PVP Rifts not working?

I opened a pvp rift after buying the ability just for fun and it was pretty enjoyable, some of the people leveling in my guild come over to help out and I went to a raid tear earlier today to do it again and it said I had to be on the continent of Mathosia (I was in Shimmersand) while a pvp rift tear wasn't already opened--I was really confused because there wasn't one going on. Anyone else having problems with this?

IIRC they didn't put them in SL content because they didn't really work all that well : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    IIRC they didn't put them in SL content because they didn't really work all that well : /

Yeah I saw that so I opened a few on the old world for some easy points/because my guildies wanted to see what it was like but now I can't even open them in Mathosia I dunno what's going on.

I understand why they didn't update them because they don't like that they can't balance open world pvp at all.
    Last edited by Recondition; 2013-07-09 at 01:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    Yeah I saw that so I opened a few on the old world for some easy points/because my guildies wanted to see what it was like but now I can't even open them in Mathosia I dunno what's going on.

I understand why they didn't update them because they don't like that they can't balance open world pvp at all.
    On each shard only One pvp rift can be open at a time. They can be opened from raid tears in shimmersand, stillmoor, or iron pine. If there is already a pvp rift open somewhere on your shard, you wont be able to open another til that one closes.

As for why they never made it to SL - because they were a complete and utter failure that went entirely unused after the first couple weeks of novelty wore off.
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    On each shard only One pvp rift can be open at a time. They can be opened from raid tears in shimmersand, stillmoor, or iron pine. If there is already a pvp rift open somewhere on your shard, you wont be able to open another til that one closes.

As for why they never made it to SL - because they were a complete and utter failure that went entirely unused after the first couple weeks of novelty wore off.
    It looks like it's a bit of a zerg fest. I didn't see any one on my shard but I didn't look that thoroughly--someone told me it was but it was open both times I went to open it today and last night so I'm guessing it's bugged and will be fixed at reset because they only stay up for ~20 minutes

Deleted
    PVP Rifts where highly considered a failure, even by the lead game developer himself, Daglar!

They didn't bring any sort of competitive PVP or enjoyment, just running a lot of stones back and forth while some max ranked characters just went around and ganked everyone. That's why they are not in Storm Legion and will most likely never be making a return. However it has been mentioned they are looking into PVP Instant Adventure, which if they can pull that off correctly will be absolutely amazing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    PVP Rifts where highly considered a failure, even by the lead game developer himself, Daglar!

They didn't bring any sort of competitive PVP or enjoyment, just running a lot of stones back and forth while some max ranked characters just went around and ganked everyone. That's why they are not in Storm Legion and will most likely never be making a return. However it has been mentioned they are looking into PVP Instant Adventure, which if they can pull that off correctly will be absolutely amazing!
    for anybody who plays defiance, what i wouldnt mind seeing is a rift version of "Shadow War"

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    for anybody who plays defiance, what i wouldnt mind seeing is a rift version of "Shadow War"
    That's sorta what Conquest is though, no? A much rougher version of it designed for an entirely different combat system, but the premise is similar (large scale combat in a big map focused on controlling points etc.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    That's sorta what Conquest is though, no? A much rougher version of it designed for an entirely different combat system, but the premise is similar (large scale combat in a big map focused on controlling points etc.)
    partly but not really - what people want is pvp not PvE(xtractor)

- - - Updated - - -

I actually went ahead and fleshed this out a bit. But i could easily see something like this entirely replacing conquest http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-thoughts.html