Enhancement Help

As a little bit of a preface I know that I am on an RP realm and my gear is not astoundingly good or anything but my little guild wants to start doing raids soon and I want to know if I am even heading in the proper direction as far as gear/DPS goes.

My current ilevel sits at about 493 which isn't horrid for where we plan to start to acquaint the less experienced of our fold to 10 mans but I am just unsure of my own numbers/gear. It has been a long time since I've raided and I've spent all day pretty much slapping enchants on my gear though the armory may not reflect that. I just want to know how much should be expected of me in what I currently have and if there's much I can do to tweak it to be more in my favor. I know it's somewhat silly, me being on an RP realm and all and raiding casually but I like to do my best.

I still can't post links but Sakeya on Moon Guard is the character for her armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akeya/advanced
    for others.

First off, I hope you have fun! At 493 item level and on an boss with little movement you should probably be able to sustain around 100k DPS in a raid environment, but I can't exactly remember since the numbers go up so nearly-exponentially with gear these days that I could be off. That should be a safe bet. I recommend mastery over haste until you've got two normal mode trinkets and 522 gear, basically. Minor changes at a quick glance: Getting another belt socket, mastery enchant on wrists + gloves, and Glinting Imperial and Adept Vermillion gems in your shoulders+pants respectively.

I don't know how much you know or not (specifically speaking)! Just remember, you do more damage alive than dead! Know your rotation (more on that on Icy Veins below if you don't know), take it slow. Even when it looks like multiple things are happening, if your group acts accordingly you'll rarely have to worry about more than one thing at a time! Probably avoid anything that gets in your way until you become familiar with it on normal mode (it's not too different than LFR, though).

--If you're raiding, say, Throne I can give some fight-specific tips, but in general for raiding I'd just say the easiest secondary DPS gains are obviously 1) Food; 2)Agi flasks; 3) Agility potions you can use right before combat for a little boost, and then pop another one whenever your cooldowns come up a 2nd/3rd time (or when using Heroism and all that) in general.

Anything below this is just extra_____________
    --If you are unfamiliar with how to deal the most damage, talent builds, and stat priorities (mastery is probably better than haste in general for you right now) Icy Veins' puts it all pretty neatly in sections. They also give nice tips like how using your glyph for a 3 minute Fire Elemental times up nicely with Elemental Mastery (being 1.5 minutes) which you can practice later.

--A simple site for getting optimal reforging without downloading anything is wowreforge.com. Main note is to hit "Clear" on the bottom right, set how close you want it to get to 2549 hit/exp on the left, then hit Optimize. Anything that's in red on the right column can be changed. FYI, I'd leave gaining exp to reforging, so I changed it to a Glinting Imperial gem in your shoulders.

For 2/2 upgraded items you'll have to put in the right secondary stats. (Basically your trinkets at 871 and 1030. If your scenario weapon in your main-hand has more than 421 hit+crit that isn't showing up on your armory, you can click on it and enter the right values yourself)

If that doesn't work or you can't get it to work here's the summary I got.
    Head : HitRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Neck : HasteRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Shoulders : HasteRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Legs : HasteRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Feet : HasteRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Wrists : CritRating -> HitRating
    Hands : CritRating -> MasteryRating
    Ring1 : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ring2 : CritRating -> MasteryRating
    Back : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    MainHand : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    OffHand : HasteRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Last edited by Shibboleths; 2013-07-10 at 11:33 PM.

Thank you for your reply!

I've raided enhance in the past so i didn't feel totally lost but you're input definitely helped.

My main problem is there are so many conflicting references. I used askmrrobot for my current gemming and reforges but your other site says that was dead wrong.

Perhaps I was wrong trusting askmrrobot in the first place. I've been holding around 60-70k self buffed DPS on a dummy and 100kish on fights that aren't terrible for melee so I feel better given the advice you just gave me. Still I am surprised to see my initial reference site was wrong. What a waste of gold. Hah.

AMR has been very good for me, this xpac.

Ask Mr. Robot is fine if you tweak it right, but sometimes wowreforge can really perfect some of it's values since AMR also gets busy doing a bunch of other stuff (gear options).

AMR is also much more convenient with upgraded items. Gems I haven't looked at, but if you don't know how to sim AMR is also probably more than fine since wowreforge you have to do that manually anyway.

Sorry if I made it look like anything was definitive. Just do what feels comfortable once you find a defined path for stats. Most of it's up to you, of course! I believe most gear options for DPS specs kind of find you "putting your eggs in one basket" so to speak. (Agility gems, mastery reforges for now)