Current state of the classes in World of Warcraft
- Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Death Knight, Monk
- Total 5
- Classes: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Priest, Monk
- Total: 5
Role: Melee DPS
- Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Rogue, Death Knight, Monk, Shaman
- Total: 7 (3 Physical DPS , 4 Hybrid DPS)
Role: Ranged DPS
- Classes: Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Druid, Shaman
- Total: 6 (1 Physical DPS, 5 Magic DPS)
- Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Death Knight, Monk, Shaman, Priest
- Total: 7
- Classes: Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Warlock
- Total: 4
Summary: both new classes have been hybrid, melee DPS, tank and healer. Ranged DPS, specially Physical DPS, is missing from that equation. I see two possible outcomes.
- 1) Blizzard decides to keep their hybrid formula for new classes, but takes into consideration Ranged DPS. The next class might be a Ranged Hybrid, capable of both DPSing and Healing. Maybe 2 DPS specs and 1 healing spec.
- 2) Blizzard releases a pure, ranged DPS class. The game lacks another Ranged Physical DPS and a new Caster class. The next class might have 1 Ranged Physical DPS spec, 1 Ranged Magic DPS spec, and 1 Hybrid Damage spec. Or 3 Physical/Magic DPS specs.
Some possible classes?
Ranger or Dark Ranger