Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having done green fire, I let out a guffaw at anyone who says a solo encounter is too hard. /guffaw
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Fuck this quest.

Sure, flame me, call me a nub, whatever. I've been working on the quest for the past 3 hours, and I constantly die sub 25%. I'm doing the tank one, as a 510+ prot paladin, and it's just infuriating.
    Its by far the easiest quest, try doing the melee one if you wanna feel better lol.
    Never once heard of the issues your talking about and majority of the people i know choose tank over melee, doing it in dps gear.
    Even standing in it shouldn't kill you, your a paladin ffs.... 100% l2p issue, not quest issue.

I seriously hope they wont nerf the quests, will prevent every lfr hero to have a legendary, great if you ask me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    So, what's the tank challenge exactly ?
    kind of what you'd expect. Wrathion's fears manifest into a humanoid Deathwing which assaults him. You need to keep Deathwing's attention away from his son and defeat him before Wrathion succumbs to the damage, both from AOE and focussed attacks.

OP; Dont forget to get a Celestial Coin thingamajigger from the August Celestials quartermaster. Every lil bit helps.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

oneshot tank challenge, read up 2minutes beforehand... maybe you should swap some talents or glyphs around mejt, it's supereasy

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I seriously hope they wont nerf the quests, will prevent every lfr hero to have a legendary, great if you ask me
    I guess I am a LFR hero? Because I only do LFR? Did the challenge no probs at all. Took a little longer due to only having LFR gear, but I completed it!

So please shush about LFR heros and such.

Deleted
    Fuck this quest.

Sure, flame me, call me a nub, whatever. I've been working on the quest for the past 3 hours, and I constantly die sub 25%. I'm doing the tank one, as a 510+ prot paladin, and it's just infuriating. Whatever the ability is that does that frontal aoe never seems to actually go where the ground effects say. I can be 10 yards behind him, out of it, and still get hit. The last attempt I did was a 15% wipe. I was doing everything perfectly and got hit for 200k by that aoe and that was that. I don't have a problem with quests being hard, (Although I'm sure some of you will be all LOLOLOLEZMODEURBAD) I really enjoyed the legendary dagger questline in Cata and I felt like it made me improve as a rogue, and most of the time if I screwed up there it was frustrating but I could see that it was my fault. Here, I feel like I'm failing through really no fault of my own. I've tried adjusting my graphic settings, no dice. My ms is constantly under 100, and I'm well out of the zone before the damage lands and his cast ends.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sibut/advanced if you have any suggestions or want to make fun of me.
    If ur exalted with august celestials, go get the offer coin from the Quartermaster and keep it in your bags (free 10% stamina at niuzao temple).

non-raiding casuals shouldn't have the Cloak.

I only know about the Tank and Ranged DD challenges, and they where both way too easy for such a reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I guess I am a LFR hero? Because I only do LFR? Did the challenge no probs at all. Took a little longer due to only having LFR gear, but I completed it!

Since i didnt qoute you, or talk to you directly. One can only assume i came bit close to the truth and you got butthurt.
    On the other hand i responded to OP, who admitted to buying CM boosts, lfr hero in my eyes.(Its enforced by him never stepped foot in normals.........)
    And im happy if him and others like him dont get an even easier legendary, the quests are a huge joke for such a reward.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-10 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    If ur exalted with august celestials, go get the offer coin from the Quartermaster and keep it in your bags (free 10% stamina at niuzao temple).
    Or in your bank! Still works.
    Not sure about Void Storage, but keeping it banked definitely works.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I'm doing the tank one, as a 510+ prot paladin, and it's just infuriating.
    I did it while playing at work on lowest possible quality with wow running in the virtual machine that keeps on loosing mouse focus from time to time (on my kill I lost control of the char 3 times) in about 2h of tries and errors.. Never used shadopan companion, did it alone.
    And I liked it. When you learn how it actually works, what to interrupt, when to run away - it's so easy :?
    If you're a semi-capable tank there's no reason to fail on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What would actually be helpful is if people offered advice, not "I dunno I did it while masturbating to photos of my ex and it was really easy."

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

Funny how anytime someone mentions LFR i can expect the same 3-4 posters to rush to its defense.

On the other hand i responded to OP, who admitted to buying CM boosts, lfr hero in my eyes.(Its enforced by him never stepped foot in normals.........)
    I'm amused by all the people that didn't even bother to read my op. It wasn't the difficulty of the encounter, it was the bug. (Or maybe poorly implemented animations) I like how I bought a challenge mode carry, and that completely defines me as a player. Nevermind the fact that it's next to impossible to put together any serious runs on my server, and most of my friends don't even play anymore. If you'd bothered to actually look at my achievements you'd see that I've cleared plenty of raid content back when it was relevant, when I used to actually raid seriously. But I guess it's just easier to make uninformed, trolling statements while hiding behind a username with no armory, huh?

Thanks again to everyone who contributed positively to the thread, hopefully people who are struggling with it will gain some knowledge from it. Using a Shado-pan companion (if tank challenge) and one of the August Celestial coins are really useful, so thanks to those who contributed that as well.

I'm amused by all the people that didn't even bother to read my op. It wasn't the difficulty of the encounter, it was the bug. (Or maybe poorly implemented animations) I like how I bought a challenge mode carry, and that completely defines me as a player. Nevermind the fact that it's next to impossible to put together any serious runs on my server, and most of my friends don't even play anymore. If you'd bothered to actually look at my achievements you'd see that I've cleared plenty of raid content back when it was relevant, when I used to actually raid seriously. But I guess it's just easier to make uninformed, trolling statements while hiding behind a username with no armory, huh?

Thanks again to everyone who contributed positively to the thread, hopefully people who are struggling with it will gain some knowledge from it. Using a Shado-pan companion (if tank challenge) and one of the August Celestial coins are really useful, so thanks to those who contributed that as well.
    Please don't come with excuses about your server being dead or whatever when challenge modes are doable xrealm and there's been literally 20 capped threads filled with people trying to do them on the official forums not counting openraid and such. You can easily put groups together, but it takes time and efforts to learn the strats and iron out the group until you got 5 motivated and decently skilled people.

Why bother when you can throw 200$ and get a group that will be done in 2 hours. (I know people that carried you, i have done numerous carry runs with them when they can't do double ones and i'm pretty good friend with Lifebloom, ). That defines you as a player yeah, because i don't know anyone taking pride in his gaming abilities that would ever do that, so saying something like that in a thread where you complain about the difficulty of something is bound to get some venom your way.

At this point personally i don't care, we live in a world where all that matters is money anyway and it allows gamers like me to make ends meet a bit easier in the end.

Its cool that you got the quest done .
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-10 at 06:39 PM.

I got to have 'fun' on the ranged DPS one. The quest bugged out for me and I had to fight my own Wrathion AND somebody else's at the same time! That was a blast. Still did it, but that was fun.

And im happy if him and others like him dont get an even easier legendary, the quests are a huge joke for such a reward.
    Because months of dedication isn't enough. I guess a legendary just dropping is a much better way to obtain it

I'm ripping my hair out on as Enhancement.

I don't have enough AoE that ramps up fast enough to kill either the bloods or the images. If I can get to the images I'm almost having success but then the bloods come in. AoE is the key to all this and my spec is throughly screwed in that department. Beating up on Wrath, avoiding the cleave, interupting I can handle all that. Hell maybe if it was just 4 each time of the adds and not the variable amount I might be getting to the Images phase more frequently. But it's just too much at this gear level. I'm 513 iLevel, very on target for a player earning this cloak. I'm a good player - I just don't see how with my class/spec it's done.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's strange that you're having issues. I had problems with the melee dps challenge because the oozes ripped me a new one. I one shotted the tank one though, and I ate a lot more damage than I probably should have. o.O /shrug
    I am a filthy casual!

I did the range dps it took me like 10 wipes. The adds were killing me, and I was getting damage from aoe eventhough I wasn't standing on it. What finally worked for me when adds spawn, run out to the balcony, after I used invisibility dropped all aggro. Also use overgrown lilypad helps with heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Funny how anytime someone mentions LFR i can expect the same 3-4 posters to rush to its defense.
    Well I could say the same about the same people that constantly hate on it

Thing is I will defend it because some people are trying to take away part of the game that I find fun, where as you don't see me coming on here asking for normals or heroics or any of your content to be removed.