Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediguy View Post
    When your victory comes only when the enemy turns against itself, "you" didn't win anything.
    So during II world war Italy {trolls} turns against fascism and nazism {orcs} and helped the Allies {alliance} to defeat germany. So from your point of view US didn't win the II world war. Wanna be there when you'll tell to your history teacher...^^

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Oh you mean the first couple quests? After you reach Dawn Blossom, it's basically the same leveling for both sides until the end.

Meanwhile, go back and play an Alliance and Horde alt through the revamped leveling content. Alliance content largely felt like an exercise in obligation and was often shallow and overall pointless.

I don't care who wins what blocks of land or random skirmishes. I just want to have a complete storyline shown for once.
    I've done both factions both ways and they BOTH have their ups and downs. Allaince doesn't get the gem of an experience from the silverpine questing and maybe hillsbrad. Horde don't get to do Darkshore.

From an design standpoint horde is far more distinct. You get iron fortresses or mudhuts for orcs, The pro new design gothic theme for Forsaken towns, Tauren tentcamps fairly meh worthy, Elven, and Troll spiral hut thingys and da voodoo, Or steampunk gizmo cities.

Allaince is primarily stone keeps, Stone bunkers, Bling Bloop Blop gnome towns, Trees for elves and a less stand out design then the blood elves, Gothic theme for the few far between worgen towns still not as eye catching as Forsaken towns.

THEN you factor in neutral cities like ARGENT towns being the same as humans / Cenarions neutral druid towns = Nightelf then you begin to feel like the horde have alot more variety in their experience.

For Allaince the neutral cities may flow and make the faction and races feel "bigger" since Argent and Hyjal/Cenarions are primarily Humans and Elves MOSTLY. Same thing for DKS even Thassian and Darion? Humans ect.

HOWEVER from a 5.3 perspective Alliance got shafted. You get to use a critter to "peak" at the shit horde see on a daily basis in game < that you can already see with flying mounts as ally> Horde get to do a phased battle.

However the "battle" was fairly minor and having done both I can saftly say they were both boring.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-10 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Nobody wins a civil war.
    Not with that attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Of course they won, the entire point of MoP was buttering alliance pooper so hard they will finally stop whining about things like "/cry why we lost in hillsbrad" and "/cry why is distance from stormwind bank to AH 0.1 second longer than orgrimmar one !! So unfair". Honestly i hope it was worth it because blizzard will have hard time justifing mess that left out of game's lore.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that the reason Varian lets the Horde pick a new Warchief is because he knows the person they pick will be pro-Alliance.

We know for sure if he went along with Wrathion's plan, that Wrathion would next come to dethrone Varian. So Thrall, Vol'jin, or Saurfang would be the safer option for the Alliance.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Of course they won, the entire point of MoP was buttering alliance pooper so hard they will finally stop whining about things like "/cry why we lost in hillsbrad" and "/cry why is distance from stormwind bank to AH 0.1 second longer than orgrimmar one !! So unfair". Honestly i hope it was worth it because blizzard will have hard time justifing mess that left out of game's lore.
    Orgrimmar one is longer :P But org is 1000% less cramped in the central city. Thank god

Also everyone acting like the faction "hates" eachother will be represented in game after this get real. The only thing you will see represented in hate after this is old content and BGS which are game mechanics. Hell you can Fight ally VS ally RBGS OHMUHGUD CIVIL WAR.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-10 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Orgrimmar one is longer :P But org is 1000% less cramped in the central city. Thank god
    "OMG horde players have occasion to enjoy they city without suffering from overcrowding !!! So unfair !!!"

Also you didnt took into account "alliance vision" wchich is popular sigh impediment on alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I can visualize the Forsaken grinning in amusement at the notion that the Alliance thinks it's "stronger" or has "won" anything.

So tell me, how is reclaiming Lordaeron going for you guys? I can't hear you from all the way over here in conquered Gilneas.
    gilneas isnt conquered, its being held by si:7 soldiers. should probably pay better attention to the lore

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I suspect that the reason Varian lets the Horde pick a new Warchief is because he knows the person they pick will be pro-Alliance.

We know for sure if he went along with Wrathion's plan, that Wrathion would next come to dethrone Varian. So Thrall, Vol'jin, or Saurfang would be the safer option for the Alliance.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure if thrall is warcheif again he will be buttering up to Jaina SO much for Theramore and the Allaince for the crazy war / helping them in general he will be more PRO PEACE then ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    gilneas isnt conquered, its being held by si:7 soldiers. should probably pay better attention to the lore
    So should devs. Create one of the best zones in the game. Leave it phased and completely 100% unpopulated after questing experience.

Makes... no.... sense.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Gratz!!! Want a cookie?

Seriously, we're wouldn't do shit anytime soon regardless because we don't care about you to be honest. It's Garrosh that pressed more and more with this world war because of his neurosis and is the whole point for which the Horde rebelled against him; and, you wouldn't have won a fuck without this factor.

Even Wrathion said that Hellscream's victory was assured before half of the Horde began to turn against him, and is the only reason for which he began to back up the Alliance instead of the Horde.
    The only reason The horde was winning was because of Garrosh's BS super weapons. Even with the beasts from Northrend, Garrosh lost the battle at Ashenvale to Varian.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelfire View Post
    So during II world war Italy {trolls} turns against fascism and nazism {orcs} and helped the Allies {alliance} to defeat germany. So from your point of view US didn't win the II world war. Wanna be there when you'll tell to your history teacher...^^
    Well from a standpoint of defeating the Axis, it was a smashing success. And all the territory conquered was returned to its rightful owners.

At least one of those points will not be happening after SoO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Gratz!!! Want a cookie?

Seriously, we're wouldn't do shit anytime soon regardless because we don't care about you to be honest. It's Garrosh that pressed more and more with this world war because of his neurosis and is the whole point for which the Horde rebelled against him; and, you wouldn't have won a fuck without this factor.

Even Wrathion said that Hellscream's victory was assured before half of the Horde began to turn against him, and is the only reason for which he began to back up the Alliance instead of the Horde.
    wrathion THOUGHT, it was assured. everytime varian and garrosh fought varian kicked his arse. the alliance never lost a single battle this expansion while the horde lost even before it started to fall apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pixels. Pixels everywhere. /meme

Bout it.
    Look! Words!

Tushui and Huojin. Yin and yang. One can not live without the other. . . . especially if the legion is coming back. . .

garrosh managed to blow up a city and STILL completely fucked it up.

the alliance still have complete control of the lands around theramores rubble, the port to bring in supplies, and there were almost no casualties since the majority of the forces escaped through a portal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danlathegreat View Post
    Does anyone ever win at war.....?
    The people selling the sticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelfire View Post
    You know... tagging along the ride which was already going to end with Allies victory and KSing doesnt really makes you a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The only reason The horde was winning was because of Garrosh's BS super weapons.
    Elementals, Dragons, Valkyr, and creatures of the Firelands OH MY!

And Plague Bombs, Mana Bombs, Goblin Nukes, Sha-ification

YEAAAH as far as tech goes I think Garrosh was willing to go further then the Allaince to win.

"Omg Blizzard hates Alliance, we never are involved in any major story lines and all the lore in this game is horde focused!"

"Aren't you getting to raid a horde city and kill their leader?"

"Omg that is just Blizzard's way of giving the horde more storyline, Blizzard only cares about horde and never does anything for the Alliance."

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    garrosh managed to blow up a city and STILL completely fucked it up.

the alliance still have complete control of the lands around theramores rubble, the port to bring in supplies, and there were almost no casualties since the majority of the forces escaped through a portal
    Errm what? I'm pretty sure everyone in the city but Jaina died.