Deleted

Elemental not on par, make critical strike more viable

Has anyone noticed the neglect elemental Shamans have recently received in mop. Back at in firelands we were at our prime.
    Enhancement scales amazingly and it feels like upgrades are actually upgrades. Unlike elemental which is one of the weakest range classes Imo.
    I feel as if critical strike rating is needing a real upgrade for your us, maybe give searing totem a chance on critical to give us a +% damage on our Lvb's or place a dot that if consumed by a LvB does 110% of the dots dmg aswell, then just our crappy 15% dmg on next 2 spells.

Just an idea/fantasy

Critics are welcome, lithiel, al'akir.

Provide proof that elemental shaman are weak, don't just give an opinion.

Looking at raidbots for the past 2 months, we do tend to range from middle of the pack to the lower end of the spectrum. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/ You can look at each fight on the right hand side. Durumu is definitely where we shine and Tortos is where we are lowest of the low. That is looking at all parses and not just top 100 as well.

The only classes that beat me atm is Mage and Demo Locks, so Elemental is defenetly not weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I disagree with Elemental not on par, I would say that Crit is pretty low ranked. The main problem with Crit is that Lava Burst will always crit for shaman, and its used quite often. A change such as making Lava Burst no longer a guaranteed crit would cause crit's value to rise exponentially and be higher then haste, and potentially mastery. Of course, such a change would be a bad one- Lava Burst crits are fun.

A simple change to make crit better in value would be to cause Flame Shock crits to proc Lava Surge, as was being suggested at an earlier point in time by a blue for a potential change. This would help to lower the reliance on haste a bit and increase the value of crit, without affected mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by ACRL View Post
    The only classes that beat me atm is Mage and Demo Locks, so Elemental is defenetly not weak.
    Just checking from your own logs (over last few weeks) to verify....

Jin'rokh - You were beat by a mage, a boomkin, a rogue.
    Horridon - You were beat by a rogue, a priest, and a destro lock.
    Council - You were beat by a mage, boomkin, a destro lock.
    Tortos - You were beat by a rogue, a mage.
    Megaera - You were beat by destro lock, mage, boomkin, rogue, and shadow priest.
    Ji-kun - You were beat by a rogue and a mage.
    Primo - You were beat by a shadow priest, a rogue, and a fury warrior.
    DA - You were beat by shadow priest, rogue, mage.
    IronQ - You were beat by mage and hunter.
    Twins - You were beat by mage and hunter.

It seems like the only classes not able to keep up with you or surpass you in damage are the ones you dont raid with since you are a 10 man guild. I dont think i seen a single spec that you currently raid with, that was unable to beat you on most fights. I agree with you 100% that Ele is not weak, but making bold claims like "no one can beat me except locks and mages" (with mage and lock being the 2 most powerful damage specs atm) is just silly and untrue.

While elemental is definitely in a much better spot than we have been for most tiers in a really long time, we are still mid to lower end for damage, thats a fact.
    Last edited by Angrysteel; 2013-07-18 at 11:36 PM.

^

Man I love these epic call-outs.

Anyway "I'm top the meters in my raid" is terrible, TERRIBLE metric for the performance of a class in general at the best of times.

On topic - Elemental is middle-low. Someone has to be. Be glad we're not where we were in 5.0-5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by ACRL View Post
    As anecdotal as possible.

I really think we have good secondary stat balance. None of them are really bad, even if crit is the worst.
    Ele has a long-standing scaling issue, as evidenced by the Shamanism ramp we get to know so well every expansion.

Thing is some of those fights have factors that can make other classes better. But take Ra-Den one of the most patchwerk like encounters there i am mostly on top.
    Might have been a somewhat bold statement earlier but oh well

We weren't at our prime back in Fireland, we just had a insane set bonus, the most OP bonus ever made by a very long shot. We had scalling issues already and we still do, but it's getting better.

We're already a solid spec but crit definitely needs some adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakaroth View Post
    Unlike elemental which is one of the weakest range classes Imo.
    weakest range classes Imo.
    classes Imo.
    Imo.
    ten characters

Critics are welcome, lithiel, al'akir.
    He also wanted feedback: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lithiel/simple