Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    the dps one as a mage was utter joke, mirror images, move behind, pop cd's + timewarp, combust for a billion. Boss dead, gg.

Currently my one of my alts isn't as far along the quest line to do this

Deleted
    i did this earlier on my disc priest. took me a dozen attempts to get him down, as i just couldnt figure out how to keep him healed up & help kill the boss.
    in the end i just healed wrathion & myself & just kept dotting the boss & casting the occasional penance.
    the adds were killed by casting divine star & mind sear.
    seemed to work for me.

Did it first try on the melee one, just gotta keep calm and not lose your cool on it. Stick with it dude you will get it. It wouldnt be legendary if everyone could do it super easily.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Well, they were able to tailor Kanrethad perfectly to the skillset of warlocks. With Wrathion they had to take the lowest common denominator of abilities every class can deal with.
    You are correct. It was just a bit of a jarring jump down from Kanrethad to Wrathion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    It is sort of the legendary questline... not everything should be fall-over easy.

I one-shot the ranged DPS challenge... but I vastly overgear it. It's pretty standard don't stand in things though... haven't had the chance to try the tank one. Monk is ages behind in the questline.
    People need to stop bitching about this legendary cloak being a welfare legendary. Most of my casual friends havent even gotten past the pvp portion, and if you are in LFR gear you are not going to beat this until well into 5.4 lfr gear. This means the raiders have an advantage over the LFR crowd when it comes to the legendary. While a lot of people will have this cloak by the end of 5.4 its not like a lot of people will have it on their alts and chances are they will get the cloak at the ass end of mop and it will essentially only be useful for a few months as opposed to the raiders who have the gear to beat the challenge and will have it when they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Most of my casual friends havent even gotten past the pvp portion,
    I would say that's more of just not caring about it to begin with.

Anyways people just need to slow down and play less aggressively. I tried to just zerg it twice, hit a wall with it, then played defensively. Took a bit slower, but was practically guaranteed then.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People need to stop bitching about this legendary cloak being a welfare legendary. Most of my casual friends havent even gotten past the pvp portion, and if you are in LFR gear you are not going to beat this until well into 5.4 lfr gear. This means the raiders have an advantage over the LFR crowd when it comes to the legendary. While a lot of people will have this cloak by the end of 5.4 its not like a lot of people will have it on their alts and chances are they will get the cloak at the ass end of mop and it will essentially only be useful for a few months as opposed to the raiders who have the gear to beat the challenge and will have it when they need it.
    Would those "casuals" have gotten Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, or Fangs of the Father while those legendaries were current?

I did the DPS challenge as a Monk... damn, over and over and over...

I only won because of a lucky strings of crits and cooldown popping. Right when I was about to give up, too.