Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss when they added 5mans with every content patch. It kept things fresh. Scenarios feel.... weird.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Those weren't even six days of playing full time. If you do the isle of thunder content, greater fortune charms drop like candy.
    No they don't drop like candy if you just do the Isle content. They drop like candy if you farm it for some time. And charms are not loot. You have to run LFR with them over and over again. Dealing with RNG. Then farm them again. Rinse and repeat. Even with higher drop rates you are not guaranteed to get a loot or the loot you need.

So you did a couple of months worth of LFR in 6 days. And I cannot do that. So for me it takes months. Hence the complaint. Hence the sub loses.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-07-09 at 08:33 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Group quests is on my list. Quests that took a few people to at least to kill an elite. I miss those.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You know what sucks? Sitting on a dock and waiting for a boat to show up.
    Yeah indeed I love portals, I always hated the zep when I switched from kalimdor to EK or going to Northrend..
    On topic I miss Valor Points BoE's I used to make a lot of cash back in Cata when those came out

Also this
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Would have liked an actual expansion launch event.
    I guess the barrens thing kinda makes up for it but still just doesn't feel right. I really hope for something big after 5.4 as a world event.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-07-09 at 08:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by zimzum2523 View Post
    This board is not asking what you like so that is irrelevant. The trolls that I am talking about just came here to tell everyone who dose not like something about mop that they are wrong.
    Kinda like you just came here to tell the said "trolls" that they are trolls.... RIght then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I miss when they added 5mans with every content patch. It kept things fresh. Scenarios feel.... weird.
    They never did that though. Never. Ulduar didn't add any 5mans, BT patch didn't add any. Firelands didn't add any etc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No they don't drop like candy if you just do the Isle content. They drop like candy if you farm it for some time. And charms are not loot. You have to run LFR with them over and over again. Dealing with RNG. Then farm them again. Rinse and repeat. Even with higher drop rates you are not guaranteed to get a loot or the loot you need.

So you did a couple of months worth of LFR in 6 days. And I cannot do that. So for me it takes months. Hence the complaint. Hence the sub loses.
    I didn't do any repeat lfr runs at all. Do the treasure grab secnario, do your dailys etc on the isle, buy valor gear as needed. Even if it takes you a few weeks to get to ToT level, it's still a lot faster than the '6 months' you posted.

Not having pandas.

I wish I was kidding.

A nice story, good lore, and a cool warcraft atmosphere.

1. Good, feasible, worthwhile, and entertaining lore.

2. Fun while playing.

3. Pretty much bring back Wrath of the Lich King and /win.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    In 5.3 I got my mage from a fresh 90 to running ToT lfrs in six days.
    A reply for both of you its all RNG. No matter who you are you could be able to gear up in a single LFR run or run LFR for 9 weeks straight and get only 2-5 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    1. Good, feasible, worthwhile, and entertaining lore.

2. Fun while playing.

3. Pretty much bring back Wrath of the Lich King and /win.
    Pretty much, or at least something along those lines, WOTLK truly is where the game stopped being good.

Cataclysm, literally the cataclysm of WoW; and MoP the diseased fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Pretty much, or at least something along those lines, WOTLK truly is where the game stopped being good.
    Arguably it is all about perspective, for me personally Wotlk was the worst expansion.

Deleted
    Using flying mounts pre max level (Having to level my main all the way to 90 was bad enough...but alts too...?)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't do any repeat lfr runs at all. Do the treasure grab secnario, do your dailys etc on the isle, buy valor gear as needed. Even if it takes you a few weeks to get to ToT level, it's still a lot faster than the '6 months' you posted.
    Now you are either lying , or spent a lot of gold.

You can't get anything good for valor in 6 days.

Treasure grab scenario is once a week and it gives on average 10 charms

ToT LFR is not my goal. ToT LFR is a catch up mechanism too. So in MoP we have catch up mechanisms for catch up mechanisms for catch up mechanisms.

My goal is 500+ ilvl to do normals. ToT LFR takes Mogu Runes not Charms. And drop rates are abysmal.

Oh and legendary quest.

So yeah I was wrong about 6 months - its more like a year.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Arguably it is all about perspective, for me personally Wotlk was the worst expansion.
    Of course there are other opinions, but obviously most people would agree with me considering the numbers;d My favorite expansion remains TBC.

Deleted
    The few 1-boss instances, like onyxia's lair, eye of eternity etc; though I don't really miss it until I can solo stuff (may be able to get elegon's mount?)

I miss the community aspect of WoW. LFR, LFD, CRZ - its all anonymous, with no incentive to relate to people, to bond with them.

I miss a sufficient amount of 5 men with tactics such that we are forced to work together. Its all run in - kill - loot. Only normal/heroic raids require teamwork (and pvp I presume).

I miss challenge in solo-questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss is a decent catch up via justice for new recruits. With the difference in output due to gear this x-pac, a few recruits can make or break a boss kill. <_<
    I also miss a villain I can take seriously. But wow didn't provide that since TBC, so thats ok-ish.

That Warcrafty vibe. The Horde VS Alliance content has been great in MoP, but otherwise... we're in a mysterious land with no connection to us or beings we know from past encounters, fighting enemies that are not our own(arguably the Zandalari is an exception). We went to Outland for Illidan/Kael/Legion/our past, to Northrend for Arthas and the Scourge, to the regions of EK/Kalimdor to fight for our very survival. To Pandaria we went to fight each other, but focused a bit too much on local distractions. It has technically been good quality content, but in this expansion 70-80% of what we've been up to hasn't felt like Warcraft to me, and Warcraft is the precise reason I play this game. This is something I realized in hindsight, I supported Pandaria heavily prior to the expansion's announcement.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    While I don't PvP at all, I'm pretty sure that this is the first time I've seen someone call MoP the best PvP expansion.
    Its honestly so-so.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.