Log-in issues (7/9) - Authentication maintenance

Hi all, just dropping in to let you know that more than a few players have reported experiencing errors when attempting to log into either their Blizzard games or Battle.net accounts. This is likely due to the maintenance that is currently being performed - however this is not affecting everyone, which is what is causing some confusion.

If you encounter any errors when trying to get into the game, please know that this is currently being addressed (The errors will likely be either #73 or #113).

If you're one of those affected, thank you for your patience in the meanwhile I will also update the thread as soon as this has been resolved.

Update (6p PDT): Although we're making progress here - there are still reports that some players are experiencing issues with logging into the game/Battle.net account. If you are still affected by the Error 113 issue, you may want to try releasing/renewing the IP in the meantime.

Cheers,
    /Araxom
    Blizzard CS
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-07-10 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is very handy to know, i bet that loads of people will appreciate this little announcement, MMO-Champion had loads of Log in issues threads today.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not getting any of the numbered errors but I am unable to log in my battle.net account and just keep getting "An error has occurred. Please try again" on the forums. Was looking around for some sort of post about it on other sites.

I even derped and tried to submit a ticket on battle.net and about halfway through realized "How do I submit a ticket when I can't log in..."

By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armours hollow on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkis View Post
    I'm not getting any of the numbered errors but I am unable to log in my battle.net account and just keep getting "An error has occurred. Please try again" on the forums. Was looking around for some sort of post about it on other sites.

I even derped and tried to submit a ticket on battle.net and about halfway through realized "How do I submit a ticket when I can't log in..."
    Yeah, we're getting a lot of calls about it at the moment. The general feeling I get is that it's not something that's going to be a longstanding issue - as ever, as soon as I get more information I'll be sure to post it. Thanks for hanging in there and sorry for the inconvenience!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix it!

* bursts out crying as he futilely keeps clicking "Log In"

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Fix it!

* bursts out crying as he futilely keeps clicking "Log In"
    That's for locking all those people out of these forums. 21k posts just for infractions, tsk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I can log in on the forums now so that issue is fixed for me at least.

However, I still can't get past the loading screen after character selection in game. Gets about an eighth of the way through and then just stays there.

By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armours hollow on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkis View Post
    Well I can log in on the forums now so that issue is fixed for me at least.

However, I still can't get past the loading screen after character selection in game. Gets about an eighth of the way through and then just stays there.
    Hi Brakkis - thanks for hanging in there in the meantime, we're still not out of the woods yet. I'll continue to update the thread as soon as I have more info. Once I hear that the issues have been resolved on our side, then we'll go from there.

Update: More reports are coming in that players are able to submit the tickets and enter the game/account - if you still can't log in, please give us a shout through the phones, our queues are just about empty.

USA/Canada 1-800-592-5499 10:00 AM — 6:00 PM Pacific

United Kingdom 0800 0288246 10:30 AM — 6:30 PM GMT

P.S. I'm still going to keep watch on the thread here to make sure that no further issues arise.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-07-09 at 10:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just stopping in to update that I am still looking at this screen

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7328/ahdp.jpg

I'm mostly updating out of boredom. I would very much like to be doing my (albeit tedious) mount farming runs.

Brakkis, let me have you log out of the game and then try to delete the Battle.net files. I'll be here for another hour and a half tonight, please let me know if these steps helped out! Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    No luck. Still can't get past the dreaded loading screen. I've tried loading characters on each continent, and even the poor DK of mine over in Outlands (I hatechoo Hellfire Peninsula, you bore me so much). Same point in the loading bar, it always stops. After a few seconds the program becomes "Not Responding" and that's it.