Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    End tiers usually last a fucking fuck load of time even that terrible terrible place we called Dragon soul lasted for awhile ( Okay It's horrible imo don't attack me )
    It could be Halion styled but I still very much doubt that Wrathion would be subjected to that.

What if wrathion has been harnessing the power of the sha this whole time? Plus the artifacts we have been gathering for him, anything is possible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    No, what I'm asking is: with the rapid release of patches this xpac, why are people assuming that there's going to be a huge delay before the X-pac? Blizzard seems to have gotten their rhythm down, and I'd be surprised if the next xpac isn't out within 9 months of SoO landing.
    Took the words from my mouth. Blizzard have upped their speed and quality with patches in MoP, and with the extra hands from the Titan project too I bet 6.0 will be out pretty quick, much faster than previous last tiers either way, so I'm not sure why people are still thinking we'll get another DS-length Tier.

OT: No, I doubt we'll end up killing Wrathion. He has so much more potential than a Ruby Sanctum-raid. If we were to get a filler raid it would be, like someone previously mentioned, a ToC style raid where he challenges us and rewards us rather than killing him would be far more likely. Maybe even like the golems in Burning Steppes (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28227) where it learns and gets better each time you win, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Yeah because Blizzard have never done that to us, right?

JK Dragon Soul.
    The list of similarities doesn't even end there.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it would be pretty crazy but, it could be pulled off and be effective at bridging the gap between the next expansion.

If they pair a filler "halion" styled raid with a world event, it could be pretty successful.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    is this wrathion raid because he betrayed the horde and joined the alliance thus allowing black dragonkin to be the new alliance playable race?

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    is this wrathion raid because he betrayed the horde and joined the alliance thus allowing black dragonkin to be the new alliance playable race?
    Ughh

He didn't "betray" the Horde. All Wrathion wanted was a united Azeroth, fighting together for the "upcoming" battle, whatever that may be. He didn't give a flying fuck if Azeroth was united under a red banner or a blue one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was just a bit mad. And he was drinking. No biggie.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dat black dragon gone stole my bike!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    He was just a bit mad. And he was drinking. No biggie.
    drinking is no excuse.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion as a Boss? I'm pretty sure Auntie Onyxia (Lvl 80) is harder than him :P

Honestly, if Varian, Jaina, and Vol'jin are not directly involved in the Garrosh encounter, it will be a huge disappointment bordering on failure imo. They should arrive with the raid group, only a few of their troops having survived, and take on parts of the encounter while the players do most of the work. If they just walk in after the smoke has cleared, that will be lameness maximus.

Wrathion as filler after the siege of a capital city would be a huge sign reading "WE'RE OUT OF IDEAS, FOLKS."

At 2 years old I don't think a Black Dragon is even powerful enough to be raid boss worthy. No, he's just mad at the moment because his plans for all of Azeroth to be united went completely wrong.
    Idk, when you fight him for the ranged celestial challenge quest he's pretty strong even blindfolded and has a lot spells similar to Deathwing's.

I really hope Blizzard won't go down this route for him as i like the character and i think he has a lot of potential, but i thought the same about Kael'thas for example and it didn't prevent Metzen from butchering him... If Wrathion really ends up as a loot pinata i think i'm just done with his writing. As an aspiring writer and literature enthusiast its getting really hard to appreciate his work.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-10 at 04:00 PM.

As much as it'd suck. As horrible as it would be storytelling wise. As little sense as it'd make... I don't see Wrathion being an end of tier boss. I don't see him having enough "followers" to fill an entire raid. Who does he have in the way of allies if he betrays the player?

He's going to be a boss eventually (whine about "anti-hero" all you want... it's just build more toward tragic hero/villain more than anti-hero), unless they go the other direction with him "uniting" the world. That'd be us joining his side to unite the world and it'd result in more fights with faction leaders. I don't see that happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they're going to work on him for a while to make him the boss people thought deathwing should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Idk, when you fight him for the ranged celestial challenge quest he's pretty strong even blindfolded and has a lot spells similar to Deathwing's.

I really hope Blizzard won't go down this route for him as i really like the character and i think he has a lot of potential, but i thought the same about Kael'thas for example and it didn't prevent Metzen from butchering him... If Wrathion really ends up as a loot pinata i think i'm just done with his writing. As an aspiring writer and literature enthusiast its getting really hard to appreciate his work.
    #

The thing is, he has no reason to want to fight us, and right now we don't really have a reason to fight him. He hasn't gone psycho, he hasn't attacked anyone and he isn't a danger right now. He's just desperate to get Azeroth united under one banner whether it be Horde or Alliance, because he clearly knows something about the future that we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Ughh

He didn't "betray" the Horde. All Wrathion wanted was a united Azeroth, fighting together for the "upcoming" battle, whatever that may be. He didn't give a flying fuck if Azeroth was united under a red banner or a blue one.
    Yeah, that. And its clear from the start of his quest chain. All he wants is for the stronger side to win and unite everyone under it. Its not a terribly bad goal in itself either. He's initially leaning towards the Horde but after Garrosh decides to pretty much tear the Horde in two and try to bend Yshaarj's powers for himself he choses the alliance as logically a power crazed xenophobic madman wouldn't be very fit to rule Azeroth under a single banner.

- - - Updated - - -

#

The thing is, he has no reason to want to fight us, and right now we don't really have a reason to fight him. He hasn't gone psycho, he hasn't attacked anyone and he isn't a danger right now. He's just desperate to get Azeroth united under one banner whether it be Horde or Alliance, because he clearly knows something about the future that we don't.
    I agree, but nothing prevents him from suffering the "LOL HE IZ CURROPTED" Metzen curse.

a wrathion raid would be silly, he's trying to save the world, not end it.
    <insert witty signature here>

Also, to answer the OP. I wouldn't expect any filler raid as those aren't usually very succesful. How many people actually remembers fighting Halion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    a wrathion raid would be silly, he's trying to save the world, not end it.
    Kael'thas was trying to save his people too.

you'll have your moment to kill him but not yet.

I've read many players wanting a "Red Wedding" event to happen just to mix things up. Metzen's penchant for retcon is also a hindrance imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post

I really hope Blizzard won't go down this route for him as i really like the character and i think he has a lot of potential, but i thought the same about Kael'Thas for example and it didn't prevent Metzen from butchering him... If Wrathion really ends up as a loot pinata i think i'm just done with Metzen's writing rofl. As an aspiring writer and literature enthusiast its getting really hard to appreciate his work.