Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Obama threatens federal workers with prison to force them to spy on coworkers

Highly disturbing. I never expected this behavior from Obama back in 2007. He is everything he claimed he was not. This stuff is the type of stuff that Hitler or the KGB used to do. Truly chilling. If this doesnt creep you out then you need to take the partisan blinders off. This man is NOT who we thought he was. You are crazy if you trust him or think hes a good guy. Hes dangerous and hes a liar.

He is an even larger threat to the Bill of Rights than Bush was and I would have called you insane for suggesting that once upon a time.

But the truth can no longer be denied. Obama is a fascist dictator.

mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/09/196211/linchpin-for-obamas-plan-to-predict.html#.Udyj26wTpqg

WASHINGTON — In an initiative aimed at rooting out future leakers and other security violators, President Barack Obama has ordered federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues based on behavioral profiling techniques that are not scientifically proven to work, according to experts and government documents.

The techniques are a key pillar of the Insider Threat Program, an unprecedented government-wide crackdown under which millions of federal bureaucrats and contractors must watch out for “high-risk persons or behaviors” among co-workers. Those who fail to report them could face penalties, including criminal charges.

Obama mandated the program in an October 2011 executive order after Army Pfc. Bradley Manning downloaded hundreds of thousands of documents from a classified computer network and gave them to WikiLeaks, the anti-government secrecy group. The order covers virtually every federal department and agency, including the Peace Corps, the Department of Education and others not directly involved in national security.

Under the program, which is being implemented with little public attention, security investigations can be launched when government employees showing “indicators of insider threat behavior” are reported by co-workers, according to previously undisclosed administration documents obtained by McClatchy. Investigations also can be triggered when “suspicious user behavior” is detected by computer network monitoring and reported to “insider threat personnel.”

Federal employees and contractors are asked to pay particular attention to the lifestyles, attitudes and behaviors – like financial troubles, odd working hours or unexplained travel – of co-workers as a way to predict whether they might do “harm to the United States.” Managers of special insider threat offices will have “regular, timely, and, if possible, electronic, access” to employees’ personnel, payroll, disciplinary and “personal contact” files, as well as records of their use of classified and unclassified computer networks, polygraph results, travel reports and financial disclosure forms.

Over the years, numerous studies of public and private workers who’ve been caught spying, leaking classified information, stealing corporate secrets or engaging in sabotage have identified psychological profiles that could offer clues to possible threats. Administration officials want government workers trained to look for such indicators and report them so the next violation can be stopped before it happens.

There is already a thread on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    I never expected this behavior from Obama back in 2007.
    I get a hearty belly laugh every time I read something like this :-D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    No idea why honestly. All politicians lie, cheat and follow their own agenda, especially ones that are as high on the ladder as a president.

I wish it were funny. There is a difference between making promises you do not keep and outright lying and doing the polar opposite of what you promised. Obama presented himself as a guardian of the Bill of Rights and he has done nothing but try to destroy it instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it were funny. There is a difference between making promises you do not keep and outright lying and doing the polar opposite of what you promised. Obama presented himself as a guardian of the Bill of Rights and he has done nothing but try to destroy it instead.
    The only thing I can think of is: When idealism meets the reality of being President, he tends to change out of necessity.

loving and laughing when the country goes downhill? your kind disgusts me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The only thing I can think of is: When idealism meets the reality of being President, he tends to change out of necessity.
    Bingo. If Ron Paul were elected tomorrow, I can guarantee he would go back on a large number of his campaign promises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    nah he's just a puppet, a face and voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

No I do not accept that excuse any longer. He has lied about way too many things. He doesnt care about anything but making his Wall Street cronies richer. I hated Bush totally. But I hate Obama more. I have never voted for a Republican before either btw

10+ Year Old Account
    No I do not accept that excuse any longer. He has lied about way too many things. He doesnt care about anything but making his Wall Street cronies richer. I hated Bush totally. But I hate Obama more. I have never voted for a Republican before either btw
    Obama has kept more promises than he's broken. And quite frankly the country has gotten better since he took office, so.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

Its not an excuse. How do you plan to close Gitmo like you pledged to do if you have no where to place your prisoners? Politics is the wrong place for idealism. LBJ knew that very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Obama has kept more promises than he's broken. And quite frankly the country has gotten better since he took office, so.
    you are crazy. The country is getting way worse and Im a liberal saying that. The Bill of Rights is being turned into a doormat and you think its getting better?!?!?

If you are talking about the economy I do not think you quite understand how economics and QE work. Our economy is actually worse. We are turning into a part time labor force

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    loving and laughing when the country goes downhill? your kind disgusts me.
    Well if you think about it, there are a lot of people who laugh at the Middle Eastern countries going downhill but it's considered normal to do so by American standards.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    you are crazy. The country is getting way worse and Im a liberal saying that. The Bill of Rights is being turned into a doormat and you think its getting better?!?!?

If you are talking about the economy I do not think you quite understand how economics and QE work. Our economy is actually worse. We are turning into a part time labor force
    Gay marriage has been legalized in a large number of states, marijuana legislation is on the verge, DOMA and Prop 8 are effectively gone, and healthcare is....marginally better.

And no, the market is actually recovered. I do understand how economics work...actual economics, not Economics by Alex Jones as you seem to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Well if you think about it, there are a lot of people who laugh at the Middle Eastern countries going downhill but it's considered normal to do so by American standards.
    and your point is...what?

there is an even better method to stop having leaks like the stuff they are afraid of getting out and it is very simple, stop doing stuff you don't ever want your own people to find out about.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Gay marriage has been legalized in a large number of states, marijuana legislation is on the verge, DOMA and Prop 8 are effectively gone, and healthcare is....marginally better.

And no, the market is actually recovered. I do understand how economics work...actual economics, not Economics by Alex Jones as you seem to believe in.
    And yet civil liberties are eroding just like they were under Bush, the military has spread itself into sovereign lands like it always does, and money only keeps corrupting politics more and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet civil liberties are eroding just like they were under Bush, the military has spread itself into sovereign lands like it always does, and money only keeps corrupting politics more and more.
    Civil liberties eroding? Arguable.

Things are not -ideal-, but they are not "getting worse".

10+ Year Old Account
    The military has been abusing soverign lands since the Mexican American war, with justifications equally as dubious. Its not a new thing sadly. Moneys been corrupting politics ever since the cotton gin made slavery more profitable, and we've had much worse civil liberties revoked before, albet during a time of civil war.