[Shadow] Priest DPS help?

Hi,

My wife and I play wow together. while I strive to spending a good amount of time looking up my characters and doing the best that I possibly can, my wife is not really that interested in doing any of that. Don't get me wrong, she'll get online and read Icy Veins, or watch Shadow How-To videos online, but her dps is a bit low at times. Often times we'll look things up together after she doesn't do particularly hot, and she'll say how thats exactly what she does!

Needless to say, I'm not playing the character, and by no means am I an expert on priests, but I know it makes her feel good when she beats out the rest of a raid team, and I know it makes her happy when she does beat my dps, except I'm not in the market to drop my dps just to let her win :-D. ANY ways. I DON"T have any logs for her, but will probably do LFR or something tonight, and can maybe grab one and put it on here. BUT here is her armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...isslazy/simple Please note - that she uses Ask Mr Robot & sometimes Reforge Lite to Gem/Enchant/Reforge her gear.

I CAN say she has a 515 ilvl, and on most fights, she ends longer fights with between 70-90k and has little to no burst at the beginning of the fight. Its like her dps slowly ramps up, and then sustains the same for most of the fight.

Thanks for any help you can give!

She's high enough item level that she should be using haste gems pretty exclusively. Quick in yellows, reckless in reds, and energizing in blues. Quicks in prismatic as well. The dps actually isn't that bad. She won't have much burst at the top of a fight with those trinkets, it really doesn't start becoming bursty till atleast the lei shen trinket. I suggest running with Power Infusion instead of Twist of Fate on most fights, unless she's already switching the talent on fights like primordius / horridon.

Sorry for formatting, on my phone

can we stop posting separate threads for these? there's a fix my dps thread.

also, there's not much to say without logs - other than pointing out that you aren't going to do good dps as shadow with a low ilvl and very low haste. her one int/crit gem should probably be int/haste, but it's going to make a huge difference. also, any armor piece with no haste on it should be reforged to have haste - could maybe squeeze another 500-600ish haste by doing that.

as far as shadow ramp up goes, that's just how life is. if you can't start a fight with 3 orbs, your burst will be terrible.

my apologies, good sir, thank you for pointing me to that thread, yet still providing some information. I'll make sure to post there instead. If its possible for a mod to close this thread, I'll post there once I have logs.

Thanks for the insight!

Deleted
    She currently uses the T14 reforging set that AMR sets as standard for SP's. That's why she currently sticks to the 8085 hastecap (which she shouldactually lower due to being a Goblin) and why she has a "potent" gem in her gear.

She should very well be able to go all-out-haste. Crit is still the second stat until she gets the Legendary Meta, or Unerring Vision from Lei Shen.

What this means: Go reckless in red, Quick in yellow, and energized in blue sockets. Reforge to max haste after the hit cap. Crit comes in next and mastery is the weakest of stats. Also, Pandaren's step isn't what you want as a SP. Using Glyph of Mind Flay is better, and using Body and Soul or Angelic Feathers to run about is a better option. The 8% movenebt will drown in either options. They don't stack. Go Haste!

The choice of gloves from the SPA wasn't the best one. I can guess WHY she chose them though, since she was holding fast to the T14 reforging. Then crit/spi would be fine. With max haste, the others would have been a better choice. Still, no man overboard, they work fine

A proper analysis can indeed only be done with logs. I wanted to post here anyway, even if there is a different thread. MAkes it feel a bit more personal!