuff they created doesn't connect to that at all (safe for Wrathion saying they will return)^^

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    nearly everything of MoP didn't exist prior to it, I'd like Blizzard to expand on the original story lines rather than create totally new stuff
    that means: I wanna see the Burning Legion, I wanna fight demons and I wanna learn more of the titans (granted, we got some titan lore this expansion, which was good!) Also the whole acopaclyptic feeling simply isn't there this expansion. to me warcraft always had a dark, grim feeling, now we hunt bunnies, apes and cuddle with pandas, even the mogu don't look frightening at all, only the mantid were cool, but their story ended way too soon imo
    Original storyline is Horde vs Alliance - or rather Orcs vs Humans, that's what MoP is about. Doesn't get anymore original than that.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Original storyline is Horde vs Alliance - or rather Orcs vs Humans, that's what MoP is about. Doesn't get anymore original than that.
    sorry but the story of wc1 and wc2 is totally irrelevant, wc3 is the story basis, basically everything of wc1 and 2 has been retconned anyway
    but ure probably right, I guess I just don't like it then, I'd like to see more Legion stuff

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    however the original story line is Azeroth vs. Burning Legion, and all the new stuff they created doesn't connect to that at all (safe for Wrathion saying they will return)^^
    Uh, it does. All the Mogu lore is related to the Titan lore, thus related to the Legion. Not to mention the 5.2 warlock questline expanded quite a bit on the Legion or rather the Demon lore.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry but the story of wc1 and wc2 is totally irrelevant, wc3 is the story basis, basically everything of wc1 and 2 has been retconned anyway
    Incorrect. And even Warcraft 3 had A LOT of faction fighting. Ah well, just saw your edit - Fair enough, I for one much prefer some standard mortal factions fighting, instead of constantly having to beat back yet another immortal, unstoppable army of either demons or zombies.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-07-09 at 07:17 PM.

No, that was the storyline of Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos. Warcraft 1 and 2 were 'orcs vs humans' and 'alliance vs horde.' But Warcraft has many other storylines. The Titans, the Old Gods, the Horde/Alliance war, etc. The Burning Legion may be the 'primary' antagonists of Warcraft but even then they're strongly rivaled by the old gods, and are far from the only storyline in the franchise.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, that was the storyline of Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos. Warcraft 1 and 2 were 'orcs vs humans' and 'alliance vs horde.' But Warcraft has many other storylines. The Titans, the Old Gods, the Horde/Alliance war, etc. The Burning Legion may be the 'primary' antagonists of Warcraft but even then they're strongly rivaled by the old gods, and are far from the only storyline in the franchise.
    Not to mention that the Legion is getting "Sunday Morning Cartoon Villain" status.

but ure probably right
    Aspects of their stories have been reconned but those wars themselves are still vital parts of Warcraft's history. BC and Wrath relied heavily on WC 3 lore but the franchise couldn't, and shouldn't, rely on that forever.

5-mans. There have been fewer and fewer 5-mans every expansion. Scenarios are a poor substitute, although being able to queue for the arena is an improvement over spamming world channels for a group. I understand that LFR and scenarios take less work as a catchup mechanism, but being railroaded along a scenario just isn't fun and I can't really bring myself to do them, not for a chance at an item that has a chance at being for the slot I want.

I think of it in terms of say Superman and Lex Luthor, or Batman and the Joker. Sure, the Joker may be Batman's most famous and 'main' antagonist, but that doesn't mean that every story where he faces off against Two Face, or they introduce a new villain, isn't really Batman anymore.

Deleted
    Uh, it does. All the Mogu lore is related to the Titan lore, thus related to the Legion. Not to mention the 5.2 warlock questline expanded quite a bit on the Legion or rather the Demon lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect. And even Warcraft 3 had A LOT of faction fighting. Ah well, just saw your edit - Fair enough, I for one much prefer some standard mortal factions fighting, instead of constantly having to beat back yet another immortal, unstoppable army of either demons or zombies.
    uh one class quest is very little and titan lore and legion lore are intertwined yes, but I don't see how the titan lore in MoP connects to the legion at ALL

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    nearly everything of MoP didn't exist prior to it, I'd like Blizzard to expand on the original story lines rather than create totally new stuff
    that means: I wanna see the Burning Legion, I wanna fight demons and I wanna learn more of the titans (granted, we got some titan lore this expansion, which was good!) Also the whole acopaclyptic feeling simply isn't there this expansion. to me warcraft always had a dark, grim feeling, now we hunt bunnies, apes and cuddle with pandas, even the mogu don't look frightening at all, only the mantid were cool, but their story ended way too soon imo
    Oh and the Mantid story doesn't seem to be completely over yet, with the Paragons appearing in SoO.

Oh and there's always been a lot of fun and silly elements in Warcraft. Always.

Rogues being dangerous and not just pesky.
    Better/harder/more dungeons. I just dont like scenarios
    having friends that I could play with. (all quit including me recently)
    As mentioned, fighting pandas, bunnies, monkeys, and bugs isnt fun at all. Id rather kill demons and twilight cultists.
    To me, seeing content on LFR isnt really fun. I miss going around and seeing people with full raid gear and thinking "damn.."
    I miss PvP being fun. too many buffs, too much CC, too much healing, too much damage based on CDs.
    I miss magtheridon (Us)

Deleted
    even in wc1 and wc2 the legion was the actual antagonist, they made the orcs fight the humans after all. yes there are other story lines but the Legion is the original villain and the old gods hardly rival an endless army of extraterrestial and immortal demons, but that's another discussion

I miss old style talents in a sense of progression. I enjoy being able to fill out a tree, or some kind of specialty for my character. Mists of Pandaria (And Cataclysm) removed this to a very large extent, which leaves huge gaps in between leveling. Such as being unable to learn your abilities on your own time, which Cataclysm at least kept. Mists of Pandaria just removed it and now you learn all these passives and abilities without batting an eye, and I dislike that. It's way too convenient, and it certainly can make you miss a core mechanic your class has if you don't read every single ability. I know people don't, and even with the old talent system people did not... But at least you still progressed.

I hate automatic progression, it doesn't feel like you as the player are progressing, but the system is. Which is something World of Warcraft keeps going towards (Or has) since Cataclysm. Maybe in the next expansion something will bring back progression while leveling up, as it stands now I don't favor the new version over the old (Classic - WotLK).
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2013-07-09 at 07:27 PM.

even in wc1 and wc2 the legion was the actual antagonist, they made the orcs fight the humans after all. yes there are other story lines but the Legion is the original villain and the old gods hardly rival an endless army of extraterrestial and immortal demons.
    Again though, the Legion being the main antagonist does not mean that it is the ONLY story or that they should be the ONLY villains. Heck if that's your criteria for it being warcraft, then Vanilla didn't count as Warcraft, Wrath and Cata didn't count, and only half of BC counted.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    uh one class quest is very little and titan lore and legion lore are intertwined yes, but I don't see how the titan lore in MoP connects to the legion at ALL
    That one class quest expanded more upon the lore of the Titans than anything previously in the game. It told us that all the demons of the Legion, such as the Doomguard used to be slaves to the Titans, it basically showed us that the Legion and the Titans have very simliar methods. As for all the Mogu lore and Lei Shen and Ra-Den, that taught us that the Titans are RUTHLESS. They will stop at nothing to defeat the natives of whatever planet they encounter and force their own law upon them. Where as the Legion just destroys, the Titans enforce. So tell me, who's the real bad guy now?

Oh and the Mantid story doesn't seem to be completely over yet, with the Paragons appearing in SoO.

Oh and there's always been a lot of fun and silly elements in Warcraft. Always.
    Yeah. I think the Pandaren if anything have more serious lore and less silly lore than the gnomes and goblins.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    even in wc1 and wc2 the legion was the actual antagonist, they made the orcs fight the humans after all. yes there are other story lines but the Legion is the original villain and the old gods hardly rival an endless army of extraterrestial and immortal demons, but that's another discussion
    Eh, not so much actual antagonist as much as "guys behind the curtain".

Deleted
    Again though, the Legion being the main antagonist does not mean that it is the ONLY story or that they should be the ONLY villains. Heck if that's your criteria for it being warcraft, then Vanilla didn't count as Warcraft, Wrath and Cata didn't count, and only half of BC counted.
    it is my criteria for warcraft yes, in vanilla there were a lot of demons, vanilla counted because we had at least one raid the legion was responsible for (naxxramas, scourge created by legion), Wrath counted aswell, because the Legion created the whole Scourge, as for Cata, well I didn't like it so yeah

- - - Updated - - -

That one class quest expanded more upon the lore of the Titans than anything previously in the game. It told us that all the demons of the Legion, such as the Doomguard used to be slaves to the Titans, it basically showed us that the Legion and the Titans have very simliar methods. As for all the Mogu lore and Lei Shen and Ra-Den, that taught us that the Titans are RUTHLESS. They will stop at nothing to defeat the natives of whatever planet they encounter and force their own law upon them. Where as the Legion just destroys, the Titans enforce. So tell me, who's the real bad guy now?
    yes but we didn't actually fight them, also wether the Titans are actually the bad guys is a very interesting discussion yep