The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    How is he gonna scam you if you have a trusted middleman.
    Do I really need to logically disassemble your statement, even though I never said anything provoking your response? Ok, I'll bite.

'A trusted middleman'
    1) Whose middleman? Yours, his?
    2) If his, why would you trust his? If yours, why would he trust yours? If a stranger, why would either of you trust him?
    3) 'How is he gonna scam you if...': Insert any situation for the ellipses and I guarantee it has been done or will be done in our human history.
    4) The only way your suggestion is even applicable is when all parties already know eachother.

Steam trades work as you can see what you are getting in real time, much like how trade windows work in MMOs. But by all means, please provide some more carefree and poor suggestions for people. Need to refill the pool of Nigerian Prince subjects.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Stuff
    Your post would've been oh so very relevant.
    If Steamrep.com didn't exist and had trusted middlemen.
    But nice try.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your post would've been oh so very relevant.
    If Steamrep.com didn't exist and had trusted middlemen.
    But nice try.
    Your advertisement of the website would be great if scammers didn't exist there. Except you know...it exists because scammers exist, so as with anything you are taking a risk. But please continue being offended while criticising fair warning. No need to be so upset just because people give the internet equivalent of 'be careful'.

Less immaturity next time, thanks.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Read up on Andy Kaufman, he was a known prankster and did wild things to get publicity.

Wait, I didn't fully think that through...you can't find anything about Andy Kaufman? Really?
    I was looking at his Wikipedia page and wasn't making any connections. That was before I had breakfast, though, so I could have just missed everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I was looking at his Wikipedia page and wasn't making any connections. That was before I had breakfast, though, so I could have just missed everything.
    He is the basis for REMs man on the moon, thats the only reason I know of him.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He is the basis for REMs man on the moon, thats the only reason I know of him.
    I know we are getting severely off-topic but I want to mention real quickly that there's a really good documentary based on his life. Even if you have never heard of Kaufman you should definitely watch it. This man was a troll god.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    being offended
    u wot m8 ?

No need to be so upset just because people give the internet equivalent of 'be careful'.
    No, you told him to stay entirely clear, not to be careful, you're even misrepresenting yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno where else to post it but, fuck yes Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale is on sale for $4.99 as Today's Deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Dunno where else to post it but, fuck yes Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale is on sale for $4.99 as Today's Deal.
    Damn you steam, my spending days were meant to be over, bought this now too.

Hopefully it will make up for the travesty of dishonored, a game that belongs in 2008, bad graphics, terrible stealth mechanics and a stupid storyline.

Deleted
    Even with a trusted middleman, you can scam codes easily. How can the middleman confirm the wow code is genuine, or the game code, without some independent method of verifying it?

Also, Andy Kaufman was very very funny. He was a great troll, but mostly harmless. He was no worse than someone doing punk'd or other candid camera shows, but his scope was so much bigger, be punk'd whole crowds of people (the wrestling matches, the reading of the great gatsby). He had a very clear idea what he thought was funny, and if you didn't agree, then he wasn't about to change his act.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Even with a trusted middleman, you can scam codes easily. How can the middleman confirm the wow code is genuine, or the game code, without some independent method of verifying it?
    I can't remember if after entering CD keys on Steam, it's already added to your library. If it doesn't and you get the 'list of things added', it could work. I dunno.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember if after entering CD keys on Steam, it's already added to your library. If it doesn't and you get the 'list of things added', it could work. I dunno.
    yes it is, as soon you enter the key and press ok, steam add it to your library (after a online check), the next input you then get from steam is whether you want to install it or not.

i have no clue what happen if you already own the game though.

For those interested, there's a big sale on all ID/Bethesda games from August 1-4 as part of Steam's Quakecon weekend sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish I could trade my dishonored for something in those lists.