View Poll Results: What do you think they will do with the Emerald Dream?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turn it into a raid

    11 28.21%
  • Turn it into an Expansion

    18 46.15%
  • Not expand on the idea

    6 15.38%
  • Make some scenarios about it, but that's all

    4 10.26%
  1. #1

    Unhappy Emerald Dream a raid?

    I'm concerned that such great untapped potential as the Emerald Dream is going to be wasted by being turned into a raid. The Emerald Dream poses a great opportunity to create a wild, crazy, and creative world. It would open so many windows and expand on so much lore. There would be so many new models for new, interesting creatures, and so much potential for interesting world events.

    But Blizzard doesn't seem to be steering towards the Emerald Dream at all. Many people have been anticipating a new Emerald Dream expansion since Wrath. After they revealed that Mists of Pandaria was going to be the next expansion I lost almost all my hope in an Emerald Dream Expansion.

    I would prefer an Emerald Dream raid over nothing, but personally I would really like to see it as an expansion. Anyone else agree?

    brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

  2. #2
    TBH An Emerald Dread Style Raid would Make the Most sense Since the Emerald dream Would only consist of Wilderness and some Old God infulence. As a full continent it wouldnt be Very Exciting.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PSG32095 View Post
    But Blizzard doesn't seem to be steering towards the Emerald Dream at all. Many people have been anticipating a new Emerald Dream expansion since Wrath. After they revealed that Mists of Pandaria was going to be the next expansion I lost almost all my hope in an Emerald Dream Expansion.

    I would prefer an Emerald Dream raid over nothing, but personally I would really like to see it as an expansion. Anyone else agree?
    I think there's plenty of potential for a full expansion - I'd loathe the idea of it just being a single raid.

    Funnily enough, Y'Shaarj's sound files make a reference to the 'black woods,' so I wonder if he's giving us a hint at what we'll see in the Dream at some point in the future.

  4. #4
    I still don't understand how could we enter it, low creatures like ourselves, players (besides the druids) can't just enter it and even the druids have to sleep to be able to be able to get into it. If I remember right only the Night Elven Druids were given the gift by Ysera.

    How can a Death Knight for example master such technique or meditation?

  5. #5
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mulgore Butcher Shop
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think there's plenty of potential for a full expansion - I'd loathe the idea of it just being a single raid.

    Funnily enough, Y'Shaarj's sound files make a reference to the 'black woods,' so I wonder if he's giving us a hint at what we'll see in the Dream at some point in the future.
    The line about the "black woods" also relates to the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, which can mention "There is a little lamb lost in dark woods," as well as "Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest." This mention of a little lamb also ties into "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

    Each of these references Shub-Niggurath, a Great Old One from the Lovecraft mythos from which the Old Gods in WoW were "borrowed."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    I still don't understand how could we enter it, low creatures like ourselves, players (besides the druids) can't just enter it and even the druids have to sleep to be able to be able to get into it. If I remember right only the Night Elven Druids were given the gift by Ysera.

    How can a Death Knight for example master such technique or meditation?
    Eh, there's plenty of ways around that. There are a number of quests in Wrath that involve all players going there through the power of a Keeper of the Grove. Plus with the green dragon Aspect being depowered and the Nightmare spreading, the 'rules' could easily be said to be 'breaking down.'


    Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    The line about the "black woods" also relates to the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, which can mention "There is a little lamb lost in dark woods," as well as "Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest." This mention of a little lamb also ties into "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."
    Good point.

    Incidentally, the puzzle box also mentions the sunken city of 'Ny'alotha', and Y'Shaarj speaks of that as well. The creator of the Nightmare, N'Zoth, was somehow associated with a presence deep beneath the Maelstrom that Malfurion sensed after pushing back in the Nightmare in the novel Stormrage, and the box also mentions a 'sunken' city, where a being was 'dreaming.' I think it points towards N'Zoth as a menace to the Dream.

  7. #7
    They had plans originally for it but I think it just didn't get enough time on it and eventually they scrapped it and wrapped up the story in one of the books. There is a load of Emerald Dream stuff on youtube if you search for emerald dream exploration, some is fake but there were lots of partial areas of it in the vanilla game.

    To be honest I think it would be a bit boring now. The Dream was typically supposed to be a mirror of Azeroth with only wildlife and no man made stuff. Even adding in Nightmare bits it might be a little dull. Would rather see some demon worlds and the return of the Legion next expansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •