Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You replied to someone who wasn't talking in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said. Someone replied to the OP specifically and not in general and someone else quoted that person and responded on it. That is not speaking in general.
    You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, time to back off.

10+ Year Old Account
    You replied to someone who wasn't talking in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said. Someone replied to the OP specifically and not in general and someone else quoted that person and responded on it. That is not speaking in general.
    Its a posting habit, usually to send a broader message to everyone else. Sorry you dislike it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    ^ This

Replying to a specific incident to talk about general situations isn't exactly a groundbreaking innovation in discussions.
    So, because you are wrong I am arguing for the sake of arguing? Okay.

If you want to discuss parenthood then make a new thread because this is about a kid venting and people are giving all kinds of weird advise that is not helping at all.

If you meant specifically in this case then we don't know enough to cast judgement on whether anyone involved should be respected.
    The judgement is easy in this case, his 19...an adult, don't like it move out.
    Or he could act like an adult and actually talk to his mom, see what can be improved, was it just a missunderstanding? Communication is key.

Title: "Are all parents like this?"
    OP: "Now this is just an example of things that happen with my parents (mostly my mother). Are all parents like this?"

Yes, clearly we shouldn't discuss parenthood here...
    Ok, I am wrong. Sorry about that.

Doesn't change a thing about responding to his specific example and then saying you meant to talk in general which that person didn't.

ontopic: Stupid question. Ofcourse not all parents are like that.

p.s. Sounds more like a rant because you are upset instead of starting a "discussion".

Quote Originally Posted by rullarn View Post
    The judgement is easy in this case, his 19...an adult, don't like it move out.
    Or he could act like an adult and actually talk to his mom, see what can be improved, was it just a missunderstanding? Communication is key.
    Moving out at 19 is oh so easy

Quote Originally Posted by HateCD View Post
    Uhm yes. A lot of people do that when they go study somewhere else.

I had no real issue with it.

They had a fight. Moving out because you had a single fight seems silly to me.

If I had a son I wouldn't want him to randomly move out after a fight either. It should be a happy, prepared occasion to leave the nest, not one done in anger.
    I get that.
    But to get so up in arms over the fact that his mother yelled at him over a missunderstanding is a bit dramatic, that's my point :P

....and how do a lot of peopel affd to go study somewhere else?

Kinda missing the point then.
    Moving out doesn't mean your parents suddenly stop supporting you.

Do you really want to argue if it's possible to move out when you are 19? ...because some troll kid replied...

Quote Originally Posted by rullarn View Post
    I had no real issue with it.
    Good thing everyone's lives are exactly the same, eh?

---

Do you really want to argue if it's possible to move out when you are 19? ...because some troll kid replied...
    We're clearly talking about moving out with 0 support..

Quite a busy life you got there as a student. In my time as student if i had the motivation i had a job for like 10-15 hours a week.
    Yes i had to do stuff sometimes for my parents, but thats normal. But i didnt had to 'yard work' or anything big.

Tell your parents to back off or else..

10+ Year Old Account

Well if you are on bad terms with your parent, chances are you wont be getting that support, which means you need to get it from somewhere else. You need to prepare to move out so you don't end up on the street.

Good thing everyone's lives are exactly the same, eh?

---

We're clearly talking about moving out with 0 support..
    Yes, so clearly... I guess you called his parents to ask if they were going to support him if he hypothetically moves out?

Yes, so clearly... I guess you called his parents to ask if they were going to support him if he hypothetically moves out?
    Just noticed you're that sperglord that likes to argue over nothing, I'll just ignore you from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well if you are on bad terms with your parent, chances are you wont be getting that support, which means you need to get it from somewhere else. You need to prepare to move out so you don't end up on the street.
    Some parents are not idiots and will support his decision nonetheless. You are quite selfish as a parent if you stop raising your children once they don't agree with you.

We are really not sure if they would stop supporting him. And even then you are able to live on your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed you're that sperglord that likes to argue over nothing, I'll just ignore you from now on.
    Oke, I'm fine with that.

Yes, all parents are like that.

they have flaws just like all humans have - and this one is called favoritism.
    when you having more than 1 kid , no matter how equaliy your parent 's love is devided according to them, there will allways be the favorite one they will love the most.
    most times its the youngest .
    and that kid will allways benefit compared to the older siblings .
    - if you were punished for not passing tests in school , the favorite one in the same situation will be regarded as "maybe he has a problem and needs proffesional help"
    - if you had a job and help your parents each paycheck to pull your own wieght in the house cause your parents gave you a heavy hint about it at the age of 18, the favarite one even above the age of 18 will still be a leech and sit doing nothing at home waiting for the perfect job with the parents not saying anything and even show pitty for him/her for not having a job and pay for him/her on a lot of stuff.
    - if you had to work in really crap jobs and shitty bosses to get started and your parents said "thats life" , for the favorite one your parents will go "thats not a job for you, better look for somthing that suites you more.."

- you may get constant nagging about "why arnt you getting married " or "you have gain a lot of wieght son" , the favorite one in the same situation can walk freely same wieght as you in the house sleep till 1200 AM and he is 10 years younger than you...

the way i see it , the first born and the 2nd will be the kids that the parents will lay upon for help and support them and the family when they are old , and the younger , favorite one, will always be like a pet for the sole job of just being there to absorb thier love.

one more thing, parents get soft over the years, if you had to go through difficulties when you were a kid without your parents giving you any slack, the favorite one will always have the parents over his shoulder watching him , pittying him , supporting him so he wont have any difficulties at all. and they will allways remember the favorite one as the one who had the worst time growing up among his siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post

when you having more than 1 kid , no matter how equaliy your parent 's love is devided according to them, there will allways be the favorite one they will love the most.
    - if you were punished for not passing tests in school , the favorite one in the same situation will be regarded as "maybe he has a problem and needs proffesional help"
    - if you had a job and help your parents each paycheck to pull your own wieght in the house cause your parents gave you a heavy hint about it at the age of 18, the favarite one even above the age of 18 will still be a leech and sit doing nothing at home waiting for the perfect job with the parents not saying anything and even show pitty for him/her for not having a job and pay for him/her on a lot of stuff.
    - if you had to work in really crap jobs and shitty bosses to get started and your parents said "thats life" , for the favorite one your parents will go "thats not a job for you, better look for somthing that suites you more.."

- you may get constant nagging about "why arnt you getting married " or "you have gain a lot of wieght son" , the favorite one in the same situation can walk freely same wieght as you in the house sleep till 1200 AM and he is 10 years younger than you...

the way i see it , the first born and the 2nd will be the kids that the parents will lay upon for help and support them and the family when they are old , and the younger , favorite one, will always be like a pet for the sole job of just being there to absorb thier love.

one more thing, parents get soft over the years, if you had to go through difficulties when you were a kid without your parents giving you any slack, the favorite one will always have the parents over his shoulder watching him , pittying him , supporting him so he wont have any difficulties at all. and they will allways remember the favorite one as the one who had the worst time growing up among his siblings.
    I'm an only child, guess my mother never got the memo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post

Err, while I agree the older siblings tend to take on the most responsibilities, good parents don't neglect the oldest for love and fun stuff. I am such a daddy's girl despite being the oldest