Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Give me my legendary wrathion, so I can slay you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Wrathion becoming a boss looks more likely.

Though I don't like how he lost his temper so easily. He should have left us with a more calm, yet still ominous warning that he'll stop at nothing, instead of getting all pissy.
    He will do nothing to prepare us for the burning legion he said, i actually believe to prepare us he will bring the burning legion to us, giving Kil'Jaeden acces to get to Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Daaamn boi! Y'Shaarj sounds awesome! Just like all the Old Gods <3

And as for Wrathion, I'm a Horde player, but he is right and makes sense to make one big alliance to stand a chance against the upcoming invasion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    He will do nothing to prepare us for the burning legion he said, i actually believe to prepare us he will bring the burning legion to us, giving Kil'Jaeden acces to get to Azeroth.
    Honestly that would be a pretty bad twist. As long as Blizzard stays consistent with his character he could be an amazing boss (though they didn't with Garrosh), and him bringing the Legion to us is not consistent with his character.

I was thinking more along the lines of him possibly using other means to prepare us for the Legion. Possibly using Mogu fleshshaping magic to create an army, or maybe even using the Undead (siding with Sylvanas? plot twist). It really depends on how far he is willing to go to protect Azeroth, and what he considers "protecting Azeroth". I swear to fucking god if he decides, in order to protect Azeroth, that he is going to side with the Old Gods... I'm going to burn Blizzard HQ down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Daaamn boi! Y'Shaarj sounds awesome! Just like all the Old Gods <3
    I disagree, terrible voice, sounds old and very tired.

Yawn!

I mean, if Yshaarj sounds worse than Sha of Anger, then it's not awesome at all, but a letdown.

"Extinguished!" *manical laughter*
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2013-07-09 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    HOLY FUCK THAT WRATHION... We're fucked.
    Wrathion is a bitch. My level 2 priest would beat dat ass.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So Wrathion was a villain all along... shouldn't be suprised, he is a black dragon after all :P

Don't like the idea of Varian choosing the enxt warchief
    He doesn't. He simply allows another to be chosen.

And Wrathion isn't a villain; not to Azeroth, anyways. He wants to see everyone united under a single banner in order to prepare us for what's to come. If that meant eliminating the Alliance or the Horde, then that's what had to be done. His methods are disagreeable and he's got a hubris worthy of Garrosh, but his intentions are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Wrathion becoming a boss looks more likely.

Though I don't like how he lost his temper so easily. He should have left us with a more calm, yet still ominous warning that he'll stop at nothing, instead of getting all pissy.
    Well, keep in mind that he's technically still quite young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Wrathion makes perfect sense, his goal is to prepare the world to have a fighting chance against the coming battle against the Burning Legion. So he sided with the faction that was stable, Alliance, instead of the one that was tearing itself apart in civil war with outcome he can't foresee. He played the best card to save the world, so no fu to Wrathion, he was right to be sceptical of the Horde, the Alliance has a long history of being stable.
    Wrathion might have tried to do that, but what the story makes it, what the pandaren teach, is that one side can't fully win, one side isn't enough to face whatevers to come.

Thats the message here, that both the horde and alliance do survive though all this, and that varian does keep his word. If anything the pandaren taught this outright, because of how despite them fighting against the mantid and the yaungol, they may have fought, but they never aimed to destroy them, simply accept that they are part of the bigger picture, just like the horde and alliance are both part of the major picture.

But wrathion didn't understand this, and just choose sides based on current events and who he thought would win, so, he didn't learn anything of value.
    #boycottchina

I hope that they don't make him a boss.... ¬¬ It's a great character!

10+ Year Old Account

Yawn!

I mean, if Yshaarj sounds worse than Sha of Anger, then it's not awesome at all, but a letdown.

I think Ysaarj's voice is pretty cool. But that's you know. My opinion.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wrathion's pride is starting to show, thinking he's the only hope for Azeroth uniting and defeating the legion.

As for Varian picking, I think it's a good idea. He's more likely to pick someone intelligent than the Horde leaders that would only vie for power.

This pretty much means it's Saurfang, Thrall, or Vol'jin. As Varian would not pick anyone else.
    Wrathion didn't say Varian chose the new Warchief just that he allowed one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'Shaarj Sounds like an old god should omnious and Dark.

10+ Year Old Account

Yawn!

Do you really think the Sha of Anger has a more scary voice then Y'shaarj? disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I hope that they don't make him a boss.... ¬¬ It's a great character!
    you know what I liked about wrathion, how he was the guy with a plan, how he seemed like a character who thought above and beyond the horde and alliance conflict with a bigger plan.. and in a way he did, but his plan ended up being petty and shallow, not learning anything from the pandaren, and acting like a generic black dragon in the end.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that if not us, that "never alone" from Thrall refers to Vol'jin skulking around in the shadows.
    Hopefully Varian turns up at he end in the fight not just in the cutscene.

Love the Y'shaarj voice and lines - very C'thun. The way he says "make them" is great.
    Excited to hear N'yalotha and The Black Forest mentioned again but I don't want to be that guy who mentions the Emerald Nightmare so I'll just leave that there.

It's kind of an unsurprising shame about Wrathion, but it's good to see some true, rawer character shine through to break up the fairly 1 dimensional shady fella he's been since his introduction. He could still make an interesting antagonist at least if they take that route; he could be handled like Illidan should have been.

Nice to hear Saurfang'll be sticking around a while longer.

Thanks a bunch as usual for the videos Silencer.

Yawn!

"Extinguished!" *manical laughter*
    An old god having a voice that sounds old? Unthinkable!
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalinea View Post
    Wrathion didn't say Varian chose the new Warchief just that he allowed one.
    this. Varian just allows the horde to carry on, its the horde that will choose its leader now.

and it will be a warchief, so, Thrall, Saurfang or Vol'jin.
    #boycottchina

What Wrathion ended up saying/doing was completely predictable and obvious. Not sure how anyone is surprised? He was obviously trying to choose between the horde and the alliance and which to take control of the world if you actually read his dialogues. It's also completely obvious for gameplay reasons Blizzard wouldn't let this happen. Its also obvious Garrosh went completely insane leaving him one option. The Alliance. So what could happen? He picks the Alliance then plot armor protects the Horde and it never actually happens. It's the only thing Blizzard could do given the restrictions. They aren't free to just write a good story, it also has to work out in the sense of a two faction MMO. It will never be good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wrathion sided with the alliance... ha.... ha.... fuck him.

Suddenly all my respect for him just drains off.

Really, I thought he was cool acting outside conflict and even manipulating people, but actually saying he wanted the alliance to destroy the horde, and when Varian allows it to survive, he calls him an idiot.... well, kudos to varian, and fu to wrathion.
    He was admittedly sided with the Horde in the beginning until Garrosh embraced the Sha influence and tried to weaponize it. Regardless it seems he hasn't learned shit from the Celestials and we'll have to inevitably kill him too.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2013-07-10 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I don't get why people view Wrathion as a villain? he wanted to unite the world to fight the legion. He just chose a faction to do it, and his plan failed because Varian was way too good of a dude to take over the Horde. I'd be mad too. Doesn't mean he is bad now. He is just worried we're gonna get slaughtered next expansion.