Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth

Private Message Character Limit

Hello there, I was wondering if there was a possibility of allowing for a higher maximum character limit in private messages.

I have been doing discussions in private messages lately, and I am oftentimes easily hitting the 10,000 character limit. Now, one would say, why not just send another message? I don't like that, because to me it breaks up the flow of a discussion, since in order to properly reply to the discussion, one must send multiple messages back.

Anyways, I am just curious if the maximum character limit in private messages could be raised, I would be quite happy if that would happen.

Thanks - Hastings
    Last edited by Hastings; 2013-07-13 at 01:28 AM.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Anyone? Bueller?
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    I honestly don't know. I imagine it's build into the forum software though and not much people can do about it
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I honestly don't know. I imagine it's build into the forum software though and not much people can do about it
    Couldn't someone just open a VBulletin editor and change the limit? I imagine it wouldn't be anything more than a line or two of code assigning the character limit (I could be very wrong, I'm not that experienced with programming so that's just me vomiting my speculation on it, and if I'm wrong please don't bite my head off whoever might have that intention)

I think it's more about how rarely people go over the 10,000 limit, judging by the number of replies you (didn't) get. What I do is, when I hit the limit, I move the text over to pastebin, and then link the pastebin together with a short blurb in the private message. It doesn't really break the flow and you have a nice chronological sequence of messages. Maybe that works for you - unless you routinely go over 60,000 characters, which is pastebin's limit.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I think it's more about how rarely people go over the 10,000 limit, judging by the number of replies you (didn't) get. What I do is, when I hit the limit, I move the text over to pastebin, and then link the pastebin together with a short blurb in the private message. It doesn't really break the flow and you have a nice chronological sequence of messages. Maybe that works for you - unless you routinely go over 60,000 characters, which is pastebin's limit.
    Thank you for the response, I've never used pastebin before but I can try it!

We don't want to increase the limit because it's a pretty rare case and we want to protect both servers and people from spam. Pastebin is a good idea though

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    We don't want to increase the limit because it's a pretty rare case and we want to protect both servers and people from spam. Pastebin is a good idea though
    Alright, thanks for the responses.