Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd assume they'll change a bit more before Live either way but a nice improvement in terms of speed (if it shall stay this way that is)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, they look like freaking ghosts! they are soo awesome!

Now gief castable mind spike on the move.

I personally think having MSpi on the move would alleviate the movement issues of the spec, without making it seem powered (i.e less dps while moving due to no dots, but you are able to maintain some level of dps while moving)

In order to fix shadow's single target capabilities they should just allow MB cd to be reduced by haste. Or maybe increase the damage of MB by 25% but add it in the form of a dot, smiliar to Grimore of Sacrifices' affect on Chaos Bolt. That way that damage would benefit from mastery, and not cause too much burst.

My only beef with MS while moving is that there would be a number of times where I straight up could not use it because I have a Unerring proc of dots up or something. They need to make MS not remove dots - I realize this could be OP for PvP but it's high time they relented and made PvE/PvP separate moves for same abilities. MS removes dots in Arenas/BGs/RBGs. Is it not that simple? Aren't there other spells that act differently in different situations?

My only beef with MS while moving is that there would be a number of times where I straight up could not use it because I have a Unerring proc of dots up or something. They need to make MS not remove dots - I realize this could be OP for PvP but it's high time they relented and made PvE/PvP separate moves for same abilities. MS removes dots in Arenas/BGs/RBGs. Is it not that simple? Aren't there other spells that act differently in different situations?
    They do but it's something they usually only come to as a last resort. A dot clearer is useful in a way, lets say in progression, you are dpsing the boss and all your stars allign. You now have your heaviest hitting dots rolling on the target. Now the boss has a transition phase, and if pushed too early, would wipe the raid. Here is a key use of mind spike.

They could allow you to channel MF while moving at a loss of the slow, but then that would make insanity more manditory than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Those could be a bit darker...
    No. They're fine the way they are.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Yeah, I already mistake my SA's for myself sometimes at max zoom when I'm moving around

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been reading the US forums this whole afthernoon and I keep seeing more and more people saying the same thing: SOMETHING NEEDS TO HAPPEN!
    They are talking about mobility mostly, but also against melee.

Is there any news or maybe a tweet they will give us some love? I dont think they will tho but I am trying so hard to stay positive!

15+ Year Old Account
    Love the look of the new SA (T6 was a great choice for them)
    Comes up as your dmg too so it's a bit more skada/recount friendly, and best bit of all they can path from anywhere too

Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-07-11 at 07:55 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    I must say i was pretty sceptic for new SAs but after 10min at ptr i must say - IT'S MOST FUCKING BADASS THING IN THIS EXPANSION! lol, really besides MF:I its most freaking amazing change in this expack O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Then they should be renamed 'glowing apparitions'.

So, we're going to complain about the nomenclature of a spell which has been broken since its inception after it finally gets fixed? Okay.

Is there no longer a cap on them?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    So, we're going to complain about the nomenclature of a spell which has been broken since its inception after it finally gets fixed?
    If you go back to Cataclysm Beta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Y97J7Jg2s - The first implementations used projectiles, but when you want to copy the priest visual, you have to use guardians. Just took them 3 years to go for mechanics > visual instead visual > mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    Is there no longer a cap on them?
    Nope. I hope they dont nerf it >.>

Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    Nope. I hope they dont nerf it >.>
    How I pine for the early days of ICC where our best AoE DPS was to spam SWP and run around the trash in circles spawning a whole army of apparitions.

/nostalgia

- - - Updated - - -

So, we're going to complain about the nomenclature of a spell which has been broken since its inception after it finally gets fixed? Okay.
    Darker than Black! Nice avatar

OT:

I'm super excited for not having a cap on Apparitions. Have they stated that they intentionally removed it, or is it just an observation on the PTR?

I wonder if the cap was a technical limitation or something with them not being considered projectiles.

No, we are discussing the change and the new visuals.
    Fixing the mechanic is no reason not to do a good job on the visuals as well. This is no one-man job.
    And those visuals are a bit off for the name of the spell. Something that is supposed to be 'shadowy' shouldn glow in the dark like a blue latern.

Looks way better than the current model.

And those visuals are a bit off for the name of the spell. Something that is supposed to be 'shadowy' shouldn glow in the dark like a blue latern.
    Why shouldn't it?
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Looks way better than the current model.

Why shouldn't it?
    I imagine because shadows typically aren't blue lanterns...

That being said, this looks 100x better than what we have now - I might actually notice them proccing and not mistake them for myself.

Is the image for the apparitions static, or is it still a clone of our current gear?

Awesome change but I really hope they get a darker color.
    Hi Sephurik