Monk Fist Weapon Issue

I guess you all beware of the monks dont show their fist weapons when attacking or standing. I probably understand the reason why they dont show them when out of combat but not showing in combat is really ridiculous. Please fix this or do something optional about it. And i wanna know if someone know if it will be fixed or not on future patchs ?? Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptan View Post
    I guess you all beware of the monks dont show their fist weapons when attacking or standing. I probably understand the reason why they dont show them when out of combat but not showing in combat is really ridiculous. Please fix this or do something optional about it. And i wanna know if someone know if it will be fixed or not on future patchs ?? Thanks
    First of all, this isn't the WoW forums, so saying "please fix this" will achieve nothing.

Secondly, it's been stated in the past and posted in these forums, that the issue with fistweapons is a technical issue they need to address with how unarmed/fistweapon animations work, its on the lower end of the priority list to be fixed along side the dance studio.

Blizzard keeps saying it's a technical problem but in my opinion it's more of a problem with the animations. In the monk fightingstyle the hands are moved around a lot, somtimes pointing upwards, hitting the enemy with the palm, or the back of the hand or some kind of karate-chop and so on.... if you'd just fix a fist-weapon to your hand this attacks would look quite ridiculous. most fistweapons are designed to be smashed/pierced straight into the opponent, like a normal attack with a fist like other classes do. but our unarmed combat is a little bit more... special

if you have a fist weapon in the offhand and any other nonfist weapon in the mainhand, you can see the fist.

I already posted it here (and on blizz forums as well) - there are monk NPCs that use monk specific animations with weapons.. Like one of the shado-pan companions does fists of fury with the staff equipped.. Not to mention that monks can buy transmogabble invisible fist weapons in their monastery..
    I'm really disappointed that monks still can't see their fist weapons in combat :? The most iconic weapon for monks (next to staff IMHO) and we have it invisible all the time..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

What is REALLY annoying is that warriors are going to be able to duel-wield polearms... Which just makes no sense and is unrealistic to the point where immersion is completely shattered...

But monks are still boned when it comes to fist weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    ...warriors are going to be able to duel-wield polearms... Which just makes no sense and is unrealistic to the point where immersion is completely shattered...
    Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Dual-Wielding Polearms is going to be the straw that breaks the camel-of-willing-suspension-of-disbelief's back for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    if you have a fist weapon in the offhand and any other nonfist weapon in the mainhand, you can see the fist.
    I know that fact indeed. But who wants the fist weapons as long as they are not duel wield. One hand weap + fist look so ugly and i wanna be a beatiful butterfly

What is REALLY annoying is that warriors are going to be able to duel-wield polearms... Which just makes no sense and is unrealistic to the point where immersion is completely shattered...

duel wield polearms breaks immersion in a high fantasy game containing magic, dragons, maifestations of emotions, celestial guardians, world shaping aliens and yet DWed polearms is the final straw?

Deleted
    1. Equip fist weapons
    2. Press key that unsheathes your weapons

There, you know see the weapons while out of combat. Amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the position of the monk character hands during the "ready to attack" pose, it doesn't take a genius to figure out there will be severe clipping issues with the fist weapon and the hand. So unless you have no problems with a fist weapon going through the character's arm, you shouldn't be asking for the fist weapons to show.

The only way they could be made to show would be something like

Glyph Of The Old Style. Minor glyph. Replaces all monk specific animations with those of the other classes. This includes weapon sheathing.

You no longer have the "karate" combat pose and your weapons no longer sheath on the back but you can now see your weapons in the same style as that of the other classes.

Deleted
    While i think that that glyph might be a decent idea, i think it's still a lazy workaround for blizzard so they wouldnt take the effort to make seperate fist weapon animations. If you look about, there is a way to glitch them into your hands while you're in combat, and you can see how they look really out of place with the current animations. While i totally understand WHY they're hidden in combat, i was very disappointed when i first equipped a fist wep on my monk, because they really could've done something quite special with them.

Fist weapons haven't been used all that much pre-MoP, and it seems their comeback has been soured by their non-appearance in combat. While i think the kung-fu style is incredibly unique, and looks very nice, i think they could've gone that extra mile to make fist weapon fighting a hallmark of the monk class.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Dual-Wielding Polearms is going to be the straw that breaks the camel-of-willing-suspension-of-disbelief's back for you?
    LOL ikr !!