Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if only i had a dollar for every shockwave i've "wibble-wobbled".
    do what you feel.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you run behind your target, while hes casting, the spell will be canceld, and as other said, you cannot dodge/parry from behind
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    That sounded logical.

Edit: Won't moving in circles in that situating be a disadvantage since your target can predict were you will move and move the opposite direction?
    Shouldn't you at least move a little randomly?
    Oh yeah, you definitely make the movement appear random. Circle some, strafe some, etc. Hard to explain, but if you do it enough you just kind of know what to do and when to move a certain way. It may look stupid but it will increase your effectiveness by a lot against players.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    There is no easier way to move that the mouse. Hold both buttons to run and move the mouse, any direction you want, instant 360, 180, 720...try it.
    Err.. that changes your facing. Strafing is far superior to this.

If you seriously don't get this, then assume you want to remain facing a warrior you are south of while moving such that you are east of him. You will want to strafe to maintain your facing such that you can continue to dodge and parry.

Literally everyone strafes. It is correct play. Facing is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    as a caster, i wish all melee played like you.
    Erm... Why, what is he downside to movement? assuming you dont suck at mobile dps etc

It's to get as many shots in the back as possible. Did somebody already say that? =p

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    if only i had a dollar for every shockwave i've "wibble-wobbled".
    and dragon's breath!
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Also its usually rogues but they are cowards anyways.
    you base this on what?

Deleted
    Besides giving me something to do while I do my deeps, to get behind casters. It's hard for them to complete a spell when you move behind them all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Err.. that changes your facing. Strafing is far superior to this.

If you seriously don't get this, then assume you want to remain facing a warrior you are south of while moving such that you are east of him. You will want to strafe to maintain your facing such that you can continue to dodge and parry.

Literally everyone strafes. It is correct play. Facing is very important.
    I've read that some pvp pro's only use their mouse for movement, using the movement keys for different macro's that arent for movement.

In my guild we refer to it as "the pvp shuffle" Usually employed by people who are jumping through casters and weaving to around the spell casts. But what's hilarious is all the idiots who do it for no reason, badly, with no point to it. They obviously are mimicking the pvpers but don't know why it's done. Can't tell you how many times I've seen a rogue just strafe left right left right completely behind a boss for no reason, it dodges nothing. Just makes me think you are an idiot doing that really, imitating something from pvp into pve with no reason for it or proper execution.

Had a hunter before that "rp-ed" quite a bit midfight in ICC, he would shoot a bit then leap backwards, shoot, leap to the side, like he was in an action movie. Trouble is he had an aspect on that increased damage when you stood still so..
    Last edited by pocky_rin; 2013-07-12 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManglolSA View Post
    I've read that some pvp pro's only use their mouse for movement, using the movement keys for different macro's that arent for movement.
    That means to kite they have to do the jump-180-action-180 method of kiting mentioned above, I've never seen that done instead of strafing at high rating. You cannot circle around a target using just the mouse - I know people who unbind S and even W, but never unbind strafe.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    imitating something from pvp into pve with no reason for it or proper execution.
    From the player that never ever used the space bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    sort of alarming some of things people are saying in here..people not using strafe at all, wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    you don't get behind someone DURING a stun. you get behind them BEFORE the stun. this way your stun has a lower chance of being avoided. you can stand still AFTER you have used your stun from behind, until your stun finishes. then you continue running behind them so that more of your attacks/abilities land on them.
    jesus chr*st.

9 out of 10 times they are just doing it to taunt you. Most of the time its really just to piss you off as going backa and forth doesn't get you behind any target, but it will get you into thier head and piss them off and cause them to fuck up.

Before I stopped playing I had got away from doing this and just got on to my targets back as I could. It is funny as hell to see something jerking around then whiff a kidney in your face. A good thing to note is if they are moving around and just doing it b/c they have ADHD or some other reason, it makes it really easy for you to get on thier back pretty much whenever you want and you can pretty much juke them anytime you need to also. Soo most of the time this kinda shit wont get you anymore dmg, or less dmg taken. Unless you're doing it correctly(not just moving around random)
    Last edited by Miko; 2013-07-12 at 02:33 PM.

I think people are confusing people strafing to stay on target and those who s key back and forth on you for literally no reason, like say when you are stunned

Deleted
    becouse we think were faster that way

If they're actually running through you, they're trying to disorientate you and get you to fail at landing a cast (great way to pick out the keyboard turners).

If they're not actually running through you but just mashing QEQEQEQE, or ADADADAD if you prefer (signature noob rogue move during stunlock), probably a clicker (possibly a keyboard turner) trying to emulate a mouse turner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    I really dont see the point of running around people, especially against a caster
    I do it especially against casters, can't cast on me when I'm behind you;p
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Lol I thought this was a rogue only thing back in the days, I always thought they were just so used to playing so fast paced they couldn't keep still.