1. #1
    Banned ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,117

    Hearthstone Board... in WoW.

    I don't see any other threads like this so I guess I'll be the one...




    At time of writing, this is on the front page of MMO-Champion as datamined information from a new patch.


    So, what are we looking at? Legit hearthstone client in WoW? A fun doodad decoration to be scattered across inns? Possibly one of the toys given to people who participate in beta (a Hearthstone version of the train kit? >.>)
    Last edited by ViridianWRA; 2013-07-20 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Don't tell me what to do.

  2. #2
    I would love for there to be an in-game client for Hearthstone. I spent way too much time in EverQuest playing Legends of Norrath while waiting for people to get to a camp or for a raid to form, I would probably do the same thing with Hearthstone.

    If it is an out of game client, I will likely spend less time in it, unless it is good enough to lure me into playing in windowed mode, which would result in my playing while waiting in an LFR line or for a rare to spawn.

  3. #3
    Probably just decoration at this stage (or an art asset that won't be used), they might incorporate a HS client "down the track" but I definitely wouldn't expect it yet.

    P.S. If they give cool stuff to HS beta testers I'll get all QQey seeing as I didn't get a beta invite
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #4
    Banned ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Probably just decoration at this stage (or an art asset that won't be used), they might incorporate a HS client "down the track" but I definitely wouldn't expect it yet.

    P.S. If they give cool stuff to HS beta testers I'll get all QQey seeing as I didn't get a beta invite
    Nobody has gotten a beta invite yet.

  5. #5
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,220
    I can see an option already when you rightclick on a player's portrait to start a Heartstone duel. Then both players go sit on the ground with this heartstone board between them.

  6. #6
    Probably decoration, but it would be great to see folks in an inn or the SW greenery areas sitting down to play a game of hearthstone

  7. #7
    im thinking either

    A: ingame client

    or

    B: if we pick up our ingame items in the game or if theres a special event like the night elf mohawk than there will be npcs sitting around this

  8. #8
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grimsby
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I can see an option already when you rightclick on a player's portrait to start a Heartstone duel. Then both players go sit on the ground with this heartstone board between them.
    Actually I think this could be a possibility. Think about it, when the B-Net client goes live, it might launch a 3rd party application (providing both players accept the invitation to a hearthstone duel).

  9. #9
    they also could make hearthstone a real thing in the wow universe, maybe in wow there are weird fanboys who have made cards for their favorite people and see who would win or something

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they also could make hearthstone a real thing in the wow universe, maybe in wow there are weird fanboys who have made cards for their favorite people and see who would win or something
    Brought to you by the Steamwheedle Cartel.

  11. #11
    I think it will be a decoration piece in Inns/places, but I won't be surprised if it's used to launch the game at some point. I doubt it'd be used for that right now though. Blizz have stated that HS won't be directly tied to WoW.

  12. #12
    The Patient Alexeiblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

    P.S. If they give cool stuff to HS beta testers I'll get all QQey seeing as I didn't get a beta invite
    ...they've already said what they are giving HS beta testers (when the invites are sent out)

  13. #13
    Why do people find an in-game client to be far fetched? I wouldn't be surprised if the stand-alone client consisted of WoW's Lua/XAML GUI engine.

  14. #14
    Warchief Zeror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,220
    This is the icon related to this thing, i guess.



    That should mean it's just a vanity item instead of a new feature. Otherwise it would have received a different icon, another size.
    Last edited by Zeror; 2013-07-10 at 04:19 PM.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,575
    A decoration, nothing more.

    Hearthstone duels are meant to take place inside WoW's inn and this is just tying it in really.

    Also, it's a F2P game. While I wouldn't rule it out, why bother having it inside WoW when you'd need an active sub to play the F2P game? Especially with the new launcher they are going to be rolling out that can launch all Blizzard games.

    Rarely updated...

  16. #16
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,044
    Quoted from the official WoW EU forums:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7789148905

    Play it from within the game? It's something the team has talked about, but there aren't any plans for this currently. It would be really cool though, for sure
    So sadly no . Although I would've liked it as a feature to play it from WoW itself

  17. #17
    Seems like a fun little vanity item imo.

    Place it down and 2 characters can click on it and start "playing".

    Definitely not an actual launcher.

  18. #18
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    I would love for there to be an in-game client for Hearthstone. I spent way too much time in EverQuest playing Legends of Norrath while waiting for people to get to a camp or for a raid to form, I would probably do the same thing with Hearthstone.

    If it is an out of game client, I will likely spend less time in it, unless it is good enough to lure me into playing in windowed mode, which would result in my playing while waiting in an LFR line or for a rare to spawn.
    They had an April Fools I believe in 2005 where they joked "Battle grounds ARE already in game! We realized it was in the form of Warcraft 3!!!" and since they I have held a deep deep deep grudge against Blizzard for not making that joke happen. Not as Battle Grounds, but, instead, having a "War room" where you went into where you could boot up multiplayer Warcraft 3 matches, and a "record room" where you go back and play the campaign, launching the Warcraft 3 game out of your WoW client, interacting with people still in WoW but while playing Warcraft 3.

    While that will never happen, It will be super cool to see this happen in game! (if it does!)

    It would also be cool if we ended up being able to "make" our own cards, where we have our own characters as cards. I want mine immortalized! We are after all "Heros of Azeroth"!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •