10+ Year Old Account

Xuen Challenge Help

I am having a real problem with this. I only have an item level of 512 since all i do it LFR now days so the gear is a bit of a problem but being an Aussie is what is being the biggest problem. I have to play with 300/400ms due to where i live and this is absolutely impossible for me. I heroic raided for years and this is by far the hardest thing i have ever had to do on wow. Hell i found Heroic rag prenerf easier. Any idea how I can make it easier?

Fucking hate not having Aussie servers.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-10 at 04:33 AM.
    Aye mate

I'm an Aussie and I managed to do it on my first go with out any knowledge of the fight.

The fight is simple, move when he cleaves, don't stand in the lava shit, aoe adds down with fok spam. I managed to kill him a little bit after the first pack of blood spawns. If adds are what's killing you, spec shuriken toss and cheat death/elusiveness. Also, try to always stand behind him because you get a 250% damage buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does the 250% buff work on the adds?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    So does the 250% buff work on the adds?
    Don't believe it does, but they have a small amount of health, just fok them when they spawn so crippling/deadly gets applied to them and kite the adds with shuriken toss until they are dead. Also you can apparently cc him (can't confirm that) so try blind and bandage up

I died the first time, then I put leeching on and it was trivial (I tanked the adds and BF'd them down with a cooldown). Make sure you kidney him everytime the DR resets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    Don't believe it does, but they have a small amount of health, just fok them when they spawn so crippling/deadly gets applied to them and kite the adds with shuriken toss until they are dead. Also you can apparently cc him (can't confirm that) so try blind and bandage up
    The problem with the adds i am having is by the time i get that group down a single add has spawned, then when i get that down another has spawned and i never get any time on the black prince.

Also doing it as assassination, would combat be better?

- - - Updated - - -

You know what forget it. I am not even going to bother. This isn't worth the time for a shitty looking cloak.
    Aye mate

Use shrunken toss on the oozed and kite them. Make sure u don't push him to the mirror phase with oozes still up. FoK the mirrors and keep feint up incase you don't get the right image right away. Oh, I'd take Eluciveness talent.

Profit.

Edit: lol @ the quitting part and look of the cloak. Personally, I think they made getting BiS cloak too easy. Just don't make a forum post later complaining about WoW's difficulty. Kkthxbye
    Last edited by Crookids; 2013-07-10 at 05:46 AM.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

The problem with the adds i am having is by the time i get that group down a single add has spawned, then when i get that down another has spawned and i never get any time on the black prince.

Also doing it as assassination, would combat be better?

- - - Updated - - -

You know what forget it. I am not even going to bother. This isn't worth the time for a shitty looking cloak.

This is exactly why ppl hate LFR , if u belive it or not LFR turned you into a lazzy dude oh is so easy getting epix from LFR but now i cba to work my brains out cuz this is to hard , for a second i was smart i went to ask for help but after that i spit in their faces and tell them ye wasted your time i wont wont bother with this.

You dont deserve any legendary with that attitude if u;re not willing to work for it , but FYI even with 512 ilvl u can do the fight but as u let us to belive is to hard for u cuz u;re that kind of guy that if is hard moves on , no worry maybe at 6.0 they will give u LFR legendary without any challenge be happy u got so far only with lfr boy

Combat probably is better. You get a 9 second stun and you can trivially kill the first 2 groups of adds with evasion + KS and evasion + AR. You also do more physical damage which means more heals with leeching.

I managed to do this first time after I read numerous recommendations to spec Shuriken Toss for the adds.

When they spawn, get DP rolling on each one, and focus the ones that don't die quickly and get the speed up.

If you can, when kiting the adds, throw some Shurikens at Wrathion just to get DP on him.

Otherwise, Feint and Fok the images, dont stand in the cleave, and attack him from behind, and keep Recup rolling at all times, with Leeching Poison on your weapons. Also, take Prey on the Weak (10% more damage during stuns) and stun him when you can, and in particular during Shadow Blades/Vendetta. Also, food and flask will help a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    This is exactly why ppl hate LFR , if u belive it or not LFR turned you into a lazzy dude oh is so easy getting epix from LFR but now i cba to work my brains out cuz this is to hard , for a second i was smart i went to ask for help but after that i spit in their faces and tell them ye wasted your time i wont wont bother with this.

You dont deserve any legendary with that attitude if u;re not willing to work for it , but FYI even with 512 ilvl u can do the fight but as u let us to belive is to hard for u cuz u;re that kind of guy that if is hard moves on , no worry maybe at 6.0 they will give u LFR legendary without any challenge be happy u got so far only with lfr boy
    LFR or gear wasn't my problem. If you had read the my OP it was lag which there is nothing i can do about since i live in Australia and the servers being in America. So before you start that LFR shit at least read what i said. And at least use some proper English if you are going to try and abuse me. At what point did anyone work for any of the quest so far? It is all rng drops so far.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-10 at 08:58 AM.
    Aye mate

T
    - - - Updated - - -

Don't quit. The cloak is amazing. Even for me (who had 530 ilevel when doing the challenge) it was about 5% more Attack Power. If you have less gear, it will be relatively more powerful.

You just need to be patient and accept that the challenge can take ages, but you will get it eventually!

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool it.

Air - Crookids has given some good advice here, and you can search back a page or two in the forum here to find a couple of other threads discussing the fight - don't forget flasks and potions if you're really on the edge. Kiting is entirely viable if you're entirely stuck - FoK crippling onto the adds chasing you and just toss, toss until it's eventually over.

LFR or gear wasn't my problem. If you had read the my OP it was lag which there is nothing i can do about since i live in Australia and the servers being in America. So before you start that LFR shit at least read what i said. And at least use some proper English if you are going to try and abuse me. At what point did anyone work for any of the quest so far? It is all rng drops so far.
    I live in Australia, I did it on my first go with no knowledge of the fight. It isn't impossible, it's a learn to play issue you're having. The fight is so easy and faceroll that I am astounded by the amount of people saying it's hard, if you think that is hard, go do Disruptron, Ahoo'ru or Mingus Diggs in the Brawler's Guild, those are real solo challenges.

I did it at 511 as assassination. Took a bunch of tries, but it is doable. I just made it a survival fight. Burst of speed. Kite the bloods around the outside with ST (keep SnD up for extra shiruken auto attacks). Kite bloods around inner ring on mirror phase and FOK mirror images. If you are low on energy and the mirror images are about to explode, CoS will let you immune the damage. Cloak will be up each mirror phase, so you can use it for one of the three sets of images each time. When you have only 1 or 2 bloods up get some time on Wraithion. Hit him with some ST when you are kiting to keep DP going, and eventually he goes down. Once you can handle bloods and survive mirror phases reliably, it's not that bad.

My gear is much better than you, I do fine in brawler's guild, and this fight drove me batty. Possibly if I'd had combat I would have had an easier time of it. You do do 2xdamage from behind, which is the most important point to keep in mind.

What you think is killing you--latency--is probably not. The fight is just buggy. Sometimes the cones hit you when you're behind him just for giggles. I probably overthought this boss and got myself into greater difficult than was necessary but finally killing it was less science and more, well, randomness for me. Eventually he does the right abilities in the right order.

There's pages and pages of misery about the melee version of this fight so you are definitely not alone. Warriors just go tanks instead and my guildmates were irritated with how easy the fight is for ranged.

In retrospect, wish I'd done it combat... Then again, it's not like I have combat weapons at all.

Another good tip for this fight, if you interrupt him just before mirror phase, it cancels the phase. KS, gouge, blind, cheap shot, whatever you got and you can completely negate the mirrors. This needs to be done EVERY time he trys to phase though which can be tricky if you have the adds chasing you about. I made the mistake of thinking I could just muscle through this just like everything else and got spanked the first few times. The way I ended up doing it was blowing him up off the top then popping all of my cd's when the adds spawned and fok'd them down with evasion up. This pushed him to the mirror phase which I interrupted. After that the adds spawned again and he was almost dead, I figured I would just fok the adds down and finish him off but it turns out they stop dieing at some point. I just kited them away, shadowstepped to Wrathion and finished him off. I did this as assas.

What I did... but I was a 530 Assassination Rogue at the time...

No need for kiting. (picked combat readiness, leeching, anticipation)

Start off with vendetta on the boss. When the adds spawn, pop evasion, smoke bomb and combat readiness. Pop Shadow Blades. Go to town on spamming FoK... while putting rupture/envenom on the boss. Adds should die fairly quickly.

When the boss collapses to the center... use blind / cheap shot / kidney shot to prevent him from summoning. Re-pop evasion (use the "spell" that resets our cooldown timers... forgot the name of the spell) when the adds re-spawn and nuke down the boss, ignoring the adds.

hope this works, good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    The 250% increased dmg does work against the adds, just stay behind Wrathion at all times, and target him, and cleave the adds.

Through out the fight Xuen keeps saying, "Use you opponents strength against him." or something along those lines. the 250% dmg on adds by cleaving them standing behind Wrathion, is what he means.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I am having difficulties with dealing with Wrathion!!

My toon is a combat rogue that has problems dealing with the adds of Wrathion, especially the mirror image stage!!

Anyone please help me!!! The time that i can get the cloak, is ticking down!!!