Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    So they want to train people to watch for this behavior? Doesn't that mean they're also tipping everyone off that might be caught on what not to do? Making it easier to not be caught? Nice a net to catch the idiots and a rule book for the smart ones.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk Oktoberfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Gay marriage has been legalized in a large number of states, marijuana legislation is on the verge, DOMA and Prop 8 are effectively gone, and healthcare is....marginally better.

    And no, the market is actually recovered. I do understand how economics work...actual economics, not Economics by Alex Jones as you seem to believe in.

    Obama had nothing to do with that. Gay marriage? He did nothing but blow off the gay community for the first 4 years. He then started playing up to them last spring because he wanted their votes again. Marijuana ? You gotta be kidding me.

    Look I know you wanted him to be a great president, hell I did too! But you guys supporting him are KILLING us. The guy is a liar and hes no friend to liberals either! hes a rightwinger!


  3. #23
    Merely a Setback Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    28,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Obama had nothing to do with that. Gay marriage? He did nothing but blow off the gay community for the first 4 years. He then started playing up to them last spring because he wanted their votes again. Marijuana ? You gotta be kidding me.
    "If you do good for selfish reasons, that's alright too." - Eugen Weber

    I don't know if you're aware of this, but Gay Marriage passed by very slim margins in Washington State, for example. The fact that he came out in support of it was hugely beneficial to the cause; not to mention his refusal to enforce DOMA even before the Supreme Court got rid of it.

    I'm not talking about his actions, though. I'm talking about the state of the nation; which has actually been improving overall.

    Look I know you wanted him to be a great president, hell I did too! But you guys supporting him are KILLING us. The guy is a liar and hes no friend to liberals either! hes a rightwinger!
    America's politics are quite right wing, yes.

    I don't regard myself as a "liberal".

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk Oktoberfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Civil liberties eroding? Arguable.

    Things are not -ideal-, but they are not "getting worse".
    You are badly uninformed then or very naive. Hes way worse than Bush was and Bush was awful.
    You know just because he has 'democrat' next to his name doesnt mean he isnt a lying murdering dictator


    http://www.salon.com/2012/04/20/obam...erties_record/

    Obama’s dismal civil liberties record
    Despite vows to increase transparency, the president has made the government ever more authoritarian and intrusive


    http://www.socialjusticesolutions.or...aa-in-the-usa/

    The Shoes Keep on Dropping…What Next?: On Civil Liberties, Privacy, and HIPAA in the USA



  5. #25
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    19,634
    As long as you don't say he's the worst president ever. I will need to go full out history nerd on you if you dare suggest that.

  6. #26
    Merely a Setback Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    28,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    You are badly uninformed then or very naive. Hes way worse than Bush was and Bush was awful.
    You know just because he has 'democrat' next to his name doesnt mean he isnt a lying murdering dictator
    "Lying murdering dictator"....Yeah, right. You're clearly a little unhinged if you think the US is anywhere near a dictatorship.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    As long as you don't say he's the worst president ever. I will need to go full out history nerd on you if you dare suggest that.
    He already called him a fascist dictator. Seems like more than enough hyperbole there.

  8. #28
    Pandaren Monk Oktoberfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    1,802
    http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-se...-cameras-every


    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...066598106.html


    I dont know if you know who Chris Hedges is btw but trust me, he is not even close to being rightwing


  9. #29
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    19,634
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He already called him a fascist dictator. Seems like more than enough hyperbole there.
    That would put him on the same levels as certain WW2 leaders. yeah...>.>

  10. #30
    Elemental Lord Duronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the jungle
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    and your point is...what?
    Well maybe I was just talking to talk... Nothing important other than a little tidbit of information.
    Hey everyone

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk Oktoberfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Lying murdering dictator"....Yeah, right. You're clearly a little unhinged if you think the US is anywhere near a dictatorship.
    Are you American?

    You are very young if you do not realize how far the USA has shifted towards a Police State. Id argue we are a Police State now in fact. Freedom is an illusion in the USA.

  12. #32
    Merely a Setback Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    28,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Are you American?

    You are very young if you do not realize how far the USA has shifted towards a Police State. Id argue we are a Police State now in fact. Freedom is an illusion in the USA.
    I'm not American, but I do have citizenship and live here. And no, I'm not "very young" either; more than that, I teach history.

    The US is not anything resembling a police state, period.

  13. #33
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    19,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Are you American?

    You are very young if you do not realize how far the USA has shifted towards a Police State. Id argue we are a Police State now in fact. Freedom is an illusion in the USA.
    I think there are a few vets in my family that would like to disagree with you.

  14. #34
    Pandaren Monk Oktoberfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That would put him on the same levels as certain WW2 leaders. yeah...>.>

  15. #35
    Merely a Setback Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    28,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    I happen to support the drone strikes.

  16. #36
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    19,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Still doesn't put him on the same level as certain WW2 leaders.

  17. #37
    Merely a Setback Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    26,019
    Spamming videos isn't going to persuade people very much.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  18. #38
    So uhh, this thread is basically "OMG SCARE OBAMA IS A GUY WHO LIED THIS ONE TIME".

    Cool.

  19. #39
    Elemental Lord Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I happen to support the drone strikes.
    I don;t and i wonder when we'll start developing true hunter killer type tech.

  20. #40
    Pandaren Monk Oktoberfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm not American, but I do have citizenship and live here. And no, I'm not "very young" either; more than that, I teach history.

    The US is not anything resembling a police state, period.
    Then you should know better. History always repeats itself.

    seeing as how I have done nothing but lay out facts and input from respected DEMOCRATS that contradict nothing but opinion from yourself, we will have to disagree. I suggest you take off the partisan goggles and step away from the coolaid.

    "I know of no way of judging the future but by the past."
    Patrick Henry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •