Poll: ???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I don't trust you, so I'm not clicking your links. I will however clarify something you may be confused about:

Pretty much every educated pro-choice person out there bases their decision on sentience in a life-form, and they don't support abortion past the point in fetal development that is indicative of such; the way you've phrased your poll makes it obvious what you're trying to illicit, spare me.
    The link's CSI Miama... -.-

I phrased my poll to be unbiased to see how people would vote... and it's frightening that people would choose over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it amusing that people who don't have a problem with abortion are so horrified by the post-birth idea. Either way, it's killing a living person.
    I can speak for myself when I say I believe in abortion should be either a mutual decision between both mother and father, or mother only should she be alone. Once that child has been born, it's no longer up to anyone to decide if it lives or dies. It's up to the parents to decide whether adoption is the right choice, or taking care of it on their own is the right choice.

There's a big difference in my mind between still in the womb, and out of the womb.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I guess this applies to both of you. It is not the same thing; no sentience, not a *person.*
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist. Are you? If so, I'm illuminati.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist. Are you? If so, I'm illuminati.
    You're.... weird....

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it amusing that people who don't have a problem with abortion are so horrified by the post-birth idea. Either way, it's killing a living person.
    Early enough into the pregnancy the fetus doesn't have plenty of the critical characteristics of a new-born baby that makes it a person, as it were.

There also is the fact that a new-born baby doesn't sap resources off someone else's body to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The link's CSI Miama... -.-
    Yeah, not relinking shit clips.

I phrased my poll to be unbiased to see how people would vote... and it's frightening that people would choose over a month.
    But it still doesn't say a choice of, "I don't mind abortion before birth" - All your choices is just, take command of another beings life - or "No abortion".
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-09 at 06:51 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But it still doesn't say a choice of, "I don't mind abortion before birth" - All your choices is just, take command of another beings life - or "No abortion".
    Options 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (and 9 if you're an elephant) are all "I don't mind abortion before birth".

10+ Year Old Account
    Options 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (and 9 if you're an elephant) are all "I don't mind abortion before birth".
    Well, didn't know that as it wasn't informed enough in my opinion. But still doesn't change the fact of a discussion actually going on about murder ("Post-birth abortion"). No, I'm not the person who sees pre-birth a problem and many my wonder why and so on - but that is just how I generally see the case. But if people start to ponder if they can call murder for "post-birth abortion" then they should really need to talk to someone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    18 weeks, am fine with it in Sweden.

No pregnancies are viable before the 21st week and most are by the 27th, there is no brain function before the 21st week. The in between is a grey area that depends on individual development.

Less than 1% of abortions occur after the 21 week point (worldwide), and those are generally due to medical necessity. This whole argument is pointless and leads down a very problematic path if you take the bait i.e. 'but you're fine with some limits so you clearly don't respect women's bodily autonomy at all so why aren't more limits fine'.

There is no indication that women are having masses of late term abortions, so I'm not sure why this question gets beaten to death aside from the above reason.