Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Give Justice Points the boot.

Yup. They need to go. Pointless (ha) currency thats just an annoying part of the gearing paradigm now cause of tradition. How to get rid of them? Easy.

- Put all blue and entry epics behind faction vendors rep requirements much like BC/MoP for gold, not JP.
    - Put Heirlooms up for gold as well.
    - Old JP gear is converted to gold also.

JP is an annoyingly pointless thing to grind that no one wants to go get. VP and gold should be the only standard endgame currencies we have to worry about. If a specific faction has specific tokens? Fine do it. But JP just really serves no real purpose other than to annoy the crap out of people trying to get it. Who wants to farm 15-20 heroics for an heirloom or two or twice as many scenarios? Not I.

10+ Year Old Account
    It hardly takes 15-25 dungeons for one piece of boa. Dont get rid of JP, but they need to have a place. They need to add something or do something with them to make them more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it is more fun/productive to farm JP than it is to farm gold.
    Unless we're talking about 10g / 1000 JP vendor wise.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    See thats the problem they just serve as a mid currency and I've thought of nothing to really make them better, I don't think they're fixable hence removal.

Seriously? Gold is NOT that hard to get and I'm not talking tons either. 100-300 range for 'current' gear and put heirlooms in line with the guild vendor gold ones. 1.5-3k (weapons would be higher obv).

10+ Year Old Account
    Justice served a perfectly fine purpose in the gearing process in Cataclysm. It was just...sort of screwed up in MoP. Seems like they're going back to the Cataclysm model with 5.4 moving most of the Valor gear to Justice, which is good.

Heirlooms you can at least get with Darkmoon Faire tickets, which are easy to get...you just can't really grind for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, shouldn't be removed at all. Else you would market towards gold hoarding for levelling instead of hunting for points. I don't care if you need reputation for items, they are a shortcut, yes. But else, just do dungeons if you dislike it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The problem with JP is post the nerf to income from them they have become really pointless. With the amount earned per boss it still feels like a chore to get heirlooms gear let alone upgrade it so you can keep it in along the leveling route to 85.

Now if the buffed the income rate and made them award simply tranmog/heirloom gear I would be fine with that.

Also... REMOVE ALL FUCKING REP REQUIREMENTS FROM GEAR! That or only have those without a cost/low cost of purchase. As it stands rep gear is gated behind two different throttles. We only need 1 and even then using VP on rep gear feels shit given I could use 1 weeks cap to either upgrade 2 items fully or whatever.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    15-20 dungeons? It's 120jp a boss, or 18 bosses or so for one 2175 JP BoA. There are around 4 bosses per dungeon so you'd do 5, at most, per item, not 15 to 20.

JP serves a useful purpose still. It's great for getting geared up to jump into newer content as the expansion progresses and for trade goods/PvP conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    The problem with JP is post the nerf to income from them they have become really pointless. With the amount earned per boss it still feels like a chore to get heirlooms gear let alone upgrade it so you can keep it in along the leveling route to 85.

Now if the buffed the income rate and made them award simply tranmog/heirloom gear I would be fine with that.

Also... REMOVE ALL FUCKING REP REQUIREMENTS FROM GEAR! That or only have those without a cost/low cost of purchase. As it stands rep gear is gated behind two different throttles. We only need 1 and even then using VP on rep gear feels shit given I could use 1 weeks cap to either upgrade 2 items fully or whatever.
    They're removing all rep requirements and changing current VP gear to JP next patch

This is a good blue post or in the actual Blizz forums. I'm not a serious JP grinder but yes I find them very useless. First all you can buy with JP are blues which maybe at start expansion help you get into starting raiding but again after that they are useless. I thought by now that like you said they would make some of the lower item level purple (I think ilevel 483?) and convert them to JP points so you can now get alts quicker into raids. Now I know this is a fine line between giving people access to gear to raid with alts and just allowing people to get easy gear, which people always cry about but again I am mostly sitting on my cap JP points and not spending them on anything.

I have always found Blizz faction rep and now JP points never to sink up. Before MoP, by the time you hit say revered or exalted to buy faction gear by then you already had purchased higher ileve gear or have already raided so I never bought faction gear to get me started. Now again it seems JP points are in same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the're becoming more useful for alts in 5.4 I"ll give you that. Ok I exaggerated on the amount of dungeons but still you'd need about that many to 'loom' your next character. I really see them as more a hindrance than a convenience overall though. And yes JP and rep should never be an item gate, VP and raid rep? Yeah ok but not for entry blues.

Jp have been a complete waste this entire expansion, even when you first ding 90 it is so inconvenient to use them because the venders are in the middle of no where. The blues you can get with them are garbage, not even as good as 5 man gear. You can trade them in for honor which is just silly. Just run a few dungeons and get into lfr. The gearing process has been so screwed up this xpac blizz actually had to put out a guide lol

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree to an extent that JP is pointless, it's only pointless if there's nothing you want to buy with it. I'm currently almost capped with JP and have no idea what to get with it, though I'm sure I can just buy some cheap gear and vendor it for gold. If you want something, such as BoA gear, I think you should have to work at it instead of simply being given the stuff. Justice allows for the flexibility of buying items for a currency without having to do dailies for rep.

Idk about you, but I'll take grinding dungeons over dailies any day.

JP works just fine. The issue is that JP was mostly killed this expansion and is only getting some love finally for 5.4.

They won't make those items cost gold, and if they did, they would be way to expensive for the average player to deal with. Just buying that green cataclysm and mop gear from the starting zone vendors can feel a bit expensive when you are trying to outfit yourself in a whole set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    JP works just fine. The issue is that JP was mostly killed this expansion and is only getting some love finally for 5.4.

They won't make those items cost gold, and if they did, they would be way to expensive for the average player to deal with. Just buying that green cataclysm and mop gear from the starting zone vendors can feel a bit expensive when you are trying to outfit yourself in a whole set.
    Do you not loot the sparkly things when they die? O.o I don't mean to be rude but really I don't see how people aren't carrying at least 2-10k as pocket change these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    they dont need removal they just need to make the currency useful. the two tier currency works, if there's worthwhile things to buy.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Justice served a perfectly fine purpose in the gearing process in Cataclysm. It was just...sort of screwed up in MoP. Seems like they're going back to the Cataclysm model with 5.4 moving most of the Valor gear to Justice, which is good.

Heirlooms you can at least get with Darkmoon Faire tickets, which are easy to get...you just can't really grind for them.
    The changes for 5.4 should have come with 5.2 just like they have been since WotLK.

But if it was up to me, there would be one universal currency with which you could buy PvP and PvE gear. Thus you could choose what you find to be the easier path to gear up and do so reliably; it would completely lift the headache of being stomped all over in bgs to gear up for pvp while not having to suffer the jp to hp exchange rate. Also, just like tBC, gear for the latest tier would use the same currency but just be flat out more expensive than ones from an earlier tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe jp farming could have a purpose. Set up jp stands to sell your stuff for. Imagine making a 422 piece of gear and setting up a booth with some flasks and gems and selling it all for jp instead of gold. It could be another currency and have more uses then currently. They could add pets and mounts to the venders. 2500jp per pet and 12500 for a mount. I would love that.

Why get rid of JP? Just make it useful again.

When Shado-Pan Assault gear was added, and the old Valor gear was reduced in price, did anyone ever buy the cheaper ilvl 489 stuff? Myself, I just got to 460 ASAP on all my alts without wasting my Valor on outdated gear and went straight to LFR. In other words I have not bought a single piece of 489 Valor gear since 5.2, and I have not spent a single point of Justice on gear since then either, except heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The changes for 5.4 should have come with 5.2 just like they have been since WotLK.

But if it was up to me, there would be one universal currency with which you could buy PvP and PvE gear. Thus you could choose what you find to be the easier path to gear up and do so reliably; it would completely lift the headache of being stomped all over in bgs to gear up for pvp while not having to suffer the jp to hp exchange rate. Also, just like tBC, gear for the latest tier would use the same currency but just be flat out more expensive than ones from an earlier tier.
    Well two reasons there are two currencies is to one, limit the rate in which you can acquire top-level gear through a weekly cap, and two, provide a farmable currency that can be used for other things. JP fits that role. If we changed to only one currency you'd force people to either play only PvE or PvP, or you'd have to remove or increase the cap which would allow for epic grinding. Then that would lead to people claiming Blizzard is forcing them to cap outrageous amounts of Currency XXXX and they're burned out...

...and we'd be back to two currencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next patch will make JPs useful again for catching up alts. Most stuff that costs VP now will cost JP then.