Last ditch effort

Got a group of IRL friends we raid with 1-2 nights a week and we're finally on Lie Shen. We're hoping to get 1-2 heroics down before 5.4 drops but as our gear has improved the difference in skill level is becoming more and more apparent. Specifically one of our Warlocks is doing pretty poor DPS and it's to the point where we are considering replacing him if it doesn't improve.

Before we do that I was hoping someone could take a quick look and see if it's at all fixable or if it's just alot of time and practice he needs?

Here are our most recent logs (The warlock i'm referring to is Deadlock)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

Thanks to anyone able to offer some advice

I'm no expert at analyzing logs or warlock DPS so I can't really comment on the specifics, but the big thing that strikes out to me is his active time. It's quite common for players that aren't very comfortable with their roll to only do one of the two - Survive or DPS. We've had it a few times in the past where someone would join, they would literally only dps whenever they were safe to do so but the moment something hostile came in the way they keyboard turned to safety (If he's keyboard turning that may be a big reason why his dps suffers on its own).

Try to watch what they're doing in the raid and analyze how much they actually stop dpsing whenever they have to move - If there's something to hit you should always be hitting it unless there's a good reason not to. Try to see how long it takes him to react to things, see how long it takes him to respond to calls on vent to do certain things etc. If it's because he's literally keyboard turning and it just takes him forever to move his mouse across the screen to click stuff, then he's probably not going to recover from it (I say that as an officer with experience with similar trials). If it's just his rotation or whatever (which I can't comment on) then i'm sure there's hope for him yet. Though not knowing your rotation perfectly usually doesn't make that big an impact on your dps, it really mostly is how well you spend your time.

Deleted
    I am not the best @looking through logs, neither the best destro lock - But I will try my best.

Deadlockk don't have legendary meta, Gras do.

Looking through your logs, both your Locks didn't use Havoc properly. Only 1 was fired, from Gras. On normal, you should be able to get several in p1, and a fair share in p2, provided you don't kill Suen to fast (but with your dps, they should have alot).

Gras didn't use all the Dark Souls he could (Missed 1). Deadlockk missed 2 lifebloods.
    None of the 2 locks did pre pot and/or pot.
    Also seems like Deadlockk just aquired 2 pc, which should help him abit (Gras had it alrdy).

Both could work on their RoF uptime.

Gras seems to get off alot more Incinerates off. This is where hes dmg is coming from on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the issue of dropping a RL for progress what stands out to me are these things:

1) YOU HAVE ANOTHER LOCK. You might want to have them talk since they seems to both be playing Destro and they're close in ilevel. Seriously, have Deadlockk talk to the other lock in your actual raid. I'm a little blown away here.

2) Deadlockk has a few reforging issues (17.8% hit, 15 is ideal) but just look at the use of Incinerate for each... Deadlockk has 431, your other lock 632 (this is from the first log, all encounters). This just points to active time and not casting all the time. Try to figure out why. He has KJC, so he can move and cast... what's up with not casting as much as Grasmotgus.

In general, do basic log stuff - look at the use of abilities that hit hard and are on short CDs. Look at active time. Look at dot uptime. Account for things like having to kite orbs on Jin or do nest duty on Ji Kun, but you want a) to always be casting and b) to be maintaining high dot uptime and c) to use hard hitting abilities on CD.