Years ago, when I was in the Navy and stationed in San Diego, our Division Officer showed us this really cool older movie. I've been trying to recall the name of it, as I would like to watch it again as well as show some of my history buff friends :-P

The premise of the movie was a group of guys who drop a body off the coast of...some country in the Med, to disrupt Germany during D-Day. It leads them to move their troops down south, so that we can successfully land on the beach with little trouble. They find a guy who is dying from Pneumonia, write up a fake love letter or something, handcuff a suitcase with fake landing orders and whatnot to his hand, and dump his body off the coast of some country to the south in the Med. Guess it's based on a true story or something. (Sorry, I'm half asleep, I may be getting some of the 'facts' wrong or country names mixed.) Like I said, older movie, probably 70s? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can't remember even one word of the stupid title >< Sorry if my description isn't very good, we only watched it once and it wasn't until a few weeks later that I really decided that I liked it lol.