Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The kid is just an obvious opportunist. If you listen the sound files, it's clear that Wrathion sided with the Horde initially; he thought that Hellscream would have ended the war and "united" the world under the Horde banner, and this shouldn't surprise you, considering how much Wrathion "respected" the Thunder King and his tyrannical leadership, and Garrosh was doing the same.

"Sadly" the Horde itself turned against him in the end, so at that point, Hellscream's victory was compromised, since even if Garrosh would have "won" would have been a pointless victory, if he had to kill Alliance AND Horde members alike in the effort, so it's obvious that for Wrathion the Alliance, that instead of the Horde have a stable situation and didn't have to deal with a civil war, became the "new option" for ensure a world united, this time under the Alliance banner. Wrathion is enraged because Varian didn't do this, Varian "let" the world remain divided. Wrathion pretended that Varian would have done what Garrosh was trying to do, but he didn't, and for this now is an "idiot" for him.

I think is perfectly in line with Wrathion's character, and it's the reason for which I never liked or trusted him.

For a time, I fully agree with the guy above. Seriously, I don't think Wrathion will become a raid boss just because he's pissed by these turn of events, but damn, that pup is irritating. He's basically a pretentious kid (dragons live for thousand of years, that baby is alive by ONE year or little more) that belive to have all the right answers for every matter, excatly like Tong said, "Talk, talk, talk and never listen", in this is not so different by Garrosh at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I loved this so much. Fuck the "troll-meat shield" smart plan.
    i.... dont see how one giant military force is a bad idea when the plan is to defend against a world spanning demon army. the only time the horde and alliance was ever able to stop the legion was when working together, even if they dont end up "under one banner" officially in the end its whats required. i fail to see how that makes wrathion untrustworthy when its the most obvious idea

I don't think Wrathion will ever be a raid boss for us to kill. He's the last black dragon alive that carries Neltharion's lineage and the ONLY one uncorrupted. If you kill him, all the story and quests of saving his egg and interacting with him will be for nothing. I am sure Blizzard will make him one of the pivotal characters in the next expansion.

Like many people said, he's a BLACK dragon, and the way he shifts his allegiances perfectly fit his lineage. But he has good intentions. He wants to protect Azeroth at all costs necessary. It's very much like playing Renegade in Mass Effect. He doesn't care if people get hurt or the Horde or Alliance one of them emerge totally victorious, as long as he achieves his goal.

Of course he is not going be full of wisdom, as he is only a whelp by dragon standards and will act like your standard immature brat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i.... dont see how one giant military force is a bad idea when the plan is to defend against a world spanning demon army. the only time the horde and alliance was ever able to stop the legion was when working together, even if they dont end up "under one banner" officially in the end its whats required. i fail to see how that makes wrathion untrustworthy when its the most obvious idea
    Because Wrathion did everything in his power for literally let one faction be enslaved by the other, because he wanted at all costs a world "united", regardless of the methods, just because he belives that we are fucked if we're not going to deal matters in his enlightened ways.

In fact, at some point, he wanted first the Alliance to be crushed, then when things changed, the Horde to be crushed and forced to become the slaves, like the Thunder King did with all the races of Pandaria; and all of this behind our backs, faking alligiance with our respective faction all the time.
    Nope, Wrathion cannot be trusted at all, because, as the guy says, "his loyalty is on his own", still he have no problems in fooling you in beliving otherwise and play all his great scheme behind your very back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Especially when we don't have Ancients and Dragon Aspects like when Malfurion led NE army like in WotA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Especially when we don't have Ancients and Dragon Aspects like when Malfurion led NE army like in WotA.
    The point is that we don't need to become a "big army" under one banner for unite when the time will need it, this happened so many fucking times in the past without Alliance and Horde becoming a single faction, but obviously Wrathion doesn't have trust or miss some history record.

Tong have so much damn right in his speech, in fact is the constant fighting and animosity between Alliance and Horde that keep these factions strong and grow stronger, so that will be able to defend the world properly when the time is right. What will happen with peace, or even worst, a tyrannical state? That people will grow fat and weak, until, like happened with the Mogu, the slaves will dethrone the tyrant and his rule, bringing the world in utter chaos again and with no chance in the universe to face the Burning Legion.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-10 at 06:04 PM.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I kind of agree with Wrathion. Applying the pandaren's take on balance to two hostile superpowers butchering one another seems silly. Constant war is not healthy and it's not "strengthening" either faction -- it's weakening us all.

It's an inelegant way to justify the game's apparent need for a neverending faction war IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I don't know, I kind of agree with Wrathion. Applying the pandaren's take on balance to two hostile superpowers butchering one another seems silly. Constant war is not healthy and it's not "strengthening" either faction -- it's weakening us all.

It's an inelegant way to justify the game's apparent need for a neverending faction war IMO.
    Wrathion wanted to unite the world throught tyranny, essentially, because was the only way to "unite" Horde and Alliance together. What happened with the Thunder King and the Mogu is excatly there for let us understand that such an approach will be destinied to fail eventually, but the kid didn't pay too much attention about that, he just saw the pandaren slaves overthrowing the mogu as an "unfortunate event", not an obvious, logical consequence.

Horde and Alliance don't need to "butcher" one another, this began to happen only during Garrosh's reign, because aimed to achieve excatly what Wrathion wanted. It's so obvious that the only way for keep people strong is giving them something to fight, from which they gain experience and skill.

Peace is good and dandy, but eventually, after countless years spent in that way, peace make people weak, accustomed to their healthy and nice situation, and when things will suddenly turn very bad, they will be powerless and too weak for defend their world. It's an inevitable consequence.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-10 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Peace is good and dandy, but eventually, after countless years spent in that way, peace make people weak, accustomed to their healthy and nice situation, and when things will suddenly turn very bad, they will be powerless and too weak for defend their world. It's an inevitable consequence.
    Just like Night Elves.

And people still believe that millenia of relaxing made them war-gods...

a small band of rebels.

a united army that has had almost no casualties is stronger than ever and has the backing by a dragon who is in possession of titan technology, and the most powerful mortal mage in the world who wields the power of the thunder king.

pretty sure varian could decimate the horde if he chose to right now

- - - Updated - - -

i know horde players dont like to admit when theyve lost, but the horde has completely fucking lost the pandaren expedition.

this war was a disaster for the horde

- - - Updated - - -

what major victory has the horde had this expansion? they blew up a city... which had almost no people in it. good job blowing up theramore but letting all the soldiers go through a portal and then reclaim it pretty much right after.

the hordes gotten its arse handed to it all expansion.
    I think you mean worse, They turned the entire Kirin tor and blue dragonflight against them in the process. Thats how they got the iris for the bomb you know. Ambushing the blue dragons.

No the horde lost more this expansion then the history of the allaince losses since WoW started combined. Of course none of this is represented ingame so now org construction is finished and stormwind still has a hole in it and no Allaince Dalaran to replace Theramore.

Dem game mechanics

- - - Updated - - -

Also lets be honest if the Allaince could manage to "unite" the horde under their banner do you think they would do it "slave" like? Do you think the reverse could work would Lorthremor and Baine take slaves? Would Vol'jin and Thrall stand for it? In no world would this had happened and that is what is likely represented in the cutscene or some fashion. I can see it now a legion of tauren bowing to their gnome overlord slavemaster.

Now goblins and Sylvanas might do the slave approach. Fortunatley the goblins are limited mostly as mechanics and engineers not generals,

As for Sylvanas she is kept in check by most of the horde leaders slapping her hand telling her to stop it.

I wonder though will the undercity be populated with Deathguards or abombs post patch or will the keep the Kor Kron after they have been decimated?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-10 at 04:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamamee60 View Post
    I love the voice of Yshaarj. Also I was not expecting that anger from Wrathion.
    I love it too. It's got a Hellraiser Pinhead creepiness to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion is such a prick, how has anyone put up with his BS for so long?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Just like Night Elves.

And people still believe that millenia of relaxing made them war-gods...
    Well, to be honest, this is the very reason for which the scenario in 5.1 wasn't so absurd. Varian had to do with orcs for his entire short life. He have a solid experience with them.

Tyrande? Yeah she lived millenia, but doing what? After the War of the Ancients and before WC3 she never faced a true war, never lead her people in such a thing, and she doesn't have any kind of true experience in fighting orcs apart Ashenvale, compared to Varian, that instead learned that dealing with Garrosh and his Horde in an open face-off attitude without a bit of pondering was a bad idea, considering all the shit happened with Theramore in Tides of War.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-10 at 06:26 PM.

Wrathion saw the vision of the future and as he stated before, divided we can not survive it. So what's the fastest way to unite people in one nation? Have one side win and rule the losers.

Duh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    We know Old Gods can regenerate, so I think when Garrosh used the Vale to power up the Heart, he started the regeneration process again.
    So thats why the vale is all sha touchey?

Anywhere you can read about this and/or backstory?

Deleted
    So... Saurfang is a Pandaren? Judging from his voice.

Deleted
    But where is new sound files by Jason Hayes, the vanilla wow lead composer?!

They should execute Vol'jin for not securing the docks for the Alliance. Traitorous troll

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    that just makes him even more of an arse then, for only choosing the side who he thinks is going to win, and then bitches about they don't.

He views both sides as equal....his only motivation was to be on the winning side no matter what side it was. He wants to unite both horde and ally and he didnt care which one came out on top. He wants a unified azeroth to face the Burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    They should execute Vol'jin for not securing the docks for the Alliance. Traitorous troll
    I see no problem for alliance there, only one SI7 ship flying above the Orgrimmar. They were prepared, if horde rebels failed

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I see no problem for alliance there, only one SI7 ship flying above the Orgrimmar. They were prepared, if horde rebels failed
    Devs on Alliance in 5.3: 'It's espionage! You get to work behind enemy lines, to prepare the Durotar and Bladefist Bay for the Alliance's landing, while ensuring as little casualties for the Alliance as possible.

5.4: 'Troll's couldn't hold Bladefist Bay'.

Not a problem for the Alliance as much a problem for us, the players, who technically achieved nothing and were 100% worthless for 5.3.