Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you think of Wrathion?

I just don't like him. I just have a feeling he's a snobby guy that needs a punch in the face and in need of a time out.

Who does he think he is just showing up in the veiled stair and asking us to gather stuff for him and having personal guardians through out Pandaria?

We killed his whole family and he tries to play us like a game! He's a child with powerful titan objects, I don't trust him.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be mad at a guy who willingly gives us a legendary. Some of his speeches seem a bit questionable though, as if he thinks his opinion on what's good for Azeroth is the only thing that matters, and everyone else better follow his plan.

He believes that only through unity can the world survive whatever doom he's foreseen, and he has no qualms using any and everyone to create that unity. I think he wants to do good things in bad ways and that's what'll lead to his downfall and eventual status as a redbar-cum-loot pinata. Cos that worked so well for Illidan, and Arthas, and Garrosh...

I like him. He's willing to do things that the heroes normally wouldn't--or couldn't--do and even manipulate entire nations just to succeed at his goals. One of the major themes of Mists of Pandaria was challenging the black and white (or perhaps red and blue :P ) morality that World of Warcraft has had for so long. Aside from the Zandalar Tribe and the Consortium and the Nerubians, there haven't been a group in WoW that was very questionable that got major focus (those groups didn't have much focus and were secondary characters to the plots of their time in WoW) (Maybe I'm missing a faction?) but many of the things in this expansion happen and there is no clear right or wrong. The first thing that the alliance and horde do both in the pandaren starting zone and on pandaria proper is fight each other, and they've found the one place where the very land won't allow them to fight. We saw a greater focus on espionage as the concentrated power was lessened into a smaller area, but look at how much spotlight the Klaxxi and Wrathion get. While the enemy of our enemy is our friend, we're wary of the fact that the Klaxxi are servants of Old Gods and that by helping the Klaxxi out we're by proxy helping the Old Gods out. This is all an example of the storytelling in MoP being a lot more nuanced than in the past where things were more standard fantasy fare of infallible heroes versus true evil villains.

same as his father. his way or the highway and ill kill everyone. cant wait to cleave his head off.

I really hope we don't kill him, hes already given out daggers to rogues, and soon cloaks to every class/spec. Not only do I enjoy his part in the story, but he gives out legendarys like hot cakes!

Deleted
    Best dragon ever. He says what should have been done long ago, completely destroying the Horde, every single member of it.

Wish the options werent so extreme. I like him, but I dont fawn over every word he says. Blizzard is again showing that they are able to create intriguing new characters out of nothing. They dont need to depend on the old Warcraft games for their lore. They are perfectly capable of creating new, mysterious characters out of thin air. I cant wait to see what he has in store next.

Although when he says I should've taken over the throne room myself like Auntie Onyxia I get put off a little bit. That is a little bit telling of his feelings for his corrupted family. I mean typically "Auntie" is used with caring and kindness for a loved one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking love him thats what I think of him.

I am greatly in favour of ambiguous characters who keep you on the edge. We need more 3 dimensional personalities in games.

"blah blah blah blah, here's a legendary" - wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    I like him seems like a nice dude!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    *thpoilerth*

Based on the new sound files that were just released,

he totally went jerk-face on us Hordies. Booo.

He's a butt.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    I just don't like him. I just have a feeling he's a snobby guy that needs a punch in the face and in need of a time out.

Who does he think he is just showing up in the veiled stair and asking us to gather stuff for him and having personal guardians through out Pandaria?

We killed his whole family and he tries to play us like a game! He's a child with powerful titan objects, I don't trust him.
    I really, really hope he doesn't turn into a villain. Seriously. If he turns evil, it'd be the most cheesy, shallow and stupid turning since Darth Vader and his teenage angst.

I've always kinda liked him. He seems cool and can be funny at times. Never really trusted him at all, so don't really care what he does. If he goes evil I'll kick his ass, if he's on our side at all times, then I'll hang out with him and help him prepare. I like the new info from the voice files, makes sense to me and I look forward to the next step in his plan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    *thpoilerth*

Based on the new sound files that were just released,

he totally went jerk-face on us Hordies. Booo.

He's a butt.
    No, that makes him a hero, that dragon deserves respect for speaking out what many think.

I liked him a lot better when I thought I was getting a legendary weapon and not a cloak.

At first I hated how savvy and knowledgeable he was at the end of Cata, just a year at most after being hatched from his egg. But I got over it. He's a pretty interesting guy, who clearly has flaws despite wanting to appear as this super-sophisticated intellect. Love the newest soundfiles, where Tong puts him in his place, but he's too prideful to take the lesson. That right there is the final lorepiece that contributes to Wrathion's worldliness. He's still a whelp in the end, who has much to learn and experience to gain, not some omniscient super being. His voice actor is great too, one of the best in the game currently. I hope Wrathion sticks around for a long time.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I liked him a lot better when I thought I was getting a legendary weapon and not a cloak.
    With you on that. The cloak looks so shit. He couldn't do a better job then a sheet of iron?
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Wrathion ? Whelps.