Thread: Spirit of War?

Spirit of War?

From front page:
    Accelerated Balanced Trillium Ingot Blacksmithing. 3.5 sec cast. Reagents: Trillium Bar. Spirit of War. Tools: Blacksmith Hammer.
    Accelerated Balanced Trillium Ingot is new daily cd.

Anyone knows what Spirit of War stands for? What are the means of its acquisition?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a way to get around the daily cd for the new BoP crafted gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are itll be DE'd from the SoO epics. So while anyone can now make the epics, raiders can make it much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Chances are itll be DE'd from the SoO epics. So while anyone can now make the epics, raiders can make it much faster.
    Thats alot of assuming tho.
    Chances are you gain these spirits of war from daily/weekly SoO related quests so you can bypass the limit.
    Spirit of Harmony wouldn't really work at this point since people have tons of those, negating the entire limitation entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Thats alot of assuming tho.
    Chances are you gain these spirits of war from daily/weekly SoO related quests so you can bypass the limit.
    Spirit of Harmony wouldn't really work at this point since people have tons of those, negating the entire limitation entirely.
    It's a perfectly rational assumption considering Blood Spirits and and Haunting Spirits are obtained by disenchanting raid drop epics.

Yeah short of it is, we don't know. Might be attached to the raid, might not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    It's a perfectly rational assumption considering Blood Spirits and and Haunting Spirits are obtained by disenchanting raid drop epics.
    Neither of which allow the ability to use a 24/h cooldown more often if im not mistaken (i've only resubbed like 2 weeks ago so i could be wrong).
    It being a spirit of harmony 2.0, especially with the name, seems more likely from my point of view.

It's the new spirit. Spirit of Harmony > Blood Spirit > Haunting Spirit > Spirit of War

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's the new spirit. Spirit of Harmony > Blood Spirit > Haunting Spirit > Spirit of War
    More like

SoH > SoW

Blood spirit > haunting spirit > ???

There will be new item required to make new items (belt & legs?) coming in 5.4.

Edit: unless this item will be more available than it's previous counterparts (only from normal/heroic disenchants) nobody will use it to bypass some daily cd, seeing it sells for thousands of gold in the AH.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2013-07-11 at 03:49 AM.

I'm actually hoping it bridges the gap somewhat between SoH and Haunting, i.e. obtainable via DE but also constructable/collectable via other means in order to keep prices somewhat more in control - because you're right no way in hell would anyone burn the next equivalent of a haunting spirit to bypass cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I'm actually hoping it bridges the gap somewhat between SoH and Haunting, i.e. obtainable via DE but also constructable/collectable via other means in order to keep prices somewhat more in control - because you're right no way in hell would anyone burn the next equivalent of a haunting spirit to bypass cooldowns.
    Currently, 5.4 crafts don't require any special materials except those from daily cds (thankfully).

Balanced Trillium Ingot is the new 1day cooldown material. This is "accelerated" Balanced Trillium. Chances are this allows you to bypass the 1day cooldown by using expensive materials, same as the "Riddle of Steel" for alchemists that creates Living Steel without a cooldown.

Spirit of War will definitely be the new Blood Spirit/Haunting Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Balanced Trillium Ingot is the new 1day cooldown material. This is "accelerated" Balanced Trillium. Chances are this allows you to bypass the 1day cooldown by using expensive materials, same as the "Riddle of Steel" for alchemists that creates Living Steel without a cooldown.

Spirit of War will definitely be the new Blood Spirit/Haunting Spirit.
    I want to agree, the only thing bothering me is that the Leatherworking version of this cooldown says it requires 2x Hardened Magnificent Hides to create a Hardened Magnificent Hide. Probably just a tooltip error.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I want to agree, the only thing bothering me is that the Leatherworking version of this cooldown says it requires 2x Hardened Magnificent Hides to create a Hardened Magnificent Hide. Probably just a tooltip error.
    Most likely it's 2 Magnificent Hides = 1 Hardened Magnificent Hide (daily CD), and 1 Magnificent Hide + 1 Spirit of War = 1 Hardened Magnificent Hide (accelerated version w/o CD). There's no "Mote of War" on the PTR, so it's anyone's guess how they will give us those extra mats. I think it's BS that we have to rely on enchanters to make just about anything worthwhile, but I suppose that's the only way they can think of to keep enchanting relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Most likely it's 2 Magnificent Hides = 1 Hardened Magnificent Hide (daily CD), and 1 Magnificent Hide + 1 Spirit of War = 1 Hardened Magnificent Hide (accelerated version w/o CD). There's no "Mote of War" on the PTR, so it's anyone's guess how they will give us those extra mats. I think it's BS that we have to rely on enchanters to make just about anything worthwhile, but I suppose that's the only way they can think of to keep enchanting relevant.
    I wouldn't be surprised if some number of SoH were combined into a SoW with a timer.