questions about stampede notes

just read the stampede tooltip changes and im a little confused

original
    "summons all your pets to fight your current target for 20s. your pets deal 25% of their normal damage while summoned this way"

modified
    "summons all your pets to fight your current target for 20s. your pets deal 25% of their normal damage in arenas and battlegrounds while summoned this way"

is damage staying the same post nerf and being further reduced in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    just read the stampede tooltip changes and im a little confused

original
    "summons all your pets to fight your current target for 20s. your pets deal 25% of their normal damage while summoned this way"

modified
    "summons all your pets to fight your current target for 20s. your pets deal 25% of their normal damage in arenas and battlegrounds while summoned this way"

is damage staying the same post nerf and being further reduced in pvp?
    There already is a thread on the topic, so why not post there?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ampede-changes

No. Pet's currently deal 25% of their regular damage in PvP and PvE. The change suggest that now they deal 25% of the damge in PvP only. So in PvP the damage will remain the same, in PvE it will be 4 times higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post

No. Pet's currently deal 25% of their regular damage in PvP and PvE. The change suggest that now they deal 25% of the damge in PvP only. So in PvP the damage will remain the same, in PvE it will be 4 times higher.
    ^^ this... *excited squeal*

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one am happy about this change ( should have been this way from the get go - but who am i to judge ) now they are free to tune it for pve.

i scanned the first page and didn't see a thread, so i made one. i would have posted in the thread had i known it existed. no need for peanut gallery comments, an extra thread hurts nobody

thanks for the answer though. things are finally starting to look a little brighter for us

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I for one am happy about this change ( should have been this way from the get go - but who am i to judge ) now they are free to tune it for pve.
    I am just a bit afraid that right now it might be too much burst with the AS change. Imagine BM burst with the 50% extra damage from AS and the buff to Stampede, would be just sick (and that's not taking into consideration the damage compensation for the removal of Readiness).

But at least the ability works differently in PvE and PvP now.

I am just a bit afraid that right now it might be too much burst with the AS change. Imagine BM burst with the 50% extra damage from AS and the buff to Stampede, would be just sick (and that's not taking into consideration the damage compensation for the removal of Readiness).

"oh my god im doing almost half a warlocks dmg, pls nerf me"

?

Deleted
    Now how about bringing back the pre-nerf blink strikes in the same (pve-only) fashion, to sort out all and any pet pathing issues?

keep in mind AS focus cost has gone way up (i think that change has stuck, haven't looked in a while)

Deleted
    keep in mind AS focus cost has gone way up (i think that change has stuck, haven't looked in a while)
    So finally TOTH without focus capping all the time \o/

That's not very relevant for BM during BW with haste gear and a high ilvl. Currently without BL I can't lower my focus during the burst opening. Add BL to that and I just stay at 100% focus.

Well, I guess only having one BW instead of two will in itself lower the overall burst of BM opening, thus the change to Stampede and AS will not be such a high burst increase, but probably still higher than it is now on Live.

That's not very relevant for BM during BW with haste gear and a high ilvl. Currently without BL I can't lower my focus during the burst opening. Add BL to that and I just stay at 100% focus.

Well, I guess only having one BW instead of two will in itself lower the overall burst of BM opening, thus the change to Stampede and AS will not be such a high burst increase, but probably still higher than it is now on Live.
    i had initially said in my response that not having 2 BW would be a factor as well, but noticed he had put in his post "not taking into account the readiness nerf" so i edited it out assuming people already got that lol

but i'm in the same boat as are most hunters probably. during that first BW i'm basically capped the entire time. i think losing the second BW will keep things relatively the same to where they are now though with the stampede buff in terms of opening burst. maybe a slight increase

10+ Year Old Account
    i had initially said in my response that not having 2 BW would be a factor as well, but noticed he had put in his post "not taking into account the readiness nerf" so i edited it out assuming people already got that lol

but i'm in the same boat as are most hunters probably. during that first BW i'm basically capped the entire time. i think losing the second BW will keep things relatively the same to where they are now though with the stampede buff in terms of opening burst. maybe a slight increase
    I can't really comment about how this will affect BM as i only play as MM. I just really don't care for BM. As MM im really happy about most of the upcoming changes.

Just out of curiosity... Is it really that bad that we're focus capped during our opener? Or during periods of high haste? Don't other energy based classes deal with this sort of problem too? I feel like it really can't be as big of a deal as a lot of people try to make it out to be, although I could definitely be wrong. I guess it's just something that's never bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Just out of curiosity... Is it really that bad that we're focus capped during our opener? Or during periods of high haste? Don't other energy based classes deal with this sort of problem too? I feel like it really can't be as big of a deal as a lot of people try to make it out to be, although I could definitely be wrong. I guess it's just something that's never bothered me.
    Well, since we focus cap right now, with the AS change and better gear we will still cap, but each AS will do 50% more damage. Thus the AS change is actually a burst buff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OswinOswald View Post
    Now how about bringing back the pre-nerf blink strikes in the same (pve-only) fashion, to sort out all and any pet pathing issues?
    I suggested this in the main feedback thread on PTR forums already also. To me it seems like a no brainer.

Revert BS to it's prenerf state at put a 10+ ICD on the tele in instanced PvP. Because right now basically just a basic attack damage passive buff. The restriction of the blink has caused more problems (for me at least) than the ability was intended to fix. :/

Please continue the discussion here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ampede-changes

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart