Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i don´t demonize the founding fathers, i´m not even american so why would i, i don´t think you should worship them as more intelligent than everyone alive now though
    they had some pretty good ideas and some pretty awefull

and it´s interesting that you mention jefferson... he proposed to remove the slaves and not just end slavery, he wanted them gone, because he believed that if they were set free it would lead to violent civil strifes between blacks and whites

they southern slaveowners weren´t to fond of that idea of course
    Jefferson thought that there were real differences between whites and blacks, including in their intellect. He supported taking blacks as slaves as children, having their owners educate them, then at the age of 45 shipping them back to Africa.

Oktoberfest should read 'Notes on the State of Virginia' by Mr Jefferson. It is a great view into one of the greatest American thinkers of the time, and the society and culture that he saw and what he hoped it could become.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i don´t demonize the founding fathers, i´m not even american so why would i, i don´t think you should worship them as more intelligent than everyone alive now though
    they had some pretty good ideas and some pretty awefull

and it´s interesting that you mention jefferson... he proposed to remove the slaves and not just end slavery, he wanted them gone, because he believed that if they were set free it would lead to violent civil strifes between blacks and whites

they southern slaveowners weren´t to fond of that idea of course

I am aware of Jeffersons various attempts to free the slaves one plan which did include sending them back to Africa which I ask you what was wrong with the idea? Riots you say? You mean like the Watts Riots? The Rodney King Riots? How about George Zimmerman trial where riots are being predicted all based on race?

- - - Updated - - -

Jefferson thought that there were real differences between whites and blacks, including in their intellect. He supported taking blacks as slaves as children, having their owners educate them, then at the age of 45 shipping them back to Africa.

Oktoberfest should read 'Notes on the State of Virginia' by Mr Jefferson. It is a great view into one of the greatest American thinkers of the time, and the society and culture that he saw and what he hoped it could become.

I am curious, do you think that blacks are better athletes than whites?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    I am aware of Jeffersons various attempts to free the slaves one plan which did include sending them back to Africa which I ask you what was wrong with the idea? Riots you say? You mean like the Watts Riots? The Rodney King Riots? How about George Zimmerman trial where riots are being predicted all based on race?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want a shovel so you can dig your hole even deeper?

In the US, observably, it is much more related to socio-economic factors than skin color. There is evidence to suggest that specific areas of the world, if your line has been there for hundreds to thousands of years (especially higher elevation areas) you will perform better at specific sports. For instance, the Ethiopian long distance runners aren't such phenoms because they are black, but because of their geographical location. On the other hand, someone from Congo or South Africa or Egypt doesn't have the same kind of history and acclimation to a lesser-oxygen environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Do you want a shovel so you can dig your hole even deeper?
    I have dug no hole. The other gent is possibly aware of the minefield present though still left an opening I might add.

Do you care to answer the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ahh but if the military was allowed to use it as they see fit they would put it towards education, after all a smart soldier is a bit more useful than a high school drop out
    Actually, it's very difficult to get into the military without a diploma/alternative. GEDs aren't accepted in all branches either.

Deleted
    I have dug no hole. The other gent is possibly aware of the minefield present though still left an opening I might add.

Do you care to answer the question?
    You see, you are speaking in absolute terms... A sign of immaturity in my point of view.
    What do you mean "better athletes"? No they aren't "better athletes", there are plenty of disciplines where their physical qualities aren't appropriate. So how can I answer an "absolute" question where the answer isn't in absolute terms?

Talking about riots... Maybe use that shovel to dig a bit behind the issue and you'll find out socio-economic reasons that go far beyond "blacks are prone to riot"...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...1_story_1.html

A brand-new U.S. military headquarters in Afghanistan. And nobody to use it.

The windowless, two-story structure, which is larger than a football field, was completed this year at a cost of $34 million. But the military has no plans to ever use it. Commanders in the area, who insisted three years ago that they did not need the building, now are in the process of withdrawing forces and see no reason to move into the new facility.

The headquarters has its origin in 2009, when President Obama decided to surge more troops to southern Afghanistan to beat back Taliban insurgents. Army planners in South Carolina and at the Pentagon determined that Camp Leatherneck, which had been selected as the headquarters for Marine forces in the south, required a sophisticated command-and-control facility.

When Marine officers in Helmand heard of the plans, they objected. The commander at the time, then-Maj. Gen. Richard P. Mills, believed his plywood-walled headquarters was sufficient and made that clear to his superiors in Kabul.

And, the officials note, the U.S. military recently built a new headquarters building on the Afghan base that adjoins Leatherneck.

Based on his conversations with military officials, he said one of the options now seems to be gaining traction: “The building will probably be demolished.”
    So which congressman was friends with the boss of the company that built it (or, even better, shareholder in the company)?

But no you're dead wrong and should be whipped in public for saying such an atrocity.
    I read your post a few times to try and find the part where you reinforced this statement with some kind of argument but there didn't seem to be one; I guess that means I am wrong because you said so. Math is also wrong because you said so, that's pretty intense.

I remember when "because I said so" was a valid argument, there were also animal crackers and ball pits everywhere - glorious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So which congressman was friends with the boss of the company that built it (or, even better, shareholder in the company)?
    Those questions are often unanswered.... Pity cause one of the tricky aspect of corruption is that feeling you can't do anything about it, whereas by removing ALL parties involved on this particular issue for example you'll do a lot and set the example...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    This is why the military should be able to spend their money how they see fit, not how some jackass in congress thinks will help him pocket as much of it as possible.
    Implying there is no curruption in the military.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    I read your post a few times to try and find the part where you reinforced this statement with some kind of argument but there didn't seem to be one; I guess that means I am wrong because you said so. Math is also wrong because you said so, that's pretty intense.

I remember when "because I said so" was a valid argument, there were also animal crackers and ball pits everywhere - glorious.
    "32 million of waste is nothing compared to other kind of spending" it's just as bad as an argument. I really do not need to "explain" why it's wrong to say such a thing.

You see, you are speaking in absolute terms... A sign of immaturity in my point of view.
    What do you mean "better athletes"? No they aren't "better athletes", there are plenty of disciplines where their physical qualities aren't appropriate. So how can I answer an "absolute" question where the answer isn't in absolute terms?

Talking about riots... Maybe use that shovel to dig a bit behind the issue and you'll find out socio-economic reasons that go far beyond "blacks are prone to riot"...

LOL. BLAMO. Knew one of you would step in. Thanks for playing pal.

1. When you say "their physical qualities", what do you mean by that exactly? Are blacks better NFL players or basketball players than white people?

2. So wait, you are saying that blacks were repressed and resented it like Jefferson predicted?

15+ Year Old Account

1. When you say "their physical qualities", what do you mean by that exactly? Are blacks better NFL players or basketball players than white people?

2. So wait, you are saying that blacks were repressed and resented it like Jefferson predicted?
    you really don´t get it, you´re still stuck in absolute terms

are some blacks better nfl players than some whites?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

"32 million of waste is nothing compared to other kind of spending" it's just as bad as an argument. I really do not need to "explain" why it's wrong to say such a thing.
    Actually that would be a statement of fact, 32 million is extremely small compared to the yearly military spending budget of our country. So yeah, not an argument, a statement of fact. I see now that you are ESL so I will just call it a day here.

Deleted

That is actually embarrassing. What are you trying to achieve? Are you somehow making a link between someone's biology and someone's attitude towards society?
    Are you somehow comparing the physical traits we're born with to way we adapt to society?
    Do you, like, understand that there is no link to be made apart from plain racism?
    Saying "a black's athlete physique is better suited for short burst" isn't the same as "a black man is more inclined to riot". One is an innate trait, the other is a result of education.

Embarrassing.

What do you mean predicted by Jefferson what the hell does that even mean. Do you need a genius to predict that if you treat people like less than shit for a few hundred years they'll be pissed off at the end, black or white?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Actually that would be a statement of fact, 32 million is extremely small compared to the yearly military spending budget of our country. So yeah, not an argument, a statement of fact. I see now that you are ESL so I will just call it a day here.
    Well your post sounded as if you meant something else. "That's nothing" it's 1st factually wrong unless you consider this episode on its own which is silly (the wasted resources here makes me wonder about other cases and how "nothing" would the sum of them be), and 2nd morally wrong. There's plenty in other fields you could do with 32 millions.

But sure if your post meant to say "32 millions is nothing compared to the military budget" and that's it the of course it's true and I apologise and won't be public whipping you.

That is actually embarrassing. What are you trying to achieve? Are you somehow making a link between someone's biology and someone's attitude towards society?
    Are you somehow comparing the physical traits we're born with to way we adapt to society?
    Do you, like, understand that there is no link to be made apart from plain racism?
    Saying "a black's athlete physique is better suited for short burst" isn't the same as "a black man is more inclined to riot". One is an innate trait, the other is a result of education.

Embarrassing.

What do you mean predicted by Jefferson what the hell does that even mean. Do you need a genius to predict that if you treat people like less than shit for a few hundred years they'll be pissed off at the end, black or white?

- - - Updated - - -

Well your post sounded as if you meant something else. "That's nothing" it's 1st factually wrong unless you consider this episode on its own which is silly (the wasted resources here makes me wonder about other cases and how "nothing" would the sum of them be), and 2nd morally wrong. There's plenty in other fields you could do with 32 millions.

But sure if your post meant to say "32 millions is nothing compared to theology budget" and that's it the of course it's true and I apologise and won't be public whipping you.

The only thing embarassing is some of you refusing to answer the question. Are blacks better NFL or NBA athletes than whites. YES OR NO.

Deleted
    The only thing embarassing is some of you refusing to answer the question. Are blacks better NFL or NBA athletes than whites. YES OR NO.
    Ill answer as I'm curios to where you're heading.
    Yes, a black's athlete body is GENERALLY better suited for SOME aspect of athletics. However, they fail in others for the very same physical traits.

But sure if your post meant to say "32 millions is nothing compared to the military budget" and that's it the of course it's true and I apologise and won't be public whipping you.
    You should probably learn how to use quotation marks before diving right in, incorrectly quoting someone is as flawed of a debate tactic as the "because I said so" thing. Your insinuation that 32 million spent on this means that 32 million cannot be spent on something else illustrates your complete lack of knowledge of global economics, especially when referencing a country that has spent 17 trillion dollars that do not actually exist; but that's an argument best saved for another day, and for someone that isn't clearly suffering from a pretty large communication barrier as you clearly seem to be.

Anyways thank you for sparing me from the "public whipping you." I almost suffered, whatever the fuck that means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking like 34 million is a lot in military cost lol. That isn't even one fighter jet. Hell its only a few guided missiles.
    Aye mate