Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    I wish I could upvote on MMO-C.
    My first thought at Pyro's post too XD

I personally like this glyph, and it also didn't take all that much time to make (I'd assume). Simple new glyph that changes a model already in the game.

Also, the model in the OP (if that's what it is), is that one of the LK model elementals? I don't even remember anymore XD
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm pretty happy about this, despite this being the only mage change this build. Wish some people would just stop whining over every little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    I'm pretty happy about this, despite this being the only mage change this build. Wish some people would just stop whining over every little thing.
    Me agreeing there haven't been many Mage changes this build, there were a few though:

- DBlink glyph (lol)
    - Other cosmetic/small glyphs/changes
    - Temporal Shield grants 15% damage reduction for 4s (by far the best change)
    - Tooltip changes
    - Frost PvP becoming nothing but CC now (and HOPEFULLY paving the way for removing debuff stacks and fixing all PvE problems)

Regardless, I have wanted this glyph for awhile now, and I don't care who doesn't like it or who originally wanted it first or whoever is retarded enough to think this took more than 5-10m of a single person's time to create (it's NOT pulling time away from important issues, hurp durp)
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Also, the model in the OP (if that's what it is), is that one of the LK model elementals? I don't even remember anymore XD
    Pretty sure it's the model from DS. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Pretty sure it's the model from DS. I could be wrong though.
    And DS takes place in Dragonblight, which is on Northrend which was the continent of Lich King.

Therefore, Lich King model

Edit: It's not. Below is the LK model.

Edit2: Oh it's the Cataclysm model. This Fire Elemental even has the same name (UNBOUND Fire Elemental), and as we know, Cataclysm sucked, but it had one really good thing: Elemental models.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-07-10 at 08:01 PM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's the Cata model without the bindings. Not my favourite, but definitely not the worst they could have picked. This is Frostilicus, for those who want to use the 3d viewer on websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yeah, it's the Cata model without the bindings. Not my favourite, but definitely not the worst they could have picked. This is Frostilicus, for those who want to use the 3d viewer on websites.
    The head reminds me of T10 (ICC) Rogue if they had a blue variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit, yeah. I like the thing quite a bit. Here's hoping they get around to enabling them next PTR patch.

A bit, yeah. I like the thing quite a bit. Here's hoping they get around to enabling them next PTR patch.
    *Nods*

Also something I just noticed while killing Al'Tabim with a Shaman... Their primal fire elementals look the same, BUT they have the "Firelands Energy Sword" (as in the sword from Halo) on their back... Maybe we'll get some interesting crest variation on our Wellies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Also something I just noticed while killing Al'Tabim with a Shaman... Their primal fire elementals look the same, BUT they have the "Firelands Energy Sword" (as in the sword from Halo) on their back... Maybe we'll get some interesting crest variation on our Wellies.
    True, and their earth eles have the weird ring. I can't recall if that's the standard garb for the bound Cata elementals or if that's a specific to firelands thing.

True, and their earth eles have the weird ring. I can't recall if that's the standard garb for the bound Cata elementals or if that's a specific to firelands thing.
    The Fire Elemental I posted didn't, yet Shamans don't draw their power from Firelands, so it's neither...?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there were upgraded Elementals near each of the elemental planes, but the basic elementals became Unbound with Cata. I think you can find the super cool ones around in Twilight Highlands in the zone around...w/e the raid in that zone was called.

In any case, ever since Blizz added new elementals to the game, Mages have been asking them to give us that form for our Welly. Now that they have...people complain. I hate modding sometimes, so I'm sure Blizzard must hate having to code for us.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I maintain Blizzard should design the game how they want it to be without player feedback.

Only use feedback for bug fixes. Too many view this as a democracy.

When frost is weak and awful, I still play frost-- even if it's an offspec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure there are many other mage problems that need to be issued e.g the level 90 talents but more cosmetic changes especially changing the water elemental appearance looks like it's gonna be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    If anyone, AND I FREAKING MEAN ANYONE, mentions Lhivera in this thread, I will straight up lock it and send you a nice recorded PM of how pissed I am with you.

You have been warned.
    LMAO Swizzle I am so tempted to see the PM

It's the frost elemental from the trash in Bastion of Twilight. I believe its before the air, fire, ice, and lightning bosses. You know, by the giant staircase.

Quote Originally Posted by crysie View Post
    It's the frost elemental from the trash in Bastion of Twilight. I believe its before the air, fire, ice, and lightning bosses. You know, by the giant staircase.
    Except without the metal armour. Bound ones have the Twilight metal cage thing.

If anyone, AND I FREAKING MEAN ANYONE, mentions Lhivera in this thread, I will straight up lock it and send you a nice recorded PM of how pissed I am with you.

You have been warned.
    What on earth is a Lhivera?

OT: Finally! The old elemental was well.. old. I freakin' love the unbound ones. Although they look more frost/ice than water..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new elementals were introduced in WotLK, the Mage Water Elemental was introduced in the talent patch just prior to TBC launching.
    My bad, I thought you were referring to the Water Elemental, not the new elemental models.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    LMAO Swizzle I am so tempted to see the PM
    Kinda same.

Not worth being suspended for the 6th time though >_>;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    What on earth is a Lhivera?
    Enjoy the suspension and tell us all about the PM

(If you legit don't know, Lhivera is our Mage "MVP" on the official forums, and that's all I'm going to say to avoid not getting bitchsmacked by an angry cupcake...)

Wish they'd let us name our Water Elementals again. I miss poor Waterloo.