Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Is 5.4 the last major PVE content patch?

    All expansions (except Wrath) have 3 tiers.
    5.4 will be the third Tier set for MOP. Does that mean it's the end game raid? Or will there be a fourth tier set?
    If it is, when do you think we can expect the next expansion?

  2. #2
    With season 15 achievements and items showing up in the PTR with the name "Prideful" makes me think that there will be a 4th tier to go with it.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  3. #3
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    With season 15 achievements and items showing up in the PTR with the name "Prideful" makes me think that there will be a 4th tier to go with it.
    Blizz said all along SoO was the end. We kill Garrosh, defeat Y'shaarj's plan to be revived, and kill the final Sha.

    There is nowhere else for the story to go unless we start into the next expansion's storyline. And that won't be a new tier, it'd be a filler at best.

    SoO is the final tier of MoP. There may be a 5.5 "daily patch" to help tie SoO into Expansion V.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    I'm expecting 7.0 revealed at Blizzcon. They want yearly expansions after all. If they don't reveal it, I'll be happy as it means Quality is still before Quantity in Irving.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Aztrazolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    525
    One of the recent developer chats/interviews saw Blizzard kind of dodging whether 5.4 was it. It's for sure the last raid tier. But There's no way they're going to make us park on 5.4 until the next expansion, which I'm betting launches around Christmas.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Blizz said all along SoO was the end. We kill Garrosh, defeat Y'shaarj's plan to be revived, and kill the final Sha.

    There is nowhere else for the story to go unless we start into the next expansion's storyline. And that won't be a new tier, it'd be a filler at best.

    SoO is the final tier of MoP. There may be a 5.5 "daily patch" to help tie SoO into Expansion V.
    Blizzard have said a lot of things that they changed their minds on.
    And there is plenty the story can go with a 4th tier.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    One of the recent developer chats/interviews saw Blizzard kind of dodging whether 5.4 was it. It's for sure the last raid tier. But There's no way they're going to make us park on 5.4 until the next expansion, which I'm betting launches around Christmas.

    Next expansion, Christmas? That's like 5 months away and there hasn't even been a sniff of a beta, no way that is happening.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    One of the recent developer chats/interviews saw Blizzard kind of dodging whether 5.4 was it. It's for sure the last raid tier. But There's no way they're going to make us park on 5.4 until the next expansion, which I'm betting launches around Christmas.
    When do you think 5.4 will launch?
    Like you said, there's no way Blizzard would make us sit on 5.4 until the next expansion, unless the next expansion releases in Q1 or Q2 of 2014.
    MOP has been rolling out patches at a fast pace compared to previous xpacs. So I feel like the next one may be closer than we think. Im anxiously awaiting Blizzcon 2013.

  8. #8
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Blizzard have said a lot of things that they changed their minds on.
    And there is plenty the story can go with a 4th tier.
    What? A single-boss raid against Wrathion?

    There is nowhere else to go that isn't better served as an expansion. Sure, we could toss Azshara in there, but it would not do her character justice.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    I'm expecting 7.0 revealed at Blizzcon. They want yearly expansions after all. If they don't reveal it, I'll be happy as it means Quality is still before Quantity in Irving.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Aztrazolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Next expansion, Christmas? That's like 5 months away and there hasn't even been a sniff of a beta, no way that is happening.

    Yeah, I thought about that as soon as I posted. I think we can expect it sooner than many people may expect, but not Christmas.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

  10. #10
    I expect 5.4 will be the last Raid Tier. I'm expecting a 5.5 patch that ties up a few loose ends (put Org in it's post-siege form, new warchief on the throne, clean up the Barrens, etc.) and have a questline that sets the stage for 6.0.

    I'm personally hoping for 3 questlines.

    Horde Only: Say Hello To The New Boss. Deals with the new guy in charge, and cleaning up the battle damage to Org.
    Alliance Only: Victory Celebration! A big party in Stormwind, reminiscent of the end of Return of the Jedi, fireworks and crowded streets of revelers. Probably end with a big speech by Varian.
    Neutral: The New Enemy. This reveals/hints at the next expansion.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-07-10 at 06:50 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    What? A single-boss raid against Wrathion?

    There is nowhere else to go that isn't better served as an expansion. Sure, we could toss Azshara in there, but it would not do her character justice.
    Wrathion will never be a raid boss (or at least anytime soon).
    And they add new islands like it's nothing. You underestimate what Blizzard can come up with.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Aztrazolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    When do you think 5.4 will launch?
    Like you said, there's no way Blizzard would make us sit on 5.4 until the next expansion, unless the next expansion releases in Q1 or Q2 of 2014.
    MOP has been rolling out patches at a fast pace compared to previous xpacs. So I feel like the next one may be closer than we think. Im anxiously awaiting Blizzcon 2013.
    I'm betting we'll see the release candidate very soon on the PTR. Launch is usually within just a few weeks after you see the release candidate. End of August by the latest, I'd estimate. And I can't wait for Blizzcon either. Very excited to hear about the next expansion.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

  13. #13
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wrathion will never be a raid boss (or at least anytime soon).
    And they add new islands like it's nothing. You underestimate what Blizzard can come up with.
    You underestimate the STORY of MoP. If the story is over, the content is over. We do not want another Sunwell fiasco where the villain Blizz and the Fans have built up for the whole expansion is swept aside because "we need more time."

    Plain and simple, either Expansion V comes earlier than previous expansions, or SoO runs longer than DS did.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    I'm expecting 7.0 revealed at Blizzcon. They want yearly expansions after all. If they don't reveal it, I'll be happy as it means Quality is still before Quantity in Irving.

  14. #14
    Next expac might be sometime early next year. 5.4 could be around for a long time, but knowing Blizz they'd do another promo like the annual pass which allows access to the beta which will probably start in the fall.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Aztrazolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You underestimate the STORY of MoP. If the story is over, the content is over. We do not want another Sunwell fiasco where the villain Blizz and the Fans have built up for the whole expansion is swept aside because "we need more time."

    Plain and simple, either Expansion V comes earlier than previous expansions, or SoO runs longer than DS did.
    Oh please God no...that was horrible. But in regards to Sunwell, Blizzard has stated over and over again that Sunwell was planned all along. It wasn't tacked on to buy time.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You underestimate the STORY of MoP. If the story is over, the content is over. We do not want another Sunwell fiasco where the villain Blizz and the Fans have built up for the whole expansion is swept aside because "we need more time."

    Plain and simple, either Expansion V comes earlier than previous expansions, or SoO runs longer than DS did.
    This. I think 5.4 should be the end of MOP. I don't want another Sunwell (even though I did like the raid) or even another Ruby Sanctum.
    5.4 can't be out for a year before the next expansion hits. The next expansion will basically have to come out in early 2014.

  17. #17
    As for last major PVE content patch? Yes.

    I'm sure we will see some type of filler raid to flow into the new expansion.

    SoO will be out probably 1st or 2nd week of August I assume. By Blizzcon only the real elite guilds will have experienced the majority or all of SoO (with heroics). Blizzcon will reveal the new expansion. So I'd say honestly we will be looking at the new expansion by Spring 2014.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Taustin View Post
    As for last major PVE content patch? Yes.

    I'm sure we will see some type of filler raid to flow into the new expansion.

    SoO will be out probably 1st or 2nd week of August I assume. By Blizzcon only the real elite guilds will have experienced the majority or all of SoO (with heroics). Blizzcon will reveal the new expansion. So I'd say honestly we will be looking at the new expansion by Spring 2014.
    This is a good estimate, I definitely agree.
    I really hope we see the next expansion before Summer 2014.
    Most expansions last about 2 years, I hope Pandaria doesn't last that long to be honest haha.

  19. #19
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    88
    Since we probably have about 4 more weeks of this patch, then 6 months of the grievous arena season, and a few weeks of pre-expansion hype/content; I'd predict March 2014 for next expansion.
    Blizzcon will probably be like the last one. Expansion announcement and details and annual pass announcement.
    5.4 most likely is the last major content of MoP. Probably a 5.5 for mid arena season changes and maybe new dailies tied to the build of the next expansion (like dokhidamo above said).

  20. #20
    I hope so ;p I hope the new xpac is soon on the horizon too, cant wait to resub and try it out. I detest MoP totally, it just really does nothing for me at all like TBC and WOTLK did.. just hope the new xpac is gonna be good and interesting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •