Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warthion has his own agenda!? color me UNsurprised, he laid out what he wanted to do from the get go. it should not come as a surprise he goes with the force he bet would take the whole pie. as to the blatant "I'm gonna get chu, my pretties" I kind of don't want him to be another throw away villain down the road. sure he's a bastard, but a bastard I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Actually, Mascotte, a coalition would be more likely with Varian at the helm these days, ironically. Even back when he had split personalities due to an imperfect fusion in the comics, he time and again made it known through word and action that he'd be willing to draft an official alliance with the Horde if that was the best route to take to maintain safety for his people, his son, and the Alliance that rallied behind him in Northrend.

Now that the fusion's been fixed and he's since slid toward Lawful Good with strong classically-heroic behaviors and speeches (note how almost every appearance he's made this expansion has shown him to have matured into a sympathetic, goodhearted man who respects ally and enemy alike, was willing to talk with Lor'themar to secure the blood elves' defection, and doesn't hesitate to congratulate you via letter on forming a coalition with the rebels, since working with them will save Alliance lives in the long run), it stands to reason that after the Siege of Orgrimmar and Garrosh's death, he'll very strongly encourage the next Warchief to agree to another ceasefire so the factions can back themselves away from the brink of the global war we've been building up to, pick themselves up, and (if they heed our warnings from Wrathion) prepare for an invasion. Best way to do that will be to team up, but to do that the rank-and-file will need time to let emotions simmer back down.
    Yeah, this sounds pretty plausible. Sounds a lot like what Varian would do, and Thrall picking the mantle back up would be his way to at least try to atone for the biggest mistake he's made so far. His decision nearly destroyed the entirety of the Horde, only makes sense that he would be the one in charge of putting it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I would have seen the horde happily broken apart, because the Alliance is the true faction.

I have no clue why the alliance have so much trouble taking down the horde.
    The horde fights with wood, and stone. When the Alliance fight with steel and cannons.

The only race that is near as strong as the alliance, on like structure wise, is the 'True Horde' that Garrosh is leading.

There is a reason that the rest of the horde asked for the Alliance, we are the only one who can actually storm into Orgrimmar and get this dictator out of throne.
    We got a gunship that can take down Thunder bluff, Echo isles and most of the capitals that are, barely guarded at all, what do they have? No guard towers at all.
    We got steam tanks that can just cross the zone of the barrens and take everything out without even having to worry about dying.

Got to see the world as this:

Alliance = IRL Humans
    Horde = IRL Ents.
    the orcish military is just as strong as the human military and the horde's infantry is a lot better. a tauren can easily take out 2 or 3 alliance soldiers xD the horde has gunships aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No Vol'jin and no Anduin yet.
    Yeah i forgot to mention old voljin but i still stand by and think all the major plot points will be told in the cinematic that the dataminers wont be able to get there hands on till launch

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I fail to see the big issue with it, not exactly an uncommon tactic
    throw a token force towards the supposed agreement so you can say you have honored it, less trolls die, more alliance die weakening them for the next coming war

a clash of kings or early SoS spoilers hell i think the same plot was in ASoIaF, Bolton threw a token force of his men towards an assault on Tywins forces lead by some other northern lord, they mostly got slaughtered weakening said lords and thus Robb while the Bolton and lannister forces were left mostly intact
    Read the new Voljin book Shadows of the Horde, and you''ll see how your argument is invalid.

Garrosh wanted one united Azeroth and so did Wrathion. So what exactly was the beef between the two?

Second, there is no way Vol'jin becomes a Warchief. They might nominate him and he will refuse. Per the sound files, his army does a pretty bad job and only takes losses. You want that leading the Horde?

I still think the Warchief won't be Thrall, Vol'jin or Saurfang. Still going with the "unexpected".

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No Vol'jin and no Anduin yet.
    Pretty sure Anduin had some files, but they seemed to be on the timeless isle and not SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the orcish military is just as strong as the human military and the horde's infantry is a lot better. a tauren can easily take out 2 or 3 alliance soldiers xD the horde has gunships aswell
    NOBODY, but then NOBODY can defeat the proud Alliance Nation.
    If we had a Garrosh alike leader that wasn't all that aggressive torwards it's own faction then the horde wouldn't even live today.

Compare SW to Echo Isles, Big difference right there. 1 is a great kingdom, Defended by over thousands of soldiers/tanks/guns and 1 is a... Wooden camp?

Also i have seen the gunship of the horde been destroyed like twice now? In Maelstrom i think and in Pandaria.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

well the black forest sounds like a fun place to be......

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Read the new Voljin book Shadows of the Horde, and you''ll see how your argument is invalid.
    I'm quite sure blizzard won't bomb your house if you write down what exactly in the book invalidates my argument ^^
    can even put it i spoiler tags and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Garrosh wanted one united Azeroth and so did Wrathion. So what exactly was the beef between the two?
    Garrosh turned the entire Horde against him through sheer stupidity. That pretty much cemented him as an inadequate leader and an unworthy specimen to lead this great coalition Wrathion wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Pretty sure Anduin had some files, but they seemed to be on the timeless isle and not SoO.
    Yeah but Varian seems to adress Anduin, so maybe they're not finished, much like the Wrathion's files from 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Turning on your own people and pissing everyone on the planet off so bad that people who just months ago were killing each other en masse have banded together with the express purpose of killing you kind of paints you as a fairly awful guy to pick for the leader of the new, unified faction Wrathion wanted.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    NOBODY, but then NOBODY can defeat the proud Alliance Nation.
    If we had a Garrosh alike leader that wasn't all that aggressive torwards it's own faction then the horde wouldn't even live today.

Compare SW to Echo Isles, Big difference right there. 1 is a great kingdom, Defended by over thousands of soldiers/tanks/guns and 1 is a... Wooden camp?

Also i have seen the gunship of the horde been destroyed like twice now? In Maelstrom i think and in Pandaria.
    Not sure if trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeivus View Post
    The Y'Shaarj voice file is rather ominous. He also mentions two things that are also mentioned by the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron: Ny'alotha and the Black Forest.

Curious.
    Is the black forest Tirisfal Glades?
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I'm quite sure blizzard won't bomb your house if you write down what exactly in the book invalidates my argument ^^
    can even put it i spoiler tags and stuff
    Its the whole point of the book. Voljin goes from, "Ahh I'm not a true troll", to "FUCK YAH I'M A TROLL!" If you read it, you get the sense they're setting him up as the new Warchief.
    Last edited by Desareon; 2013-07-10 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Is the black forest Tirisfal Glades?
    doubtful, im betting its under the ocean

"auntie Onyxia" this line made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    The whole point of the book. Voljin comes from, "Ahh I'm not a true troll, to FUCK YAH I'M A TROLL!" If you read it, you get the sense the whole point of the book is is to set him up as the new Warchief.
    and what the fuck has that anything to do with my argument that he is more willing to throw away alliance lives than horde ones O.o
    if anything it supports my line of thinking that he on purpose sacrifices as little trolls as possible towards his agreement with the alliance and let them take the brunt of the casualties

"Black Forest" = Emerald Nightmare?
    WoW without flying is like having Pizza, instead of flying right over it