Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    What Wrathion ended up saying/doing was completely predictable and obvious. Not sure how anyone is surprised? He was obviously trying to choose between the horde and the alliance and which to take control of the world if you actually read his dialogues. It's also completely obvious for gameplay reasons Blizzard wouldn't let this happen. Its also obvious Garrosh went completely insane leaving him one option. The Alliance. So what could happen? He picks the Alliance then plot armor protects the Horde and it never actually happens. It's the only thing Blizzard could do given the restrictions. They aren't free to just write a good story, it also has to work out in the sense of a two faction MMO. It will never be good.
    its actually pretty funny when you think.

Wrathion assumed he had the horde and alliance figured out, he assumed in the end, one side would utterly beat the other. But, his planned was shattered, when the alliances own ruler lets the horde survive.

You taste that wrathion? its the bitter taste of irony, you backstabbing little fart.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    I disagree, terrible voice, sounds old and very tired.

Yawn!

I mean, if Yshaarj sounds worse than Sha of Anger, then it's not awesome at all, but a letdown.

"Extinguished!" *manical laughter*
    That's the thing with Old Gods! They don't sound angry and explosive! They are very calm, gazing into your soul! And that shit is way more awesome than yelling.

Y'Shaarj reminds me of C'thun with it's whispers! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    I don't get why people view Wrathion as a villain? he wanted to unite the world to fight the legion. He just chose a faction to do it, and his plan failed because Varian was way too good of a dude to take over the Horde. I'd be mad too. Doesn't mean he is bad now. He is just worried we're gonna get slaughtered next expansion.
    Just saying, a human leading the horde will only fail insanely hard.
    Sorry but you can't think of that the orcs/trolls/taurens/undead/bloodelfs/goblins will actually fight with the alliance?

We got more of a chance that they will assist the alliance when the legions hits, then they will actually do united.
    Horde have their own goals, That's the reason we got 2 factions, that's the reason they will NEVER be able to join togheter as 1 big nation, to much has happened in the past to let that ever happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    He was admittedly sided with the Horde in the beginning until Garrosh embraced the Sha influence and tried to weaponize it. Either way, it seems he hasn't learned shit from the Celestials and we'll have to inevitably kill him too.
    seems so, shame, I thought blizzard was onto something with this character.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its actually pretty funny when you think.

Wrathion assumed he had the horde and alliance figured out, he assumed in the end, one side would utterly beat the other. But, his planned was shattered, when the alliances own ruler lets the horde survive.

You taste that wrathion? its the bitter taste of irony, you backstabbing little fart.
    Be happy that the alliance let you guys even live, we aren't as cruel as the rest of you.
    We came to free the horde, and get rid of Garrosh Hellscream.

We did that, we let you guys do the rest of the clean up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Sorry but you can't think of that the orcs/trolls/taurens/undead/bloodelfs/goblins will actually fight with the alliance?
    thats just where he still doesn't understand the horde and alliance. Its kind of like one of these jealous god types who thinks he knows how humanity works, but then one single human shows them they are not petty, and shuns the gods plan, like loki.

- - - Updated - - -

Be happy that the alliance let you guys even live, we aren't as cruel as the rest of you.
    We came to free the horde, and get rid of Garrosh Hellscream.

We did that, we let you guys do the rest of the clean up.
    No, Varian did that, you (thats you, Gimlix) would have happily seen the horde broken apart. Just as well Varian had the right idea.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    FU wratihion!
    dragonmaw - EU

We got more of a chance that they will assist the alliance when the legions hits, then they will actually do united.
    Horde have their own goals, That's the reason we got 2 factions, that's the reason they will NEVER be able to join togheter as 1 big nation, to much has happened in the past to let that ever happen.
    I know, I never said it would work, it would be madness. I'm talking from Wrathion's perspective. He was sure it was going to happen the way he wanted, and it didn't. So he is pissed. I hope he calms down and tries to help us some other way. It would be a disaster if we had to kill him now, after two expansions building up his character

Love the voice files, and honestly I'm not surprised to see this from Wrathion.

Remember when he was playing that board game with Anduin? Anduin says "The objective is for both players to win." Then Wrathion says "Why would you even play?" I think this was foreshadowing for the conclusion.

As much as I want to strangle the little whelp though, I do like this character revelation.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One Warchief confirmed. Thank.... god. But unfortunately it's gonna end up being Thrall. I don't see Blizzard putting anybody else as Warchief.

Alliance defeats the Horde and lets them live. Surely nothing bad can come from this, right? RIGHT?

Yes I know the Alliance cant actually remove the Horde because its an MMO, but thats what has made this story so lame from the beginning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    I don't get why people view Wrathion as a villain? he wanted to unite the world to fight the legion. He just chose a faction to do it, and his plan failed because Varian was way too good of a dude to take over the Horde. I'd be mad too. Doesn't mean he is bad now. He is just worried we're gonna get slaughtered next expansion.
    He isn't really a villain, not at least. But really, listen to what he is saying.

"I promise you this, I will stop at NOTHING to prepare this world for the battle to come. Next time I will leave nothing to chance. NOTHING!"

If he finds the opportunity to take over the world as a dictator, using people as slaves against the Legion, he would. He has good intentions but he is willing to commit evil to get his results. As long as Blizzard doesn't fuck up and make him side with the Old Gods (Wrathion should realize that Old Gods are as bad as the Legion) and instead makes him find his methods someplace else, he could easily become an amazing villain.

sounds like the bronze flight is already starting to take their first steps towards becoming the infinite flight. good bye, chromie. i'll always lubs you :'(

kinda disappointed with saurfang's lines... oh well though. yhsaarj sounds pretty dope, made mefeel kinda uneasy honestly, but that's due to personal struggles irl right now. i honestly don't think i ever want to listen to the first part of his dialogue again.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Thrall screams, Never Powerless and never alone, i think a massive battleship and war drums will begin.
    Garrosh gets scared and runs downstairs his new underground base, while the battle begins. x)
    THIS would be cool
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    One Warchief confirmed. Thank.... god. But unfortunately it's gonna end up being Thrall. I don't see Blizzard putting anybody else as Warchief.
    As someone else pointed out, Thralls words were short, and we don't yet have Vol'jin's voice file.
    #boycottchina

I'm guessing it will be a new warchief. Granted this is just speculation, but Wrathion says 'another warchief' which would seem to indicate a new one instead of reinstating Thrall. But it's not conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    My guess is that if not us, that "never alone" from Thrall refers to Vol'jin skulking around in the shadows.
    Hopefully Varian turns up at he end in the fight not just in the cutscene.
    Based on what Thrall says before about Wind/Water/etc., it unfortunately seems to be more likely to be a Green Jesus moment where the elements answer his call, especially since in a previous build we found out how Thrall would be unable to call upon the elements beneath Org.

I mean I really hope you're right, and it is Vol'jin or Saurfang or something, but my gut reaction is that we're in for more Thrall saving the day because Metzen has a hard on for him.

The new warchief will most likely be announced in the post raid cutscene, which we probably won't get until 5.4 goes live, so we'll probably be kept in suspense for a good while longer still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats just where he still doesn't understand the horde and alliance. Its kind of like one of these jealous god types who thinks he knows how humanity works, but then one single human shows them they are not petty, and shuns the gods plan, like loki.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Varian did that, you (thats you, Gimlix) would have happily seen the horde broken apart. Just as well Varian had the right idea.
    I would have seen the horde happily broken apart, because the Alliance is the true faction.

I have no clue why the alliance have so much trouble taking down the horde.
    The horde fights with wood, and stone. When the Alliance fight with steel and cannons.

The only race that is near as strong as the alliance, on like structure wise, is the 'True Horde' that Garrosh is leading.

There is a reason that the rest of the horde asked for the Alliance, we are the only one who can actually storm into Orgrimmar and get this dictator out of throne.
    We got a gunship that can take down Thunder bluff, Echo isles and most of the capitals that are, barely guarded at all, what do they have? No guard towers at all.
    We got steam tanks that can just cross the zone of the barrens and take everything out without even having to worry about dying.

Got to see the world as this:

Alliance = IRL Humans
    Horde = IRL Ents.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    That's the thing with Old Gods! They don't sound angry and explosive! They are very calm, gazing into your soul! And that shit is way more awesome than yelling.

Y'Shaarj reminds me of C'thun with it's whispers! <3
    Exactly! Y'Shaarj has a really great voice, I loved it.
    And I think that's exactly what a large portion of the quotes might be, C'Thun-esque whispers to the raid! Like when you get to the underground portion of SoO you start hearing the voice of Y'Shaarj saying you'll fail and die and whatnot, I always thought it was a chilling touch.