Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ok, can someone tell me whats this doom stone magatha has? never heard about it

Quote Originally Posted by Venism View Post
    So that still gives me the idea that the old gods corrupted him, not the demons.

EDIT: Then again, Deathwing was supposed to be the old gods biggest champion/weapon straight from the mouth of Metzen. So maybe I'm just completely wrong.
    I also believe the Old Gods were the ones behing Sargeras' corruption, as they are the only evil beings powerful enough to corrupt a titan. Demons could've been powerful by that time, but not enough to corrupt one of the Universe's most powerful entities.

As far as we know, C'Thun was able to incapacitate, maybe kill a Titan when he was imprisoned, so the others could've had the power to corrupt Sargeras too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
    I also believe the Old Gods were the ones behing Sargeras' corruption, as they are the only evil beings powerful enough to corrupt a titan. Demons could've been powerful by that time, but not enough to corrupt one of the Universe's most powerful entities.

As far as we know, C'Thun was able to incapacitate, maybe kill a Titan when he was imprisoned, so the others could've had the power to corrupt Sargeras too.
    It is stated explicitly that Sargeras was corrupted by demons.

Technically Jania doesn't have the focusing iris, it's locked away in a vault in Dalaran and I doubt she could easily get access to it even if she wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It is stated explicitly that Sargeras was corrupted by demons.
    Specifically the nathrezim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    Malfurion was immortal. But the world tree no longer gives Night Elves that gift. Unless somethings as changed again. But it was the dragons who bestowed that magic and since deathwing's fall, they have used up all their magic and are themselves, mortal. Velen is unofficially a demi-god as the Eredar are basically super being-dranei. Only 3 reached such power. Kil'Jaden, Archimonde, and Velen. Sargeras has becoming such a powerful being through demonic influence and power. Who knows what else has had absorbed/consumed from the universe through his conquest. He was the champion of the Pantheon and no titan was greater. It would take all of the titans to take him down and there is no guarantee they could.
    i agree that velen is super draenei, but eredar isn't a special name for what he is. eredar is the original name of the draenei people, man'ari eredar are those who became demons. the good eredar changed their name to draenei so they wouldn't be thought of as demons by those who know of the man'ari. draenei has a meaning that suits them too, i just can't exactly remember. something either exiles or wanderers or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i agree that velen is super draenei, but eredar isn't a special name for what he is. eredar is the original name of the draenei people, man'ari eredar are those who became demons. the good eredar changed their name to draenei so they wouldn't be thought of as demons by those who know of the man'ari. draenei has a meaning that suits them too, i just can't exactly remember. something either exiles or wanderers or something.
    It had nothing to do with not wanting to be confused with the others. They picked up the name immediately after fleeing Argus. It means "exiled ones" in their language.

It had nothing to do with not wanting to be confused with the others. They picked up the name immediately after fleeing Argus. It means "exiled ones" in their language.
    that used to be written on the wiki, so i just guess it was true. it doesn't seem to be there now, so i guess it was wrong. and yeah, i figured it was something to do with exiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    that used to be written on the wiki, so i just guess it was true. it doesn't seem to be there now, so i guess it was wrong. and yeah, i figured it was something to do with exiles.
    Might have been retconned.

Okay, Lets all get real here for a momment. Broxiga The Red (Aka Broxiga Saurfang) Is the most powerful mortal lore character to ever live in Warcraft lore. He jumped into the Well of eternity, slaughtered enough demons to grab Sargeras attention and then wounded sargeras. Thats pretty fucking powerful >>
    Last edited by Burnick; 2013-07-11 at 05:52 AM.

So Thrall being the World Shaman means nothing? X_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    Okay, Lets all get real here for a momment. Broxiga The Red (Aka Broxiga Saurfang) Is the most powerful mortal lore character to ever live in Warcraft lore. He jumped into the Well of eternity, slaughtered enough demons to grab Sargeras attention and then wounded sargeras. Thats pretty fuck powerful >>
    Sylvanas needs to go find his corpse floating out in the Nether and resurrect him.

[QUOTE=Myrandron;21718247]Technically Jania doesn't have the focusing iris, it's locked away in a vault in Dalaran and I doubt she could easily get access to it even if she wanted to.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Well, obviously. Considering how she almost anhilated a city on the verge of an emotional break down, it would make sense.

Also, it just happens to come to mind that there was this conspiracy theory a while back which detailed how Jania was the secert villian of WoW (ie, at one point she teleports a whole bunch of people but in the next instance she only saves the important ones, or that every single one of her ex boyfriends attempted to destroy Azeroth[ Arthas and the previous and now deceased Belf leader]). This would ofcourse; the fact that Jania could potentially obtain the Iris given her powers and close proximity to it, give that theory even more support.

Deleted
    The power of the sunwell focused by the focusing iris?!
    Yeees give it to the warlocks!

Okay, Lets all get real here for a momment. Broxiga The Red (Aka Broxiga Saurfang) Is the most powerful mortal lore character to ever live in Warcraft lore. He jumped into the Well of eternity, slaughtered enough demons to grab Sargeras attention and then wounded sargeras. Thats pretty fucking powerful >>
    Guess that makes Malfurion the most powerful since he managed to create a weapon so powerful that even a second rate Saurfang managed to use it to scratch a god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
    Elune could be an Old God, posing as a benevolent being.
    Wow. Woooooow.

That'd be an awesome twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Also, it just happens to come to mind that there was this conspiracy theory a while back which detailed how Jania was the secert villian of WoW (ie, at one point she teleports a whole bunch of people but in the next instance she only saves the important ones, or that every single one of her ex boyfriends attempted to destroy Azeroth[ Arthas and the previous and now deceased Belf leader]). This would ofcourse; the fact that Jania could potentially obtain the Iris given her powers and close proximity to it, give that theory even more support.
    Jaina and Garrosh had an affair. He went nuclear over the breakup. We better keep an eye on Kalecgos to make sure he doesn't turn Malygos.

Jaina and Garrosh had an affair. He went nuclear over the breakup. We better keep an eye on Kalecgos to make sure he doesn't turn Malygos.
    Lol

Actually I was getting the impression that it would be Varyian's turn for the nemesis cycle.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't say he wounded Sargeras, he opened a paper-cut, which is more than any other person could say so he is still pretty fucking powerful regardless.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    Poor OP, intercepted and bullrushed by horde penis since 2nd post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect the name was in fact originally chosen becuase it is derived from the name 'draenor' which was used as early as war2 by the orcs in reference to their planet. Honestly, sometimes blizzard changes things they could just leave well enough alone, or alternately just expand on an item a little instead of inventing whole new word histories.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.