Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As many have said. Varian did not PICK the horde leader, but he decied not to contique the attack on the horde, where they are at the weakest( In the form ofc, that garrosh horde have weaken the Thrall's horde - the real horde)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No, what that means is Varian was in a position to crush the horde and conquer it, when it was at its weakest, but he decided to be the bigger man and back off instead of bringing suffering to those horde who actually weren't sided with garrosh.

Takes more guile and willpower to resist the want to kill your rivals faction.
    Gj Varian and alliance.

My question is technically then the horde owes the alliance twice now.
    firstly for coming to their aid and lending their support in the siege and
    secondly in not continuing the attack when the horde was at its weakest.

We will be keeping tabs

Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's(anduin's) wedding day.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Gj Varian and alliance.

My question is technically then the horde owes the alliance twice now.
    firstly for coming to their aid and lending their support in the siege and
    secondly in not continuing the attack when the horde was at its weakest.

We will be keeping tabs

Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's(anduin's) wedding day.
    We aint owing you shit bottom line is varian doesnt have the strength at orgrimmar to start shit and i aint taking the word of some jumped up little shit dragon who wasnt there!

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    We aint owing you shit bottom line is varian doesnt have the strength at orgrimmar to start shit and i aint taking the word of some jumped up little shit dragon who wasnt there!
    Ok then make a bet,
    if it turns out that Varian does have the power and he allows the horde to continue you make a post saying
    All Hail Varian Saviour of the Horde

If it turns out that he did not have the strength and mearly walked away I will make a post calling
    Varian the coward who ran from Orgrimmar

What do you say.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Ok then make a bet,
    if it turns out that Varian does have the power and he allows the horde to continue you make a post saying
    All Hail Varian Saviour of the Horde

If it turns out that he did not have the strength and mearly walked away I will make a post calling
    Varian the coward who ran from Orgrimmar

What do you say.
    I shall take that bet and let the ending cinematic decide the outcome

in fact if i lose it shall be my sig for a whole month pls remind me my memory is terrible

we shall let the community decide

in fact if i lose it shall be my sig for a whole month pls remind me my memory is terrible

Excellent the community will decide if Varian had the strength to continue the assault.

lol @ Varian doesn't have strenght. Varian should have just taken the whole world. He is too soft now after Wolfheart.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, good luck with that...

He didn't choose it, he let them be. Thats why we take down garrosh and not him, because he learnt from pandaria and recognises the horde needs to exist. Thats a big change from the angry former slave of wrath. But then he deal was more "my dad trusted the orcs and they killed him" over "if its red its dead" and having freinds like his former gladiator belf team mate probably helped him get over his bias.
    I mean two things we were told from the start of mists: garrosh will be taken down, varian will earn peoples respect- maybe they meant he would earn the hordes and not the players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol @ Varian doesn't have strenght. Varian should have just taken the whole world. He is too soft now after Wolfheart.
    By the sound of Wrathion's dialogue, Varian didn't stand a chance against a united horde, but now the hordes ripped itself apart, he had the strength to crush it - world was his oyster.

You owe us everything.

If the orcs would just slither back through the Dark Portal, there's no doubt that Darkspear, Bloodhoof, and the Alliance would get along quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    Im sorry, but i dont understand the topic of this thread at all

"king pick who the leader of the horde i dont understand? why not thrall?"
    This aint english.
    Actually, they are English words and the topic is perfectly understandable. You're just choosing to be an ass about it. Also, aint? Really?

OT: No, like iamthedevil said, Varian isn't choosing the new Warchief, simply letting the Horde continue with the leader they chose. I think it would have made for an interesting twist if the Alliance did appoint who they wanted as the new Warchief. Would allow for a more complex story to potentially be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    By the sound of Wrathion's dialogue, Varian didn't stand a chance against a united horde, but now the hordes ripped itself apart, he had the strength to crush it - world was his oyster.
    Because at that time Dwarf was in civil war so AA wasn't united. Varian managed to unite them. He will stand against united horde just fine and the reason Wrathion chose horde before was because Garrosh was willing to do anything to win the war. He had many super weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    You owe us everything.

If the orcs would just slither back through the Dark Portal, there's no doubt that Darkspear, Bloodhoof, and the Alliance would get along quite well.
    We cant the planet is falling apart

Besides human racism would make sure there is conflict just ask garithos

Its in there nature

Back OT it sounds like the allies get shredded at the beachhead and barely make it through where is the 7th legion infact apart from the heroes where is any ally leader who gets to garrosh we dont hear that varian even makes it through the gates.

Wrathion just hears stories about what happens in orgrimmar but in reality most of varians troops are dead at the beach head and isnt in a position to dictate anything so he just goes yeah just elect thrall im cool with that im gonna sleek off and pretending this is a victory when it aint.

Sure if varian had any smarts he would NOW be building up his strength to hit orgrimmar but seeing that he is a idiot he wont

1 - Varian doesn't pick anything, he simply allows the horde to choose there leader without interfering.
    2 - jumping to outright conclusion if it will or won't be Thrall based on another wild speculation. Given, it could be either Vol'jin or Thrall right now, but you don't have anymore evidence then wild speculation.
    Given the audio, I would almost lean more towards Varok Saurfang then either of them.

Its in there nature

Back OT it sounds like the allies get shredded at the beachhead and barely make it through where is the 7th legion infact apart from the heroes where is any ally leader who gets to garrosh we dont hear that varian even makes it through the gates.

Wrathion just hears stories about what happens in orgrimmar but in reality most of varians troops are dead at the beach head and isnt in a position to dictate anything so he just goes yeah just elect thrall im cool with that im gonna sleek off and pretending this is a victory when it aint.

Sure if varian had any smarts he would NOW be building up his strength to hit orgrimmar but seeing that he is a idiot he wont
    I dont think so if anything the horde got shredded with Varian saying

The horde failed to hold the dock
    Vairan then proceed's to lead quite a force to take the towers and turn the cannons on the protodrake.

The horde version has the armies of the forsaken and blood-elfs combined doing the same job.
    So at its smallest the army Varian brings is on par with the blood elfs and forsaken put together.

Also off-topic quick note, the alliance racism is seen mainly by two people Blackmoore and Othmar Garithos.
    Two people vs the rest of the alliance = not that racist.
    Last edited by JudgePayne; 2013-07-10 at 10:36 AM.

Probably didn't want any more bloodshed. The tyrant had fallen and Vol'jin and the gang seemed a good lot, and Varian did become wiser and more patient during MoP, so he felt the best choice here would be to agree to end the war and take his soldiers back home to their families.

Just... it can't be that peachy, can it? I mean, we still have BGs and contested zones, Forsaken aggressions and whatnot. Varian had a great opportunity here to strike a decisive blow. There has to be a catch here somewhere and as Horde I'd like to know what that is.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Just... it can't be that peachy, can it? I mean, we still have BGs and contested zones, Forsaken aggressions and whatnot. Varian had a great opportunity here to strike a decisive blow. There has to be a catch here somewhere and as Horde I'd like to know what that is.
    I agree, I think that they have a huge opportunity to give us something amazing. Really going to be let down hard if they don't. It would be nice for some revelation to be hidden from the dataminers while we all sit here wondering if it really is as simple as: Garrosh goes all bloodlusty in typical orc fashion, we take him down. The end.

oh i so miss understood it. thanks guy sorry

15+ Year Old Account

Its in there nature

amazing...you're speaking of it as if you were there and you have witnessed everything.

----

there's two sides to this story and one is considered to be canon IMO. the Alliance assists Varian and the Horde assists BE's and forsaken.

I do hope the Alliance side will be canonical.

it appears that by letting there be a new Warchief, Varian has made peace with Horde. hopefully that also means Kalimdor Horde and Alliance will pressure Sylvanas for the atrocities she has done in northern kingdoms during the Cataclysm.

Southshore should be rebuilt! :|
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-07-10 at 11:34 AM.

No, what that means is Varian was in a position to crush the horde and conquer it, when it was at its weakest, but he decided to be the bigger man and back off instead of bringing suffering to those horde who actually weren't sided with garrosh.

Takes more guile and willpower to resist the want to kill your rivals faction.
    You're a true Orc, Trassk.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.