OK, I have mentioned before that I GM an alliance guild and a Horde guild on the same server.... Lots of my guild mates are in both guilds. And many have been in both guilds since inception, so there is a ton of long term relationships, some going back 5 years. I also happen to be 51 years old, and I think that my age makes the younger crowd feel like they can open up to me about stuff.... stuff that I probably should not know.... I wonder how much of this you know as a GM of your guild?
1. I am told of marital issues, including child support and custody cases.
2. I hear stories of people playing WoW who have to scrape together money to play ( Not a judgment, but don't know why they tell me they don't have money )
3. I know medical details of many members, including two that have told me they are bi - polar, and one who has incurable cancer.
I do not allow sexual talk in main guild chat, as we are family friendly, but in private chat I have heard:
4. Last night I was talking to this woman, and yes, she is definitely a woman, and I mentioned that my hair was grey. She said she didn't have any grey hair and hoped she never would. I said I wish I didn't have any either, but that my "goatee looks better grey, than brown". To which she replied "my goatee looks better shaved.... once a week"!
5. Also, I used to have a guy and his wife in my guild... they live 5 states away from me.... I was friendly with the guy, but the woman was my WoW BFF. We flirted like crazy, and the husband didn't mind at all that I flirted with his wife... When she was online, and drinking tequilla, she would say the craziest things....... Like one day she whispered me " I really love anal sex." LOL.... WTH????? Even with all the flirting, we had never gone THAT far before... Anyway, it turned out that I was going on vacation in her state, so we made a plan to meet..... but the only time we could meet was when she was at work.... So, trying to be funny, I brought her a bottle of really nice tequilla. I spent 10 minutes with her, and went on with my vacation. But I told her that she should "enjoy that tequilla"...... as she always said she had better sex when she had tequilla in her.....
When I got home from vacation, her husband sent me a whisper that went something like this:
"X" and I put that tequllia to some good use.... in fact the first night, I was banging her and thought that you ( me ) would have enjoyed banging her too. Shame you couldn't hang around."
And then I have also heard stories about a guy in guild who got arrested for attempted murder..... and I have heard some gruesome stories from guys in the military about the killings and death they have seen in Iraq.....
So, I don't know, but I don't think most of our guild mates know of much of this, or get told these things.... but I think being the GM, and being probably the oldest person in the guilds, I guess they feel safe.
Do you hear crazy things as GM?