Thread: Heroic Lei Shen

Heroic Lei Shen

I will be starting heroic lei shen this week and am looking for some advice. I had some trouble finding a thread to exactly what I am looking for so I apologize in advance if there is already a current thread up about this.

What I do know: Mastery > haste and use dark bargain for solo soak.

What I'm unsure of: Should I am for a certain haste breakpoint or just go full mastery over haste. Should I be using Glyph of everlasting or no? Should I just aim for 8100 haste and rest mastery? How is solo soak handled exactly? I'm assuming Dark bargain right before static shock explodes > UR > healthstone?

Thank you well in advance for any advice and will be greatly appreciated Again sorry if a post like this already exists. Feel free to post it if one does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemo View Post
    I will be starting heroic lei shen this week and am looking for some advice. I had some trouble finding a thread to exactly what I am looking for so I apologize in advance if there is already a current thread up about this.

What I'm unsure of: Should I am for a certain haste breakpoint or just go full mastery over haste. Should I be using Glyph of everlasting or no? Should I just aim for 8100 haste and rest mastery? How is solo soak handled exactly? I'm assuming Dark bargain right before static shock explodes > UR > healthstone?

Thank you well in advance for any advice and will be greatly appreciated Again sorry if a post like this already exists. Feel free to post it if one does.
    Use Everlasting Affliction if you have UVLS, same as normal.
    Go full Mastery if AoE is your concern, otherwise I'd suggest 8100 Haste. Most likely full Mastery.
    To Solo Soak, pop Dark Bargain + Unending Resolve 1 second before Static Shock is about to expire. After the explosion, cancel your Dark Bargain (either by clicking the buff off or using /cancelaura Dark Bargain). This way you get a double dipping effect from Unending Resolve (since it further reduces the DoT from dark bargain). This way you won't need any heals as long as you're topped. Healthstone with glyph for good measure though.

I assume you're Affliction since you're talking about Glyph of Everlasting Affliction.

You're probably going to be getting quite a bit of uptime on MG on Lei-shen, so I'd say stack haste for them sweet RPPM procs and roll those super DoTs. SB:SS/SB:SoC on the Ball Lightnings; if you're raid is doing them correctly you'll only have at most 3 and they'll die pretty fast once they get close to melee range. It'll be important to handle those during P3 so keep that in mind. Shadowfury was nice to keep them from hoping around too much.

Oh, make sure you use your Gateway. I can't count how many times it's saved someone in the raid. In fact, if you have enough haste, you can take advantage of the multiple gateway trick to cover 2/3 platforms instead of just your own (or you can put multiple on your platform to give people more places to click it if they happen to be in a bad position).

Gateway again in P3 for Thunderstruck cheesing as well. This portion isn't so much a DPS race as it is a survival phase.

All in all, with current gear levels, Lei Shen should go down relatively quick.

Thank you very much for the quick response evrelia. Much appreciated.

I apologze if this is a stupid question but I'm not entirely understanding of why I should cancel dark bargain after the explosion. Guess I'm just not understanding the "double dipping" part of it lol

@ Derishi I would of course be going demo for lei shen :P

Thank you very much for the quick response evrelia. Much appreciated.

I apologze if this is a stupid question but I'm not entirely understanding of why I should cancel dark bargain after the explosion. Guess I'm just not understanding the "double dipping" part of it lol

@ Derishi I would of course be going demo for lei shen :P
    Normally DB lasts 8 seconds so UR only really works for the initial hits.

However, by canceling the aura early you can have UR up for most of the DoT portion as well as the initial damage. As a result DB+UR is super powerful as you're reducing the initial hit by 40% with UR, absorbing half of that damage with DB, and then further reducing the 40% reduced damage by 40% again.

By using DB+UR at the right time UR will lessen the amount of the detonation and also reduce the damage you take from the dark bargain dot. You just have to use UR in the last second before the detonation. I recall there was a time when DB dot damage was shadow and could be absorbed by twilight ward but I think its not anymore. A glyph'd HS will offset the dot nicely regardless.

Also your strat varies a bit depending on if you are 10m or 25m. If 10 you can play quite a bit more flexibly regarding ball lightning. On 25m you are counting on a aoe grip into pre immo aura > CWx2 > carrion wave (glyphd) > voidray. 10m you can dot them and kill them separately.

Demo plays the same as it always does you just need to work out timings on when to use your cooldowns and learn to hold your HoG charges during the later phases to max ball DPS (again, if 25m). Higher mastery is higher burst and often if you can manage balls properly boss dps is less critical. If you are 8100 haste > mastery that is a safe place to be. At higher ilvl often you'll be above 8100 haste even gemmed/forged for mastery. Unless your raid dps is really high you probably will get time for 2x darksouls in p1. If you can get a UVLS doom on him before a transition do so just so you can come out of it with a ton of imps.

Ahhh Ok now I understand the whole double dipping thing. Thats really nice haha. Thank you all for the responses! Very much appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    To Solo Soak, pop Dark Bargain + Unending Resolve 1 second before Static Shock is about to expire. After the explosion, cancel your Dark Bargain (either by clicking the buff off or using /cancelaura Dark Bargain). This way you get a double dipping effect from Unending Resolve (since it further reduces the DoT from dark bargain). This way you won't need any heals as long as you're topped. Healthstone with glyph for good measure though.
    Personally i just use DB as soon as i get the debuff, it will fall off about a second after the actual damage. It comes down to the same, but it's 1 less button to press, and who knows, you may even take damage from the adds chain lightning or whatever during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by Derishi View Post
    I assume you're Affliction since you're talking about Glyph of Everlasting Affliction.
    Glyph of Everlasting Affliction is only worth using as Demo with UVLS - it's not worth taking for Affliction.

10+ Year Old Account

The key to this fight is numbers. Nothing else. AoE numbers. And demo can pump out the deeps in this regard. So a few important things to go over.

1-Single target is bad. You want to have as many targets as possible up
    2-During diffusion chain make sure you are within other ranged members to create adds
    3-Pop potion, gloves, Infernal, DS, meta, Immo aura, felstorm, and start beastin
    4-Continue to beast
    5-More beastin
    6-Don't stop beastin

Rinse/repeat
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

What would you guys recommend? KJC or Mannoroths?

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post

2-During diffusion chain make sure you are within other ranged members to create adds

Rinse/repeat
    This is horrible, horrible advice.

For soaking with DB I use this macro

/cancelaura Dark Bargain
    /cast Dark Bargain
    /cast Unending Resolve

because fuck pushing multiple buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    For soaking with DB I use this macro

/cancelaura Dark Bargain
    /cast Dark Bargain
    /cast Unending Resolve

because fuck pushing multiple buttons.
    Just be sure not to spam the button...

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Just be sure not to spam the button...
    I don't spam shit, I'm deliberate.

I'm also lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    The key to this fight is numbers. Nothing else. AoE numbers. And demo can pump out the deeps in this regard. So a few important things to go over.

3-Pop potion, gloves, Infernal, DS, meta, Immo aura, felstorm, and start beastin
    4-Continue to beast
    5-More beastin
    6-Don't stop beastin

Rinse/repeat
    Beast/10

This is really good advice.

15+ Year Old Account
    You forgot Chaos Wave. If you'd mentioned saving HoG charges for adds (specifically, waves of Ball Lightnings), your post might have accidentally been helpful.

(and Grimoire: Felguard)

Deleted

4-Continue to beast
    5-More beastin
    6-Don't stop beastin

Rinse/repeat
    I'm quite sure this is just a troll, and i'm also quite sure this is absolutely not what the OP is looking for.

As for the KJC vs. MF question that really is personal preference. Towards the end of the fight is where it is really necessary since the rest of it you tend to be standing still until you need to move for thunderstruck.

I am assuming that moving during thunderstruck you will be in meta and moving in for ball lightning adds you will also already be in meta.

So the only movement+casting you would need to do is as you are being pushed by the wind in Phase 3.

My guild just downed this fight the other week. We had 3 warlocks, 2 ran KJC and 1 ran MF. MF did significantly more ball lightning damage due to where the adds ended up being gripped and the range on a non-MF Immo Aura. If adds are being gripped ot the same spot every time I would personally take KJC to help with MC execute spam in Phase 3. If you have 3 DKs where 2 of them fight to grip, I would suggest MF, or reaching through the interwebs and slapping one of the DKs for being dumb. Both methods I hear are rather effective.

Edit: That grammar.

4-Continue to beast
    5-More beastin
    6-Don't stop beastin

Rinse/repeat
    7 - Get kicked by your raid leader for "not being able to watch you stupid proximity-radar you dumb *beeep*"