Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warbringers & Etiquette

I am a rogue. I have solo'd multiple Warbringers ~10ish without help. It takes a while, but it isn't hard so long as you don't mess up interrupting the fear.

Today I had just started soloing a warbringer in Jade Forrest when a group of three players come up and wanted to kill it. They begin to tell me "you can't solo this lol", "Just die! you can't solo", "Lol just die you're throwing knifes and it is going to take all day", etc. They then proceed to run around me on their mounts trying to distract me and mess with my head. It works and I screw up the fear and die. I get my body and reply, "I've solo'd many of these /shrug".

I moved on to the Dread Wastes (which is the easiest due to flat laying ground and Klaxxi buffs), I kill it and then PM the guy "just solo'd the one in DW /shrug". He responds that I was being selfish and anti-social by soloing and I should have invited them. I responded that I couldn't as I was in battle and you cannot invite people that are in a group. I then told him that even had I reset the warbringer and invited them, they likely just would have tagged the mob and not invited me or accepted group. I then let him know he could have invited me and I would have accepted, but instead he chose to grief me. Calls me a basket case and the convo ends.

I then go to Karasang and find the Warbringer up. I engage it and as I do they show up. Again, they start messing with me waiting for me to screw it up. I screw it up twice with 2M health left, but manage to get the retag so essentially solo'd it 3 times due to evades or resets. I never get an invite from them, which I would have taken, but they message me during the fight "lol, you are still killing it?" Sure it took a while but I killed it.

Is it a douchebag move to solo the warbringers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse not. People group up to kill them out of necessity. If you can solo them, go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    what they did sounded douchebaggy to me. if you can solo it, go ahead, all the power to you.

physically making you screw up by mounting around you etc is dodgy.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Goldengoose View Post
    I am a rogue. I have solo'd multiple Warbringers ~10ish without help. It takes a while, but it isn't hard so long as you don't mess up interrupting the fear.

Today I had just started soloing a warbringer in Jade Forrest when a group of three players come up and wanted to kill it. They begin to tell me "you can't solo this lol", "Just die! you can't solo", "Lol just die you're throwing knifes and it is going to take all day", etc. They then proceed to run around me on their mounts trying to distract me and mess with my head. It works and I screw up the fear and die. I get my body and reply, "I've solo'd many of these /shrug".

I moved on to the Dread Wastes (which is the easiest due to flat laying ground and Klaxxi buffs), I kill it and then PM the guy "just solo'd the one in DW /shrug". He responds that I was being selfish and anti-social by soloing and I should have invited them. I responded that I couldn't as I was in battle and you cannot invite people that are in a group. I then told him that even had I reset the warbringer and invited them, they likely just would have tagged the mob and not invited me or accepted group. I then let him know he could have invited me and I would have accepted, but instead he chose to grief me. Calls me a basket case and the convo ends.

I then go to Karasang and find the Warbringer up. I engage it and as I do they show up. Again, they start messing with me waiting for me to screw it up. I screw it up twice with 2M health left, but manage to get the retag so essentially solo'd it 3 times due to evades or resets. I never get an invite from them, which I would have taken, but they message me during the fight "lol, you are still killing it?" Sure it took a while but I killed it.

No more of a douchebag move than to kill any rare solo (in other words...no).

If anything it would seem they were the ones acting like douchebags and should have just left when they saw that it was already tagged (or at least waited politely to see if you died).

It's only douchebaggy, if it is your faction (what they did), otherwise... it could be a level 4 spider, your tag, your kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are loads of douchebags out there, just stop farming when they are there, so they can't bother you.
    And report them for being rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Why should you invite them ? Share mount and loot 4 ways VS 1? Noty let them keep their group crutch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    There are loads of douchebags out there, just stop farming when they are there, so they can't bother you.
    And report them for being rude.
    Why stop he kills it and it's making them angry. He should do it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing either party in this situation did was wrong. If you can solo the Warbringers, that's excellent. But it's also within reason for those people to try and stop you, even if they are from your faction. When I go Warbringer farming with a group, we always try and steal the tag if another party is attempting to kill one, even if they're from our faction.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are selfish assholes who ninja Warbringer loot and that is why I no longer group with them. If you can solo it, go for it, you are NOT being a jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iv'e found much the same, recently started soloing them on my Blood Death Knight and having quite a bit of fun doing it.

Had several groups of players trying to grief me utilizing similar tactics of distraction and such, also some pulling recently spawned scouts onto my death and decay to try to kill me.

Unfortunately, I was I was nice enough to accept an invite when soloing a Warbringer from an observing Warlock (this was my 2nd warbringer) at 2% the Warlock changed loot to master looter and took all of the loot and so because of that one act from someone I can only assume anyone else will do the same.... and I'm hardly going to take the risk of inviting others and risking my own life while doing it.

I must say, these warbringers seem to draw out some of the most disgraceful behavior I've seen in the WoW community and it really is rather depressing.

I think people need to stop making up arbitrary rules to justify their temper tantrums over someone getting "their" rare mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were in the right in my book. I've had the same bullshit of people screaming at me because I wouldn't party when i showed up, tagged it and they came in half way through. Lots of assholes out there.

10+ Year Old Account

Not really. It's the others who act childish. They, as you said, could have invited you and done was done. But they didn't. And the way they made you screw up, kindda puts them on the list of not wanting to group with anyways.

And biggest note, many people see solo'ing as a personal feat. If you can do something without depending on anyone and have a challenge out of it, then you shouldn't hold back.

Yes, it is a bit anti-social but they didn't do anything to try and team up with you (After what you write).

And last bit... How can "basket case" be an insult? That is most likely just something they do where they are I guess.

But bottom line, you are in your right to solo it. It's good manners to team up with people, but you don't have to. I see it hard to team with strangers some times.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Nothing either party in this situation did was wrong. If you can solo the Warbringers, that's excellent. But it's also within reason for those people to try and stop you, even if they are from your faction. When I go Warbringer farming with a group, we always try and steal the tag if another party is attempting to kill one, even if they're from our faction.
    Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong if you do that. Absolutely no reason to be a jerk to your own faction. Especially if it's just a random person or group that you don't know and don't have a previous issue with.

I've soloed a lot of Warbringers on my DK, and every now and then another DK or pally or a group of people will come up and fly around me on their mounts. It doesn't really mess up my attempt though, I just think they're stupid.

Am I the only one who swears the mount NEVER drops solo?

I've killed 25+ as a lock and gotten 0 mount drops. I've killed 2 in groups and a mount dropped both times.

Deleted
    You were right OP, if you can or can't solo then give it a try anyway. The freedom to do so is there for a reason, these guys were just selfish assholes and pissed that you got the tag before they did. They don't like feeling inferior if you could kill it thus they tried to sabotage you.

Greed is a powerful desire, it makes monsters out of people.

If they try to harass you again, just think of it as social facilitation. You'll do better with people watching you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    No it isn't , it's a classic example of griefing. Stop using an appeal to common practice as an excuse for griefing. That's not right.
    OP I'd report griefing. At the least, it's going to be noted on their file, and after a while it'll add up, and the abuses with catch them.
    Yes, it will. It's called giving them enough rope to hang themselves. It's a dot, cummilating in a burst of ban.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    What the heck, THEY were the jerks, dude. :P Keep soloing the damn bastards, that's what I do with my DK! Got 2/3 of the mounts so far. ^^

Also, at least they weren't the "Drag everything within a 40 mile radius onto you" because there is no defense for that.

I especially like when a tank shows up while you are soloing Warbringers and taunts it to evade bug the thing. Such a bitch move.