Frost bite immunity question (heroic)

I was reading around and I saw that pally bubble (bop) and mage ice block can be used to immune the frost bite debuff from even going out. I was wondering if there was anything else that would work ie rogue cloak or vanish, or a hunter's deterrence. Also, does it have to be cast as soon as the blue arrow is over your head or can you do it pre-emptively since latency could play a big role here. For example, you notice that frost bite is 5 seconds away from going out so you ice block and just wait for it, if you are selected.

Deleted
    If you have a rogue just have him throw a smoke bomb on Malak just before the Frostbite is going out, that will auto-negate it.

Apart from that: BoP, Ice Block, Deterrence all work. Cloak (guessing you talk the Symbiosis version since melee don't get Frostbite) won't.

Also: You actually have to use those abilities preemptively. Once you're affected by it you won't get rid of it (except for dying)

AMS also works, I use it on my Boomkin.

And yes, you can do it pre-emptively but if you don't get the arrow it was kind of a waste. As long as your character is immune before the debuff is put on you you're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

deterrence doesn't work to the best of my knowledge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    deterrence doesn't work to the best of my knowledge
    Second that. Our hunter needs to be healed through the debuff all the time q.q

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback!

Does smoke bomb really work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Does smoke bomb really work?
    We use it every week, so without a doubt: yes.

Hunters can camo, and not get targetted by frostbite (or so Ive read). But that will just put it on someone else, which can be good.

Deleted
    If u are solo soaking frostbite hunters should deterrence at the beginning of it since it's 50% less damage taken with glyph, makes healing a lot easier.

Deleted
    Immunities like bubble etc need to be up before the debuff is cast, so as soon as you see the blue arrow. You do need quick reactions.

I'm not aware that bop works though....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Immunities like bubble etc need to be up before the debuff is cast, so as soon as you see the blue arrow. You do need quick reactions.

I'm not aware that bop works though....

BoP works. Use pre-emptively on people with weak self-CDs, and hope they won't get targetted while they have Forbearance or while BoP is on CD. I always get it for the first Frostbite cast ^^

Deleted
    You don't have to BoP preemptively. If ranged without immunitues are not too spread you can just react to the blue arrow and bop that person. Have to be fast though.