Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How can anyone stand PvP healing in it's current state?

Honestly, I resubbed for the sole purpose of enjoying some PvP with friends. I utterly despise Blizzard and the direction they have taken both as a developer and with WoW, but I really missed PvPing with friends so for the first time since early Cata I subbed.

What the hell is with dispels having a cooldown? No one wants to dispel anything. You end up being CC'd relentlessly, from 100% -> dead, it's fucking retarded that a warlocks pet can literally CC you for 14s (8+4+2) while your entire team is slaughtered around you. Nothing seems to share Diminishing Returns anymore, it's 8s fear, 4s fear, 2s fear, 8s sheep, 4s sheep, 2s sheep, and the whole time you're being stunned, knocked back, silenced, confused, charmed, disorientated, razzle dazzled. You spend more time looking at timers ticking down til you can do something than you do actually doing something.

And another thing, why do so many DPS have so much healing. Warlocks and warriors do insane amounts of healing, I see them outheal healers. What idiot thought that was a good idea? And once again I see that the newest class (Monk) are OP as fuck, as if Blizzard shouldn't have learnt that lesson from DKs being flavour of the entire WotLK expansion.

And let's not get started on class imbalances. How is it that Hunters, Warlocks, Death Knights and Paladins have such high burst and such a large toolkit utility wise, whilst other classes such as (yes, the class I play) have fear, fear and more fear (all with shared DR, thanks Blizz!) and precious little else to escape or survive. Why are healers unable to stand up to DPS 1v1? What is the point of a healer if they cannot even keep themselves alive? Might as well go DPS.

Yes, I know this is a massive rant, and yes it's not always like this all the time, there are some good games, but honestly I cannot believe how bad PvP is right now in general. No wonder millions have left this expansion. I've just joined them, unsubbing again and apologizing to friends but I just can't play this shit.

Next patch will fix it.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Next patch will fix it.
    Heard that before. What's (supposedly) changing in 5.4?

Supposedly they're looking at CC, oh and hunters and ferals will be taking a pounding. Outside of that things aren't too bad, it's just very different to earlier seasons. Monks aren't too bad once you get used to their abilities, but if you're playing as disc (which I'm guessing you are), DKs are a real problem. It might be worth getting used to the new class abilities then seeing how things go in 5.4, Blizzard are making some pretty decent changes to PVP so it looks like they may finally be listening to the rational parts of their player base.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Can't wait till those fucking huntards take a huge nerf, probably the best thing coming next patch.

"warriors do insane amounts of healing, I see them outheal healers. "

yeah, no, no they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Can't wait till those fucking huntards take a huge nerf, probably the best thing coming next patch.
    stampede buff, arcane shot +50% damage, blanket removed from bm but they still have a interupt, and they also have the choice of a intimidation, a sleep, and that stun if you move out of it. . marks getting the blanket silence portion of silencing shot, and if they wanted glyphed scatter also silences so they could trap off their partners or their own stun. heh hunters
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-07-10 at 10:34 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

And Blizzard is still thinking people don't like PvP, because it's too hard to get gear for it.

I may have only slightly above average skill in PvP but I played PvP in classic, I played in BC and also in WotLK. I started RBGs in Cata and I had fun. I farmed reputation for all Alliance factions in Alterac valley. Now MoP. I don't feel like it's fun anymore - it just depends on who has his cooldowns ready (cc, damage, whatever) or which team has more different DRs.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2013-07-10 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are not getting nerfed, they are getting a very large overall buff

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    And Blizzard is still thinking people don't like pvp, because it's too hard to get gear for it.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like PvP because of the rampant homogenisation, the out-of-control weapons' race to give everyone a counter to everything that just never ends, and I am not interested in arenas that much. That leaves me with battlegrounds, which have become infested with bots, and are little more than point-gathering exercises, since they hardly ever last long enough to be fun. If they dialed up on homogenisation and brought back fun battlegrounds, like the old Alterac Valley, I would be extremely interested to try PvP out extensively as in the past.

Don't worry, i'll still beat you, unlike these rerolls i've played my class for years

Was this necro'd from 5.1???

Cant say healing is op...healing needs to be where its at because of burst. its a vicious cycle that favors some healers, but if you want less healing, you will receive a golden platter of nerf bats for DPS. I encourage you to look at it from a healing perspective, since you are obviously DPS, and then make the same argument. (not talking about a distant alt, im talking about maining one)
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-07-10 at 11:08 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Honestly, I resubbed for the sole purpose of enjoying some PvP with friends. I utterly despise Blizzard and the direction they have taken both as a developer and with WoW, but I really missed PvPing with friends so for the first time since early Cata I subbed.

What the hell is with dispels having a cooldown? No one wants to dispel anything. You end up being CC'd relentlessly, from 100% -> dead, it's fucking retarded that a warlocks pet can literally CC you for 14s (8+4+2) while your entire team is slaughtered around you. Nothing seems to share Diminishing Returns anymore, it's 8s fear, 4s fear, 2s fear, 8s sheep, 4s sheep, 2s sheep, and the whole time you're being stunned, knocked back, silenced, confused, charmed, disorientated, razzle dazzled. You spend more time looking at timers ticking down til you can do something than you do actually doing something.

And another thing, why do so many DPS have so much healing. Warlocks and warriors do insane amounts of healing, I see them outheal healers. What idiot thought that was a good idea? And once again I see that the newest class (Monk) are OP as fuck, as if Blizzard shouldn't have learnt that lesson from DKs being flavour of the entire WotLK expansion.

And let's not get started on class imbalances. How is it that Hunters, Warlocks, Death Knights and Paladins have such high burst and such a large toolkit utility wise, whilst other classes such as (yes, the class I play) have fear, fear and more fear (all with shared DR, thanks Blizz!) and precious little else to escape or survive. Why are healers unable to stand up to DPS 1v1? What is the point of a healer if they cannot even keep themselves alive? Might as well go DPS.

Yes, I know this is a massive rant, and yes it's not always like this all the time, there are some good games, but honestly I cannot believe how bad PvP is right now in general. No wonder millions have left this expansion. I've just joined them, unsubbing again and apologizing to friends but I just can't play this shit.
    I agree with everything you just said except for the healing... Imho healing is ridiculous... I went full ascendence popped BL with 2other dps hammering on this priest and I swear the priest did not get below 80% health. I was like OMFG! As far as cc's again ridiculous stun locked till dead. You think warrior healing is bad, ever try killing a blood dk? Brings a whole new meaning to pocket healer. Whoever is balancing fixing pvp since and including cata and latter part lich... They need to be serving me coffee at Starbucks not balancing pvp for millions of players.

Deleted
    Warlocks and warriors do insane amounts of healing, I see them outheal healers.
    no they dont, its a common lie that locks outheal healers. Just do a simple math with battle fatigue. and sw heals for shit

And once again I see that the newest class (Monk) are OP as fuck
    wow, you are ether bad or you just didn't put enough time to understand the class

Why are healers unable to stand up to DPS 1v1?
    they are, unless its an unholy dk or hunter

I just can't play this shit.
    well, I agree here

Its honestly probably the worst time in the history of WoW PvP to be a healer. Compared to playing other MMOs like Rift and SW:ToR it just sucks as a healer. In those games I feel like I mean something to my teams. I actually feel like my healing makes a difference. When I BG as an Alliance healer even if Im doing top heals we still lose by 1000 points. My healing means absolutely nothing. I have been on teams where we have 3-4 healers and lose. I have had Horde win when they have no healers at all. Most of the time Im not even allowed to heal. Unlike Horde healers I dont have stealth. For some reason they are allowed to free heal as if totally invisible to our team. Yet I pretty much stay perma CCed. Even if I set up perfectly with some cover nearby to duck into to break LoS they just zerg me cause they know I want get peels or other help from my team and most of the time they are right.

Can I live through a 1v1 or even a 1v2 fight? Sure I can but that almost never happens. Usually its 4-5 on me and I cant survive that, hell no one can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Its honestly probably the worst time in the history of WoW PvP to be a healer. Compared to playing other MMOs like Rift and SW:ToR it just sucks as a healer. In those games I feel like I mean something to my teams. I actually feel like my healing makes a difference. When I BG as an Alliance healer even if Im doing top heals we still lose by 1000 points. My healing means absolutely nothing. I have been on teams where we have 3-4 healers and lose. I have had Horde win when they have no healers at all. Most of the time Im not even allowed to heal. Unlike Horde healers I dont have stealth. For some reason they are allowed to free heal as if totally invisible to our team. Yet I pretty much stay perma CCed. Even if I set up perfectly with some cover nearby to duck into to break LoS they just zerg me cause they know I want get peels or other help from my team and most of the time they are right.
    well there is your problem, you heal random bgs. No one is going to protect you there or even give a little "thank you"

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    well there is your problem, you heal random bgs. No one is going to protect you there or even give a little "thank you"

Not to compare games but when I heal in Rift or SW:ToR I get many tells or have people say in BG chat "Hey nice heals" I do have people that peel for me. I dont know why its different in WoW. Its not like other games have better players. I mean isnt it common sense to protect your healers?

Deleted
    Not to compare games but when I heal in Rift or SW:ToR I get many tells or have people say in BG chat "Hey nice heals" I do have people that peel for me. I dont know why its different in WoW. Its not like other games have better players. I mean isnt it common sense to protect your healers?
    Guess not in wow. I play on wotlk, cata and retail servers and if I queue for a random bg (prolly due to accident) people tend to suck hard, and be rude on top of that.

"dont tll me to prtect flag, I wanna pvp" - everyone

Healers have been overpowered in PvP for far too long. I, for one, and glad they actually have to earn wins now.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i really dont like that so many hybrid classes can heal them selves really well, with PvP power increasing healing. its just to much, and then the amount of CC is nuts. literally feels like soon as you go against someone its CC right away, what ever happened to being able to play your class, 1 trinket doesnt seem to do it.