10+ Year Old Account

Custom textures for Vuhdo

This is the first time I've had any interest in trying to create my own art for addons before but I'm kinda bored so I figured I'd give it a go. Problem is I don't have photoshop for starters (I use paint.NET) and the guides I did find were specifically for that. I figured out how to add custom textures for Weakauras which was pretty simple but Vuhdo seems to be more challenging.

But I've been looking around for a few hours now trying to find exactly how to get what I do in paint.net into vuhdo without much avail so I figured it was time to break down and see if anyone here perhaps could help me.

Anyway, thanks in advanced for any help that anyone can toss my way.

- Quarla

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    What I would suggest is that you use shared media and follow the instructions for my media .bat and have them in file for status bars and textures. Unfortunately the game only supports a couple of image file extensions, .tga is the most common. If the image editing software you have does not have an option for save as .tga then I would recommend you use GIMP. It is available for free (legally!) and does support .tga.

Using a similar set up I made all my status bars have daisies on them at one point, until I got bored and went with cat fur. May change it to lace again.
    Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried searching around for the .bat file you listed and then finally found it as a .bat.txt file. lol Teach me to try to find it by *.bat search. lol Anyway, thanks for the help WinniPriest. I tired to find something of the like earlier with no luck. And your cat fur texture makes me curious to see what it looks like. xD I want to do something gecko/lizard themed probably.

- Quarla

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome quarla.
    Remember all images must be sized to a power of two, saved to an alpha channel and in .tga format.
    Some images still refuse to play nicely but others work just fine. I don't know if I have permission to post images or videos here yet but I would love to see yours and show you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by WinniPriest View Post
    You're welcome quarla.
    Remember all images must be sized to a power of two, saved to an alpha channel and in .tga format.
    Some images still refuse to play nicely but others work just fine. I don't know if I have permission to post images or videos here yet but I would love to see yours and show you mine.
    The requirement for links/images should be 10 posts, which you have since met.
    Should be no issues posting them now.

10+ Year Old Account

This one uses the "balloon" texture I did for most status and cast bars. It also features a huge blue sky kg panels, some art for the minimap...well yeah. In hindsight perhaps a bit much. But it was fun!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-07-12 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinniPriest View Post
    In hindsight perhaps a bit much. But it was fun!
    Only a "bit" ?
    Then again I have seen full on Hello Kitty themed UI's before.